Carlton Kirby

1235»

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I don't think you have to have been a racing cyclist to "call" the race - the analysis is what the ex-pro is there to do. Harmon is good at rider recognition (which is not the easiest job in the world) and knows his stuff - I don't care that he has never been in the middle of a group and I hope he is back on our speakers soon. He rode MTB to a decent level, can fix bikes, had a dabble at some tandem records, rides his road bike and has a shed stuffed with bikes. That's more than enough for me...
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    9hrs of Carlton, available for pre-order http://cyclingweekly.ipcshop.co.uk/shop ... ia-dvd5782

9 Secs of Kirby is to long for me ta, shame as Dan Lloyd is good as gold.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    mroli wrote:
    I don't think you have to have been a racing cyclist to "call" the race -
    I agree and I think Maggy is hopeless, also.
    mroli wrote:
    the analysis is what the ex-pro is there to do.
    I'm happy with your analysis of my post, accompanied with your opinions, no problem but the "my assessment" could mean the same as my possible analysis. ?
    deejay wrote:
    My assessment of Harmon is not far off the mark it seems.

Keep the wheels turning if you can. :)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    The pairing of CK and Matt Stephens this week for Arctic Tour has been good. Made me laugh lots of the time.!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Was going to post this in the David Harmon thread but it's locked. Anyway, it looks like he is tweeting on twitter again. So hopefully he will return to the commentary box next year.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    That's good news...