The Eurosport cycling schedule

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Scotty-Gee wrote:
    All going to plan my first child should be born on the first day of Giro and I get two weeks paternity leave.

Should have loads of time to watch it.

First of all, congratulations on your phenomenal planning and attention to detail

Secondly, re your last line...ARE YOU MAD, MAN?? :wink:

I found I watched a lot of telly in the first couple of weeks. It was largely just a lot of walking around cuddling "doing the policeman" (ie walking and bending at the knees) trying to keep the little one asleep whilst my wife slept. Its when they are bigger that you have less time.
  • I know people have said it but what really f*cks me off is when you have no choice but to record the races on Eurosport, come home, put them on, only to find the first 22 mins are still of the bast*ard tennis or snooker program finishing before the cycling was due to start.

I kid you not, last year i came home, put a race on, fast-forwarded nearly 20 minutes of 'live tennis', got past the ads, finally started watching the race and 12 mins later the " recorded program ends" sign popped up, i barely had time to sit down with a cuppa. Thats the trouble with recording things on SKY, it doesnt always have the extended ability to record and simply goes by the half-hour or hour its been programmed to, and this happens on Eurosport all the time.

If i won the lottery i would start my own TV cycling station and show everything, mens, womens, interviews and just fill the void like the Formula One channel on SKY, with old races, bike gear, more interviews, classic races, rider profiles etc. It would be epic.

Anyone want to buy me a Euro Millions lottery ticket? :)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    It's a pain, but us pro's simply make a point of always recording the next program as well!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • It's a pain, but us pro's simply make a point of always recording the next program as well!

I tried that and all i got was the last 10 minutes of the cycling ending then another hour of fecking tennis!!! :shock:
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    Yes, learnt that the hard way - as Harmon shouted 'That's B*ll*cks!'
  • I have virgin media digital recording box (same as sky), but still use the good old VHS video to record cycling on Eurosport, so I can record from any given time to any given time and extend recording by WTF I like, and don't miss the end of live events or delayed events.

Picture isn't great, but I don't care. It was good enough in the 90's!
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    I have virgin media digital recording box (same as sky), but still use the good old VHS video to record cycling on Eurosport, so I can record from any given time to any given time and extend recording by WTF I like, and don't miss the end of live events or delayed events.

Picture isn't great, but I don't care. It was good enough in the 90's!
    I'm with you Bu Bu as I can do the same.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    RAI are at least showing 1 of this weekends 2 big races Live - 2 hrs K-B-K on RAI Sport 2 on Sunday, also a repeat early Monday. Het maybe some converage in the evening as they are listing cycling at 3345 their time Saturday.
  • manual record is your friend. I never record programmes directly
  • No word on Het Volk coverage yet?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Time to practice the flemish again then.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    KBK is on Brit Eurosport 2 on Sunday

Pity it's the turd race of the weekend but hey ho
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    iainf72 wrote:

And Cavendish to win it again as he is not riding on Saturday.
    What was it, 3 years ago that Stannard came third in a Howling Gale force wind and Lashing Rain.
    Any turds were washed away that day and the marshals needed to grab something to hold onto. :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    iainf72 wrote:

It has the potential to be round one of Cav v Greipel, though, which adds some interest
    Twitter: @RichN95
    iainf72 wrote:

Plus a whopping 15 minutes of the Tour of Langkawi .
    Neither NOS nor RAI covering Het live. (at least Rai have one hour later)
    Seeing Brit Euro and Rai Sport 2s have KBK, though, makes me think there's some contractual
    spanner in works, shenanigans.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
    iainf72 wrote:

Seeing Brit Euro and Rai Sport 2s have KBK, though, makes me think there's some contractual

NOS cutting back on its cycling coverage, citing the Rabo and Armstrong 'affairs'
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boogerd ... ppearances
  • inkyfingers
    No word on Het Volk coverage yet?
    iainf72 wrote:

NOS cutting back on its cycling coverage, citing the Rabo and Armstrong 'affairs'
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boogerd ... ppearances

That's a shame, but If the sport keeps sh1tting on its own doorstep then it only has itself to blame.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • iainf72
    HV/HN has never been on Eurosport, so it's not really surprising
  • Whoever decided to show KBK and not HV/HN is a right KUNT.

It was suspect it was someone named Mark Cavendish. :wink:
    Tour of Langkawi a no show in it's first time slot.
    Quelle surprise. Eurosport n'est pas changé.

Tour of Langkawi a no show in it's first time slot.Quelle surprise. Eurosport n'est pas changé.

Tennis, Snooker or Tractor Pulling?
  • iainf72
    Whoever decided to show KBK and not HV/HN is a right KUNT.

So the race organisers then?

It's never been on ES before, why get outraged about it now?
  • inkyfingers
    iainf72 wrote:

Because it's a good race, and because in an interview earlier in the year Harmon mentioned them showing more semi-classics, which got my hopes up!
  • iainf72 wrote:

I'm not really outraged Iain, With all these K's V's and H's flying around I just wanted an excuse to use the word KUNT. :wink:

And what INKY said. I blame David Harmon.

Tour of Langkawi a no show in it's first time slot.Quelle surprise. Eurosport n'est pas changé.

Close........................arm wrestling. :shock:

Close........................arm wrestling. :shock:

jeeeeezz Thats bad. Wonder how much the television rights for that cost?
  • Told all that schedule was worthless.

Right, it's becoming obvious what Harmon was suggesting at the end of last season: a bunch of Northern semi classics being added to their roster.
    Wednesday 2-30pm live, we have Le Samyn scheduled.
    Have seen the last few editions via the net and it's a nice little early season, mid week stocking filler.

Oh and I almost forgot.
    Not only is Strade Bianche live on Saturday, but the Giro del Lazio remake, Roma Maxima, is live on Sunday, too.
    Both 2-30pm kick offs, as well.

Right, it's becoming obvious what Harmon was suggesting at the end of last season: a bunch of Northern semi classics being added to their roster.
    Have seen the last few editions via the net and it's a nice little early season, mid week stocking filler.

Oh and I almost forgot.
    Not only is Strade Bianche live on Saturday, but the Giro del Lazio remake, Roma Maxima, is live on Sunday, too.

Busy day Sun. Also P-N Prologue and last day of 3 Days of West Flanders

Oh and I almost forgot.

Looking forward to Strade Bianche - one of the best one day races out there I reckon. Amazing to think it's only six years old.
  • Imagine if it rains!