Overt Covert

13»

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    I'm exactly the same, first impressions are good but I feel it has more to offer with the right set up..

The cockpit is what I need to set up right, once that's done I'll be much more comfortable on the bike I suspect

You're not the first person to say that.. Several others have commented on the fact the paint is very easily damaged! I've only taped the highly visible parts, the majority is not taped
    But I have to agree with you, I think a bike looks better once it's been used rather than new and shiny
  • OutSpoken
    OutSpoken Posts: 69
    Well if this wear rate is anything to go by mine will be silver coloured in the near future....
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    ej2320 wrote:
    Good job you brought that up, I wouldn't have realised there was a bolt to lock it in place

Its not to lock it in place it basically adjusts the amount of preload on a spring and a ball bearing and how much force it take to move the adjuster. Fox don't detail this as it should be set right from the factory.
  • OutSpoken
    So basically its a lock?
  • ej2320
    How are you finding your Covert now you've had time to get everything tuned?
    I'm loving mine!

Did you get any rim decals in the end?
  • OutSpoken
    Getting there, not had too many miles in the saddle yet, would like some more time to set up the suspension a bit more? How about yours?

No no decals yet, still umming and arring about changing them,
  • ej2320
    Swapping out the bars has made it a lot more comfortable and locking out the forks the bike actually climbs nearly as well as my old XC bike!

I've had to put a bottomless token into my pikes as I found even with a good sag setup they'd bottom out on big hits.. I've set the rebound reasonably fast on the forks mainly to save me from any over the bar moments

Running the rear shock on about 30% sag in decend mode which seems to be working.. I'm using around 90% of the overall travel, I've set the rebound slower just to stop it bouncing me off the pedals on rough terrain

But it's much more of an all rounder than I was initially expecting and I'm yet to see it's full potential downhill

I've ordered some blue Flow EX decals which I'll post a picture of when they arrive.. The colour chart seemed to basically match the pivot caps blue