De Rosa Nuovo Classico 2017

13»

Comments

• matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    I run latex tubes in Corsas and they lose 15-20psi overnight.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Ok so I am home alone and board stiff. Thought I would check the wheels fit :lol:

QfIupSv.jpg
  • Please tell me that saddle is about 1ft above it`s intended position .

Other than that, lovely .
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • bmxboy10
    Please tell me that saddle is about 1ft above it`s intended position .

Other than that, lovely .
    Yes I don’t want to position it yet as if I push it in too much it will scratch. Just playing about at the mo.
  • haha I guessed as much but "Phew" all the same ! :)
  • bmxboy10
    Almost done may be able to post some pics over the weekend.....
  • bmxboy10
    NQHAtsH.jpg

55cm De Rosa Nuovo Classico 2017
    Campagnolo Athena 11s with carbon cranks
    HSon TB 14 Rims on Record Hubs from Cycle Clinic
    Vitoria Corsa G+ 25mm Tyres
    Deda Finishing Kit
    San Marco Regale Saddle

Not 100% dialled in for fit yet.

I think the bars will need to be changed to compact as the reach is a slight issue and I have an issue with seat post slippage but other than that it rides lovely.

Campagnolo is sooo smooth.
  • Oh my. That is a very lovely thing indeed.
  • Beautiful. A really stunning bike.

Some pretty matching bidons would make it even better :)
  • bmxboy10
    Beautiful. A really stunning bike.

Some pretty matching bidons would make it even better :)
    Yes I struggled to find some any suggestions?
  • bmxboy10
    YWopLUx.jpg

dVUw8Da.jpg
    yXg5LZ7.jpg

Mxq97UN.jpg
    8NxY4UN.jpg

46KKnEm.jpg
  • The bike is nice, the photos are dreadful. Ditch those horrible bidons, at least for the photos. Valves should be aligned. Do you really need two bottle holders? Vintage looking frames should really only have one, the second always looks out of place. The cages themselves don't suit the bike... maybe in time you should try and source ONE metal cage with a classic design.
    The stem is a bit high, but if that's the position that works for you, fair enough.

On the plus side, I was right about the rims and spokes, as you can clearly see
    left the forum March 2023
  • bmxboy10
    Ahh Ugo is back!lol

I agree a about the bidons or water bottles as I call them. I struggled to find anything that I thought would go. I like the cages they are Deda. I only wanted one cage but need to carry tools somewhere. Was contemplating a Castelli Saddle pack instead. Sorry about the photos it’s freezing today so was in a rush.
  • beanstalk
    beanstalk Posts: 143
    I generally don't like those big camel humps on current Campagnolo Ergopowers.
    Are there 11speed Campagnolo down-tube shifters available? I would have gone with those.
    And why are the valves so long?
  • bmxboy10
    There is no way I could ride with down tube shifters now. Someone else suggested that before but they are not for me. I really like the Athena GS I must say.

I got some latex tubes with the tyres for free hence the valve length.
  • beanstalk
    solboy10 wrote:
    There is no way I could ride with down tube shifters now. Someone else suggested that before but they are not for me. I really like the Athena GS I must say.
    I'm sure Athena is a good group-set, but if DT shifters are not an option then I would have searched for a classic 10speed Record or Chorus with the silver aluminium cranks and small Ergopowers. Just for looks.
  • bmxboy10
    beanstalk wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:
    I'm sure Athena is a good group-set, but if DT shifters are not an option then I would have searched for a classic 10speed Record or Chorus with the silver aluminium cranks and small Ergopowers. Just for looks.
    I guess it depends what you want. If I wanted an old bike I’d have looked on eBay and bought second hand.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Lovely looking bike, but that electrical tape, please sort it out!
  • beanstalk
    solboy10 wrote:
    I guess it depends what you want. If I wanted an old bike I’d have looked on eBay and bought second hand.
    Judging from the frame-set I assumed you wanted a beautiful bike...
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Elite Ciussi Inix cages would be perfect on that

https://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/prod ... gJc2vD_BwE

Ritchey Classic would be a good bar to swap to, classic D shape but compact so it works well if that's what' you're used to.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • bmxboy10
    Before I bought the Deda cages I was going to get the Arundel Steel one. I see it’s on sale at the moment so maybe I’ll swap it.

When you see how these bikes are generally build up they tend to be built using more modern components hence this is the look I was aiming for. I could have got a polished Potenza group but prefer the look of Athena plus it was really cheap at the time.

I stopped short of getting an a head Stem but I guess this remains an option if I need to change to OS bars. I quite like the look of the Soma Highway Ones or the Nittos as that way I can keep the Deda Stem which I do really like.
  • I bought two of these when they did cost a lot less,, about half the current price, probably 8 years ago... they are very smart

https://www.fatbirds.co.uk/19884/produc ... gLfz_D_BwE
    left the forum March 2023
  • bmxboy10
    I’m not sure I am going to change it but if I did I thought this looked nice https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=arund ... DYQgjYI5wE

I am more concerned about the bars as that shape ain’t working for me and the options for shallow drop silver 26mm bars are minimal.
  • bmxboy10
    Here are some updated photos in case you are interested.

I have had to swap the bars for some compact drop bars and went for some rather nice Soma Highway Ones in silver.

Also decided it was right to swap the cage so went for a nice Arundel stainless one. Also got a nice Rapha bidon to go on the bike.

I then managed to find an obsolete San Marci Regale Carbon FX saddle from one of the members on here and the bike is now set up how I like it.

I have an issue with downshifting so may try a new RD cable to see if that helps but other than that it’s all good!

DBrtWcG.jpg
    Bng4UDE.jpg
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    That looks hugely better than before. I can't say I'm keen on the black groupset, silver would have looked better but if its what you want....
  • bmxboy10
    ravey1981 wrote:
    That looks hugely better than before. I can't say I'm keen on the black groupset, silver would have looked better but if its what you want....

Yes I hear what you are saying but silver Athena was going to cost about £250 more as was silver Potenza plus I think Potenza looks horrible.
  • bmxboy10
    Here are few more after a proper clean

mvwwT6v.jpg
    cEwTBwe.jpg
    YJMFs3q.jpg