Bike weight

124»

Comments

• ZMC888
    ZMC888 Posts: 292
    The name Imposter, it's all in the name.

Just because your other account names agree with you, it means nothing.
    It's a really weak troll. Your other internet personalities even use your exact prose style!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ZMC888 wrote:
    The name Imposter, it's all in the name.

Just because your other account names agree with you, it means nothing.
    It's a really weak troll. Your other internet personalities even use your exact prose style!

Paranoia, it's all in the name. This seems to be standard MO for you - lose an argument and then make yourself look daft by accusing others of having multiple accounts. The word you are thinking of is spelled differently (ie with a second 'o') and I don't have any other user IDs here, sorry.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sorry that you are angry, nay, incandescant. its not nice to feel anger or rage or to hit out withcruel words or actions.

carbon forks were generally introduced, as stated above, for weight' fashion and marketing. most early budget carbon forks are ali with a cosmetic carbo wrap.

most "all rounder" or lower end carbonbikes willbe made in a factory in Asia from simple open moulds using budget carbon and resin - unfortunately they won't compare on stiffness, weight, ride quality, design, etc to a decent ali frame.

at that price range ali is far better.

and no - no multiple accounts here. also, if you look at people's numbers of posts it would be frankly IMPOSSIBLE to do all that.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ZMC888 wrote:
    I can't understand all these pro aluminium alloy loving whiners. One bloke with multiple accounts or a gang of morons? Misleading new riders and trying to defend alumium alloy to buy it when they could have afforded carbon fibre, madness.

This mentality is what the industry relies upon, but an informed buyer will buy a good bike with the money they have. But if you want to be a marketing victim, do carry on.
  • shortfall
    jj0n4m.jpg
  • shortfall
    edited October 2017
    Thought I'd put this back up in light of the previous reply from zmc. Pencils up nose, underpants on head time for one of us. Wibble!!!!
  • Matthewfalle

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ad-click is pushing a pampers advert into this thread....
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    My CAAD12 was one of the best bikes I've owned.

Aluminium AND carbon... Just call me crazy!
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • Matthewfalle
    my lime green CAAD 4 was amazing and i miss it every day - super stiff ali frame and forks.

joy.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tyw214
    tyw214 Posts: 52
    I also vouch for the Cannondale CAAD series.

I have a entry level specialized Diverge, HAD a CAAD12 Disc (crashed it a couple months ago :( after 800 ish miles ) and now an Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0

i have to say, the CAAD12 is quite close to the Aeroad, and MUCH MUCH better than the Diverge (i salvaged the components from the CAAD12, and put on the Diverge, I had custom wheels from Hunts). Imo, I think CAAD series from Cannondale is probably the best Aluminum bike on the planet and the pinnacle of Aluminum bike. Although the stock wheels from CAAD is really crap.

From just my limited ride with the Aeroad, it does indeed feel nimbler, and "quieter" on the road than my previous CAAD12 (which I also upgraded with a carbon flex post from Cannondale)
  • Matthewfalle
    tyw214 wrote:

I have a entry level specialized Diverge, HAD a CAAD12 Disc (crashed it a couple months ago :( after 800 ish miles ) and now an Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0

i have to say, the CAAD12 is quite close to the Aeroad, and MUCH MUCH better than the Diverge (i salvaged the components from the CAAD12, and put on the Diverge, I had custom wheels from Hunts). Imo, I think CAAD series from Cannondale is probably the best Aluminum bike on the planet and the pinnacle of Aluminum bike. Although the stock wheels from CAAD is really crap.

From just my limited ride with the Aeroad, it does indeed feel nimbler, and "quieter" on the road than my previous CAAD12 (which I also upgraded with a carbon flex post from Cannondale)

Toss up between my Soloist and a CAAD to tell the truth but I would be more than happy to have either. Either are easily better than my Madone.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    tyw214 wrote:

Toss up between my Soloist and a CAAD to tell the truth but I would be more than happy to have either. Either are easily better than my Madone.

It's the second time I've read you complaining about the Madone. If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with it? Heavy? Harsh? Uncomfortable?
  • Matthewfalle
    DrHaggis wrote:
    tyw214 wrote:

It's the second time I've read you complaining about the Madone. If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with it? Heavy? Harsh? Uncomfortable?

Bland to tell the truth. Underwhelming. Not as stiff, "fast" or any of the superlatives I'd heard of them. Quite disappointing really.

Happily swap it for an S3 without thinking twice.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Matthew, what Madone is that? I was tempted myself.
    I had the Emonda SLR, now have the Domane. The Madone is on my shortlist for a new bike for racing on next year. I've rode the Madone when it first came out, but that was a Team Issue bike that I thought was awesome, but it was a pan flat 25 mile demo ride.

Like yourself I'm a big fan of the CAAD's, used to ride an old CAAD back in the day. The CAAD12 is also on the shortlist, just let down by the stock wheels. Adding on decent wheels takes ups the price and takes it to lower down my list.
  • I have both Al and CF bikes, whilst they are nice they are still not at light as my steel one.
  • ZMC888
    ZMC888 Posts: 292
    What the heck was Oscar Pistorius thinking in the Olympics that time? Why did he run on carbon fibre blades? Didn't he realize that actually if they were engineered well enough that aluminium alloy is just a good material? :roll:
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ZMC888 wrote:
    What the heck was Oscar Pistorius thinking in the Olympics that time? Why did he run on carbon fibre blades? Didn't he realize that actually if they were engineered well enough that aluminium alloy is just a good material? :roll:

That's called a 'logical fallacy'..
  • champson wrote:
    I have both Al and CF bikes, whilst they are nice they are still not at light as my steel one.

I have both steel and CF bikes, whilst they are nice they are still not at light as my AL one.
  • Matthewfalle
    champson wrote:
    I have both Al and CF bikes, whilst they are nice they are still not at light as my steel one.

I have both steel and CF bikes, whilst they are nice they are still not at light as my AL one.

I have steel, cf and AL bikes, whilst the steel and AL bikes are very nice the cf one is not but that is probably down to it being a Trek.

It’s also not as light or ride as nicely or as much fun or make me feel as special or look as good as or turn as many heads as my AL one.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.