Giro 2014 - Stage 10: Modena - Salsomag. **Spoilers**

124»

Comments

• smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    I have never really liked Tyler Farrar but I am almost beginning to feel sorry for him. He is an absolute cluster£uck of a rider.

Just watched the highlights and thought the Sky move was interesting. Would have been more so if Eisel could have stayed in there.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,187
    smithy21 wrote:
    I have never really liked Tyler Farrar but I am almost beginning to feel sorry for him. He is an absolute cluster£uck of a rider.
    To be fair to the guy, in the last six years cycling has put his father in a wheelchair and his friend in the morgue - he's had more than his fair share of strife. It would have driven most to retirement.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Matthews has gone so I hear.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,256
    Joelsim wrote:
    Matthews has gone so I hear.

First Stanley, then Bernard... And now Michael: eee,it's a bad day in the Matthews household.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,174
    RichN95 wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    To be fair to the guy, in the last six years cycling has put his father in a wheelchair and his friend in the morgue - he's had more than his fair share of strife. It would have driven most to retirement.

I think it probably should have with him too, he looks nervous whenever I see him ride which as a sprinter means he's unlikely to win but the nervousness is putting him and others at risk. I don't know why he carries on. The irony is that he has hissy fits if he thinks someone else causes a crash.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    In case it wasn't mentioned the white flowers on the Colombian jerseys was for 30 people killed in a bus fire (I think).

130214_11ddc5d5-670d-4cfd-9d96-bbc72270e974.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    SPTDW0142.jpg

This ginger cost Viviani some valuable points:
    SPTDW069.jpg

Europcar are leading the team classification by the way!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,767
    Anyone see a slomo of what Farrar did? Just watched it again on youtube and it looks like he may have been overlapping wheels on the outside then turned into the corner earlier than the rider in front effectively taking his own wheel out but hard to tell for sure.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    In case it wasn't mentioned the white flowers on the Colombian jerseys was for 30 people killed in a bus fire (I think).

Nairo grimacing nicely. Ar$e must still be a bit sore. :D

And the picture of Farrar. :oops:
  • frenchfighter
    Quintana by Gruber:
    14046842807_b85ec96908_z.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    smithy21 wrote:

Nairo grimacing nicely. Ar$e must still be a bit sore. :D

And the picture of Farrar. :oops:

He's smiling.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Mechanism wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    I hope they take care with the gravy in their pie. Everyone always forgets the gravy but without gravy you might as well forget the pie.
    Some fat bloke was saying exactly that in Game of Thrones last night.

It was nice to see what Mark 'Hot Pie' Cavendish gets up to in the off season.

fhGa2Bc.jpg

Now we need one with the hound "Lot's of people name their bikes" "Lots of ****s" :mrgreen:
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Mechanism wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    I hope they take care with the gravy in their pie. Everyone always forgets the gravy but without gravy you might as well forget the pie.

Now we need one with the hound "Lot's of people name their bikes" "Lots of ****s" :mrgreen:

The Hound gets all the best lines in that show.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Mechanism wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Mechanism wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

The Hound gets all the best lines in that show.
    He does!
    hound.jpg
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    "He on your little list?"

Can I just point out that I have named every bike I've ever had. The last 4 road bikes have all had the same name. Sad I know, what would The Hound say?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mechanism

Can I just point out that I have named every bike I've ever had. The last 4 road bikes have all had the same name. Sad I know, what would The Hound say?

I think you know he wouldn't be terribly impressed, and getting stabbed in the neck won't have improved his outlook.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Mechanism wrote:

I think you know he wouldn't be terribly impressed, and getting stabbed in the neck won't have improved his outlook.
    He was bitten in the neck...
  • mechanism
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Mechanism wrote:

He was bitten in the neck...

Ah. I should have spotted that.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Mechanism wrote:
    Ah. I should have spotted that.
    The character that bit him has a more significant role in the books and is called Biter which is why it kind of stood out to me!