The Program

13»

Comments

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    The world is changing, it used to be normal for successful young actors to dabble in drugs.
    There you go, a film about doping is just a cover story.
    :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Not sure how widely this being shown but it's on in Abergavenny cinema from Friday to Sunday (23rd to 25th) if anyone in the area is looking for it.
  • Saw this last night - was ok for cheap Wednesday night tickets.

I thought the pacing was a little off, they'd go into detail on a short period, then jump forward, then more details, then suddenly it was unravelling and then curtains came up and lights came on. Worth a watch if you have time, but you wouldn't miss watching it on dvd.
  • Didn't know Yanto Barker was Lance's body double, did all the long and at speed shots.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    It's funny as in the newsroom scenes I noticed posters of Paula Radcliffe and Mo Farah who have now gone through the mill and are still under suspicion.
    It had a little scene with the collusion of the UCI but missed out his text messages he used to get before the Vampires turned up.
    The whole LA story is fascinating though with the cancer angle and the way LA went about.

Just a note that I think Landis has ended up looking at a cheque for roughly £30 million for helping out the authorities. He'll be fine even though he doped and got caught like a muppet. ;)
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I finally got round to watching this last night, I found it quite enjoyable. Nothing amazing - as mentioned above the pacing is a little bit off - but it was certainly watchable, and it was nice to see a proper well made film about cycling in the cinema (even if it was about the sport's most infamous drugs cheat...)
  • stoveman
    stoveman Posts: 125
    If anybody is interested tescos seem to be selling the book of the film for £3.85,doesn't seem to be shifting though.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    I've just started watching season two of Fargo. Floyd Landis has put on a bit of weight hasn't he?
    Twitter: @RichN95