Waterproof Saddle Bag to take iPhone 6/7

dork_knight
dork_knight Posts: 405
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Hello,

I currently use an Ortlieb Micro Saddle Bag for my commute, this takes my iPhone 4s (in a case), fitbit, ID badge, folded paper work and a bunch of keys;
https://www.ortlieb.com/en/Micro/

The phone has started to do odd things so an iPhone 7 (not the Plus) has been ordered so I'm in search for a replacement saddle bag, the Ortlieb Saddle Bag Medium looks like it might do the job but it looks massive;
https://www.ortlieb.com/en/Saddle-Bag/
https://cycletechreview.com/2016/review ... ag-review/

Does anyone use this bag (Small or Medium) with an iPhone 6/7 (or similar sized device) and if so how do you find the fit and also happy with alternative waterproof recommendations?

Thank You
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Just put the phone in a ziploc sandwich bag. Or get a waterproof phone.
  • animal72
    animal72 Posts: 251
    Isn't the iSheep 7 waterproof?
    Condor Super Acciaio, Record, Deda, Pacentis.
    Curtis 853 Handbuilt MTB, XTR, DT Swiss and lots of Hope.
    Genesis Datum Gravel Bike, Pacentis (again).
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc, 105 & H-Plus-Son.

Mostly Steel.
  • topeak all weather tri bag ( they also do a drybag version too ) is my choice of hiding spot for my phone ( Galaxy S6 ) snug fit when its in its case mind lol - also comes in handy for payment card/some cash too as well as other small odds n sods i cant be bothered having in my pockets when going to work - some care to be taken though as not sure if the side pockets are as water resistant as the main centre pocket where i stash the phone )

I fit the bag under the front of the saddle instead of the more usual behind the stem part of the top tube & leave the saddlebag to carry the cycling related stuff ( tube/patches/tools etc )

the ziplock bag also works well if you have a location that will safely carry the phone thats not water tight already ( i use this method when walking the dogs if it looks like it may rain during the walk as my pocket aint waterproof for more than a couple of minutes, less if its a good downpour lol - cost me 69p for 25 bags, also been able to use the phone for internet/txt's without removing it from its bag too, even the fingerprint unlock worked which i was suprised by )
  • I'll take a look at the Topeak, thanks.

Having everything in a saddle bag makes my OCD more manageable, not so much so when in jersey pockets.
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • smudgerii
    smudgerii Posts: 125
    Quad lock phone mount comes with a waterproof cover. Very solid fitting
  • keep an eye out on halfords and amazon for the tribags if you do think it may be a solution for you.

i got a few from halfords for about £7 each ( normally about £15 - think they were price matching someone ) & also a few more later from amazon as addon items for the sum of £3.13 each ( yes thats right, they also had the Topeak RC1 / RC11 road mudguard sets for something silly like £6.79 or something which saved me buying the RC11 on its own for nearly double that from everywhere else )