Training Peaks Premium v Strava Premium

JustinLeeAtkinson
JustinLeeAtkinson Posts: 335
Hi, any views as to whether TP is better than Strava for training analysis? TP is more expensive, is it worth the extra price? My budget will not stretch to a full blown power meter, so I'm using a powertap powercal.

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Simply no argument.
    Training Peaks.
    Strava just does not cut it for serious training purposes.
    Having said that, the way Training Peaks has morphed, has not endeared it to me.
    I find the analysis tools in Golden Cheetah better but not so pretty to look at.
  • Thanks, I've never looked at Golden Cheetah, it's free so I'll give it a try.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    https://www.cyclinganalytics.com/

Clean, intuitive and has the right amount of detail for general fitness/load tracking.

I like GC, but it's clunky in comparison. Training Peaks is a total mess compared to Cycling Analytics.
    More problems but still living....
  • Thanks again, I'll give it a try too. I see straight away that you can sync it with Strava.
  • Strava power data is quite interesting in as much as I like to see the little bar graph next to a section so I know how hard i actually went as a percentage agains my 6 week PB. The problem is the real power data isn't very detailed and they have their own take on the Performance Management Chart chart which I assume is because they can't \won't license the real charts from TP.

They also have a strange way of calculating what they think is your FTP which as far as I can tell is that they make it up.

The good thing about Strava is its cheap in comparison so you could get both.