De Rosa Nuovo Classico 2017

Comments

• Hanners
    Hanners Posts: 260
    I've a set of tb14 in grey built by a certain someone from here they are great wheels and look the dogs, campag neutrons would look the dogs as well
  • Polished is way too retro for what you are trying to do... whereas anodised grey is perfect.

Pretty sure the last one is a forum user and I have built those

win32b.jpg
    nemesis-photo.jpg
    qcaj9e24q9zy.jpg
    master.jpg
    _DSF8659.JPG
    8__MG_5384_2014-10-20.jpg
    _MG_5615.jpg
    left the forum March 2023
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    DT indexed shifters are excellent and very simple to maintain.
    Son's bike has 9 speed DA downtube shifters, they just work really well. His bike is neglected and gets left out all over the place, he rarely does anything other than pumping the tyres up on occasion and only lubes the chain when it gets really noisy. But every time I jump on it the gears are absolutely spot on. I suspect this is mainly due to the simple cable run, but they really do work very well.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Polished is way too retro for what you are trying to do... whereas anodised grey is perfect.

Pretty sure the last one is a forum user and I have built those

win32b.jpg
    nemesis-photo.jpg
    qcaj9e24q9zy.jpg
    master.jpg
    _DSF8659.JPG
    8__MG_5384_2014-10-20.jpg
    _MG_5615.jpg

Point taken
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    DT indexed shifters are excellent and very simple to maintain.
    Son's bike has 9 speed DA downtube shifters, they just work really well. His bike is neglected and gets left out all over the place, he rarely does anything other than pumping the tyres up on occasion and only lubes the chain when it gets really noisy. But every time I jump on it the gears are absolutely spot on. I suspect this is mainly due to the simple cable run, but they really do work very well.

And they are indexed, so none of the faff of 1980s friction shifting, where you needed to build the accuracy in your right hand for smooth shifting.
    For me it's really the simplicity of not having inner + outer cable, with all the faff of fitting these things neatly under the handlebar, not to talk about internal cabling. The absence of an outer removes any element of inaccuracy from the shifting, as typically the problem is the outer cable getting chewed at the ends resulting in loss of tension in the inner. Replacing a cable takes seconds... not that you ever need to bother... inner cables, when they are not chewed by the STI/ERGO last forever. If I had a frame with bosses for DT shifters, it would be a no brainer
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    And they are indexed, so none of the faff of 1980s friction shifting, where you needed to build the accuracy in your right hand for smooth shifting.
    Yes, indexed and always spot on they just click into place. Having grown up with old friction shifters they are a revelation. The front is friction, but being a twin with the limit screws set it only has two positions and also works flawlessly.
  • TB14 in grey seem pretty rare online though. No one seems to have any stock.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • TB14 in grey seem pretty rare online though. No one seems to have any stock.

https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/hson-t ... dised-grey
  • bmxboy10
    So if you went grey TB14 would you go black hubs and spokes or silver (miche Primato)
  • Spokes silver, whichever colour you find the hubs... Record are only black.
  • bmxboy10
    TB14s on Record hubs ordered! A bit more dosh than the Zondas but at least they will cope with my weight ok!
  • solboy10 wrote:
    TB14s on Record hubs ordered! A bit more dosh than the Zondas but at least they will cope with my weight ok!

:-)
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    +1 for grey rims, especially with tan wall tyres. Here's my Master with Ambrosio Nemesis rims on Campagnolo Croce D'aune hubs. Vintage hubs, modern rims and spokes.

7SIOiQf.jpg
  • Term1te wrote:
    +1 for grey rims, especially with tan wall tyres. Here's my Master with Ambrosio Nemesis rims on Campagnolo Croce D'aune hubs. Vintage hubs, modern rims and spokes.

7SIOiQf.jpg

Very very nice
  • bmxboy10
    Got to wait for the wheels and because of this I started doubting the rim choice that said I di still like the TBs.

What do you think it would look like with the new Mavic Open Pro USTs?
  • pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    You, being undecided on something.... never
  • bmxboy10
    :lol:
    Pnev wrote:
    You, being undecided on something.... never
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    The more polished aluminium the better, and nothing Shimano within 100 yards of that frame.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    lesfirth wrote:
    The more polished aluminium the better, and nothing Shimano within 100 yards of that frame.

SRAM all the way it is then. Top suggestion that man.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    This is going to be good..very very good
  • bmxboy10
    lesfirth wrote:

I thought long and hard about going for a silver GS but I think that will make it look too retro.
  • I have downtube bosses on my Condor Fratello, and it is in for a respray.
    If I went down the downtube shifter route , what 10 speed rear derailleur and cassette woud work to give low gears , such as 34-34 or even 34-36? I use the bike with laden panniers, and need help up hills

Any advice greatly appreciated
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    I have downtube bosses on my Condor Fratello, and it is in for a respray.
    If I went down the downtube shifter route , what 10 speed rear derailleur and cassette woud work to give low gears , such as 34-34 or even 34-36? I use the bike with laden panniers, and need help up hills

Any advice greatly appreciated

Is this on shimano?

Assuming it is, and that you aren't to bothered about a matching groupset then you can use any 9spd shimano MTB derailleur and 10spd mtb cassette. You can have a choice of many different ratios. Note it MUST be 9spd mech. MTB 10 speed is completely different and wont work with indexed shifters.

If you are just using friction shifters on the downtube then you can have anything you like.
  • bmxboy10
    TB14S on Record hubs in Grey arrived today. They look soooo cool. Cheers Malcolm!

Now do I fit the Clement Strada LGG tan wall tyres or send em back and get some Vittoria Corsa G+?
  • solboy10 wrote:
    TB14S on Record hubs in Grey arrived today. They look soooo cool. Cheers Malcolm!

Now do I fit the Clement Strada LGG tan wall tyres or send em back and get some Vittoria Corsa G+?
    Pics please :?:
  • bmxboy10
    solboy10 wrote:

Pics please :?:

Mmmmmm

1a73y5d.jpg

c2twIkN.jpg

d0NFscN.jpg

yhmMtub.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    i know this may sound silly, but do those hold pressure for more than 72 hours?

its just that the Vittorias on Dirk don't and although he needs tan walls always pumping them up annoys me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bmxboy10
    No idea only just fitted them. Latex tubes are just weird I felt like a kids magician trying to fit them!
  • Matthewfalle
    keep me updated dude - dirk's £70 tubs are about to turn into turbo tyres!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.