Giro 2014 - Stage 10: Modena - Salsomag. **Spoilers**

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    really need a good Pro Race commentary. I'm flying Stevie Wonder here.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,994
    mroli wrote:
    Why have sky gone so early?

Panache. Apparently you only have it if you go 10k or more from the end.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    They were never going to drop the peloton on that and now Swift is by himself....
  • Cookie!
    Cookie! Posts: 5
    Mental crash!
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    FFS

Farrar
  • mroli
    edited May 2014
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited May 2014
    Farrar causing the crash. Who would have thought. Time to retire.
  • Richmond Racer
    edited May 2014
    Props to Bouhanni

EDIT

He's a bit of a tool. But props to him - and to Chavenal
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,251
    8th apparently
  • Richmond Racer
    mroli wrote:
    Ah, I see now. They put that effort in to get Swift a solid 9th....

Yeah - cos they forecast that when they formulated their plan
  • Bouhanni too easily confused with Katusha. Just as well I was paying attention to the commentary.
  • Richmond Racer
    ThomThom wrote:
    Farrar causing the crash. Who would have thought. Time to retire.

Seriously.

Colour me surprised.
  • kamil1891
    kamil1891 Posts: 658
    Props to Bouhanni

and too Evans too. This guy knows how to stay out of trouble (or is THAT lucky).
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Sitting up part way through his sprint doesn't seem to be a winning tactic for Swift.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Cadel Evans make more luck for himself and avoids that crash by the skin of his teeth. Does the time gap count given the split in the group happened inside the last KM?

DD.
  • ocdupalais
    Farrah looks like his bike vanished from under him - he really has got a special skill, that boy...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,994
    WTF was that all about? I turned on with over 3km to go and EBH had broken the peloton to bits but only had one other rider who (I assume Swift) who was second wheel. They eventually got swamped, Garmin decided to cause chaos again and Swift finishes more or less last of those who avoided the pile up. Weird!

Was that Tyler causing the chaos again? Garmin - the new Euskatel.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I think Sky's work was entirely justified. There's no way Swift would have out sprinted… (checks results)… Cadel Evans for… … …eighth place without Cataldo and EBH killing themselves for him!
  • ocdupalais
    Not sure about Bouhanni's Mussolini victory face
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    Bohanni came into Giro looking for contract for 2015 - very fickle - he could have 3 5th places - but self belief is a great thing

who will take him? or FdJ may have to have a re think. Demare is def Madiot's pet. Madiot doesn't like riders speaking out ( a la Alex Ferguson) and Bouhanni blotted his copy book by complaining about team selections
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    Farrar and Thomas in a 2 up tt :shock:
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    kamil1891 wrote:
    Props to Bouhanni

and too Evans too. This guy knows how to stay out of trouble (or is THAT lucky).

Neat sprinter that man. And nowt wrong with "lucky" - always plays a part.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • ocdupalais

Collapse at bottom of start ramp.
  • Richmond Racer
    Graeme_S wrote:
    I think Sky's work was entirely justified. There's no way Swift would have out sprinted… (checks results)… Cadel Evans for… … …eighth place without Cataldo and EBH killing themselves for him!

The plan was to try to shed Bouhanni etc.
  • Richmond Racer

tbf when G crashes, he doesnt bring down a heap of other riders - Farrar's speciality
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,216
    Farrar and Dan Martin in a 2 up tt :shock:

FTFY
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Graeme_S wrote:

But surely that would need someone to keep the pace high after the climb. If not more.

Right idea, but can't help think they would have been better just giving him a lead out train.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Graeme_S wrote:

I understood that, but it left Swift with no support from a couple of km out and he then ended up completely out of position. I think he'd have had a better chance from a bigger field with a proper lead out than the way that played out.
  • Richmond Racer
    The_Boy wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

But surely that would need someone to keep the pace high after the climb. If not more.

Right idea, but can't help think they would have been better just giving him a lead out train.

You tell 'em :wink:
  • mroli
    Agreed. Was a 6km downhill/flat run in with Trek/Giant and FDJ still interested and present and BMC keeping Evans at the front really the place to try that? Its not as if Sky do not have a lot of track record with starting lead outs FAR too early and getting slapped...