Ache after 25+ miles

5parky
5parky Posts: 49
Since about mid feb I've started to get an ache on the outside of my left knee, usually about 25/30 miles. It started on or around a time I think I knocked my knee, or lifted something that trapped a nerve. I have not changed anything and it happens with both sets of shoes/bikes.

It's not as bad as it was in the early stages when it first happened and I thought it had cleared up when I rode the Peaks (50 miles) a few weeks ago. Then went out the following Wednesday (35 miles) and it came back.

The ache is more noticeable during rotation and not when I press down (if I stop pedalling I hardly feel anything). After the ride it's very mildly uncomfortable for a few hours but when within five I can hardly feel a thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Riding High
    Riding High Posts: 21
    Could be a multitude of different things but could also just be inflammation. Have you tried ice or frozen peas on the sore area? If you haven't done any cold treatment then try frozen peas, ice or the likes a couple of times a day and see if this resolves the issue.

After that it could be cleats, bike set up, lack of stretching or something more serious that you have damaged when you bumped your knee!!!

Good luck.......
  • LimitedGarry
    LimitedGarry Posts: 400
    I get similar sores when I'm overtrained or not properly stretched.
    I get this one spot on either of my legs that starts to get uncomfortable in a certain position of the rotation, especially in climbs.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    IT band perhaps?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    A facetious answer would be to ride for 24 miles. Perhaps it might be sensible to seek some kind of medical opinion, or make sure that your position on the bike is correct?