Weight at 5'8 ?

13»

Comments

• According to the chart above, I seem to be O'Grady's twin brother... which bodes well for theParis-Roubaix cyclo in june... :twisted:

Never realised Merckx was that tall... is it right??? :shock:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Mac9
    Mac9 Posts: 134
    Ricky Hatton is 5'7" and boxed at 140-147 lbs.

His body fat must have been minimal but muscle high. Obviously his training regime will be significantly different to that of a cyclist.
  • Mac9 wrote:

His body fat must have been minimal but muscle high. Obviously his training regime will be significantly different to that of a cyclist.

That may have been his weight at the weigh in but 24 hours later he would step into the ring weighing several more pounds more.

Boxers have far more muscle mass than cyclists, particularly upper body muscle. A cyclist at 5' 7" should be able to race at considerably lighter weights than boxers and be hydrated.
  • Mac9 wrote:

Ricky Hatton... a few fights too many... he decided to fight Mayweather who was in another league... he should have called it a day after that...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    According to the chart above, I seem to be O'Grady's twin brother... which bodes well for theParis-Roubaix cyclo in june... :twisted:

Read Fotheringham's book on Merckx last year. That was apparently his reaction on meeting the man at the airport. Seems he's taller than most people assume.
  • keef66 wrote:
    According to the chart above, I seem to be O'Grady's twin brother... which bodes well for theParis-Roubaix cyclo in june... :twisted:

Read Fotheringham's book on Merckx last year. That was apparently his reaction on meeting the man at the airport. Seems he's taller than most people assume.

According to Wikipedia he's 1.85... not 1.90+ as in the table... so that's 6 foot 1"... a tall guy but hardly a giant
  • RChung
    RChung Posts: 163
    keef66 wrote:

According to Wikipedia he's 1.85... not 1.90+ as in the table... so that's 6 foot 1"... a tall guy but hardly a giant

Look at the date on the chart. That's Axel Merckx, not Eddy. Axel is 1.91m.
  • I'm 5 8 and about 60 kilos. I've been building muscle over winter, but this'll probably come off as mileage increases. http://bamboocorefitness.com/wp-content ... muscle.jpg See this for muscle vs fat
  • RChung wrote:
    Look at the date on the chart. That's Axel Merckx, not Eddy. Axel is 1.91m.

Aaaah, that makes perfect sense... yes, Axel is a very tall lad
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I've found that exercise does make quite a difference.

At work, I usually always go for 2x15 minute walks at break times and an hours walk at lunctime, sometimes with a tiny bit of running thrown in.

The previous two weeks I hardly did anything for various reasons, and I put on 2.5lb. Last week I went back to a more normal schedule at work and I lost 3lb.