The Eurosport cycling schedule

13»

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,818
    Eurosport not having much luck, so far this season.
    Don't expect it to improve much this weekend, either.
    Both the Strade Bianche and Roma Maxima "live" schedules are due to start
    round about when both races have just finished. (2-30pm)

Rai Sport 2 said yesterday that they were live for both from midday GMT,
    with Paris-Nice live on Sunday at 2-25pm...........
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    iainf72 wrote:
    HV/HN has never been on Eurosport, so it's not really surprising
    Sorry about this but Het Volk was shown live in the 90's with David Duffield on ES.
    1994, I remember picking up my wife and her sister from a shopping trip and being told off for my speeding to Sister in Law home. Dashing upstairs to my nephews bedroom to see the end of H. V. when the camera motor bike came crashing down in front of the leaders and Wilfried Nelissen won a bunch sprint.
    On reflection that must have been 1993 because in 94 I was in hospital after a helicopter ride had changed my life forever.
    I was out there in 95 to the finish on the outskirts of Gent around a disused (?) canal with Franco Ballerini the winner.
    I got home and my wife had recorded it for me. (under protest)
    The following year they moved the finish to Lockeren and I had troubles in the Wetteren area.
    So that period is as clear as mud.

I think at that time that ES had input from Duffield about the races to follow and then the World Cup competition started.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Rai Sport 2 said yesterday that they were live for both from midday GMT,
    IIRC last year the Eroica/Strada Bianchi coverage was available through the Gazetta dello Sport website and not geo-restricted.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,818
    Rai Sport 2 12:55 Ciclismo: Strade Bianche 15:55CET
    So, that's their new, 3 hour schedule confirmed.
    Eurosport due to start at 15-30CET, snooker permitting. :roll:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Rai Sport 2 12:55 Ciclismo: Strade Bianche 15:55CET
    So, that's their new, 3 hour schedule confirmed.
    Eurosport due to start at 15-30CET, snooker permitting. :roll:

ES has an hour delay as well but I'm happy with that. Better than no coverage
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    Races like strada are ok if they're a bit delayed. Not like you're likely to come across the result beforehand.
  • UK Eurosport have cancelled their live coverage of the World's Ports Classic on Saturday
    and have no live coverage of the GP Plouay, on Sunday.
    However, unlike the UK's "Home of Cycling", they are both live and in English on Eurosport International.
    This weekend, UK Eurosport remain the home of tennis, motorsport, snooker, as per normal.

No coverage of the world championships in Florence, either.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    UK Eurosport have cancelled their live coverage of the World's Ports Classic on Saturday
    However, unlike the UK's "Home of Cycling", they are both live and in English on Eurosport International.
    This weekend, UK Eurosport remain the home of tennis, motorsport, snooker, as per normal.

No coverage of the world championships in Florence, either.

no world championships? errrr
  • UK Eurosport have cancelled their live coverage of the World's Ports Classic on Saturday

No coverage of the world championships in Florence, either.[/quote]

What the....?

BBC it is then. Well, at least we wont be treated to the commentary of Hugh Porter
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Is it Brotherton? Good stuff. I coudl do without Hayles' drone synth delivery but if he makes some more digs at celebrities it might be amusing.
  • MrTapir wrote:
    Is it Brotherton? Good stuff. I coudl do without Hayles' drone synth delivery but if he makes some more digs at celebrities it might be amusing.

Going by recent evidence, it could be Froome and Wiggo he is calling out as being porky!
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Cycling returns this Sunday on Eurosport with LIVE cycling - the Tour of Almaty. Il Lombardia? Highlights package only at 18:45. Not being shown live due to a 'busy schedule' - cricket in India and superbikes :(
  • German and Dutch Eurosport have Lombardia live.
    French Eurosport have the final Franco-Belg stage and the Tour de Vendee live.
    (Bein Sports taking live Lombardia in France)
    All have the Binche Tournai Binche (the VDB memeorial) live the following Tuesday.

Brit Eurosport playing another blinder. :roll:
  • I'd imagine there will be longer highlights available on Sky, has been the case with most non-ASO races this year.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    I'd imagine there will be longer highlights available on Sky, has been the case with most non-ASO races this year.

Yep, Sky Sports 4HD.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • I'd imagine there will be longer highlights available on Sky, has been the case with most non-ASO races this year.

The slot on Eurosport when I last checked was 1hr 45mins.

I hope it's Rob Hatch that Eurosport have on it rather than Declan 'reading off Pro Cycling Stats in a droney voice' Quigley. Kirby will be doing the commentary for the international broadcast.