Duathlon 30km Cycle

ashjwyates
ashjwyates Posts: 3
Hi,

Decent time is roughly 45mins from last years results ave. 34kmh. Any advice on how to train (i have 8 weeks) for the cycling stage as time trialling on roads is pretty tough with the hills and traffic, roundabouts etc.

ideally i need a flat quite area where i can just churn out miles. What other options are there?

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    ashjwyates wrote:
    Hi,

Decent time is roughly 45mins from last years results ave. 34kmh. Any advice on how to train (i have 8 weeks) for the cycling stage as time trialling on roads is pretty tough with the hills and traffic, roundabouts etc.

ideally i need a flat quite area where i can just churn out miles. What other options are there?

Your looking to train, not replicate the race, so just man up - hills traffic etc. obviously aim to head towards the quieter (and flatter if you wish) roads. Find a circuit that works for you and repeat it. i,.e ride say 5 kn to some better roads, find a 5-10k circuit on suitable roads - ride a few circuits, time your splits, and go home.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • kind of obvious really lol to get a good time i need to be hitting 34kmh.

i've been doing quite a lot of spinning lately, but nothing beats the roads i suppose.

any advice on what i could do on a spin bike to train. Can only get out on weekends