Posted on his FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Don't rub it in Frenchie! :wink:

I've not been able to stop crying all afternoon. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

RR and I are starting a support group. First meeting tonight, somewhere with a lot of wine! :D

But look at Cav holding that parasol, bless.

Sob, sob, sob, sob.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    So that's not you then AtC?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    edited July 2013
    Aw, so young.......so much in love.

But really, trust me, one day you're going to look at your wedding photos and your grandchildren are going to ask you if you slept in for your wedding 'cos you didn't have time to shave.

Mr Darcy is ravishing as always.
  • above_the_cows

Well I was going to make a joke about them catching my best side but, well, I thought of that after my original post :oops:
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Tusher wrote:

But really, trust me, one day you're going to look at your wedding photos and you're grandchildren are going to ask you if you slept in for your wedding 'cos you didn't have time to shave.

Him and Cav obviously had too much fun at the stag-do.. hence the sunglasses :lol: (or his Oakley sponsorship contract requires him to wear them in all photographs?!!)
    Don't rub it in Frenchie! :wink:

I've not been able to stop crying all afternoon. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

RR and I are starting a support group. First meeting tonight, somewhere with a lot of wine! :D

But look at Cav holding that parasol, bless.

Sob, sob, sob, sob.

Is that Bernie's brother on the other side? there might still be hope for you! :wink:
  • above_the_cows
    Is that Bernie's brother on the other side? there might still be hope for you! :wink:

I already have one, a husband that is, he's more Titchy Richie than Beautiful Bernie.

As to whether its Bernie's brother I'm not sure, I remember seeing some photos of him before and I don't remember him looking like that. Oh god I'm taking this seriously, I need to watch today's Tour of the Polish Dolomites stage highlights...
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    Tusher wrote:
    But really, trust me, one day you're going to look at your wedding photos and you're grandchildren are going to ask you if you slept in for your wedding 'cos you didn't have time to shave.

Some of us look 16 without a bit of stubble so I will be telling my Grandchildren that as my excuse when they ask ;)
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Please note I am in mourning

Richie, it's all down to you now

:cry:
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    She'd do in an emergency, for sure.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712

No that'll be Tanja Pasterk you Schwalbe :roll: :roll: .
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Tusher wrote:

Yeah these men that go around half shaved are really not to be respected.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    RideOnTime wrote:

No that'll be Tanja Pasterk you Schwalbe :roll: :roll: .

My name isn't Above The Cows on my passport...
  • RideOnTime
    Just checked the interweb thing to see if she is known to the wider web-world. Don't think so particularly although there is a picture of her at some beer festival in Munich.

Anyway I think its good to link-up with some chick who's name is synonymous with a high-carb foodstuff. Just so you don't forget it.

I could easily add some smutty inneundo here and I'm desperately restraining myself - but I won't as I realise we're here in Pro-race. :)
  • Richmond Racer
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Just checked the interweb thing to see if she is known to the wider web-world. Don't think so particularly although there is a picture of her at some beer festival in Munich.

Anyway I think its good to link-up with some chick who's name is synonymous with a high-carb foodstuff. Just so you don't forget it.

I could easily add some smutty inneundo here and I'm desperately restraining myself - but I won't as I realise we're here in Pro-race. :)

Your self-restraint does you credit, ROT
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,627
    Well you girlies all seem to like Bernie so I'd be happy to do you a favour and take the new Mrs Eisel out of the equation for you, she's a real cracker. Have to admit I thought Bernie getting married would require the new relaxed laws in France on who can and can't marry!
  • Richmond Racer
    Pross wrote:
    Well you girlies all seem to like Bernie so I'd be happy to do you a favour and take the new Mrs Eisel out of the equation for you, she's a real cracker. Have to admit I thought Bernie getting married would require the new relaxed laws in France on who can and can't marry!

WHOA! STEADY THERE, PROSS!

Bernie might favour the latest in skin and hair products but there's no question of which side he bats for

Ooops, that just brought out my protective side :oops:
  • RideOnTime
    Pross wrote:

Bernie might favour the latest in skin and hair products but there's no question of which side he bats for

Yes but is it rounders or cricket.
    I hope your not suggesting this is a kinda David Willaims, Wiil-I-Ams whatever, Dale Winton type marriage.
    It is a bit pansy (I'm so old fashioned) with them brollies.
  • Richmond Racer
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Yes but is it rounders or cricket.
    I hope your not suggesting this is a kinda David Willaims, Wiil-I-Ams whatever, Dale Winton type marriage.
    It is a bit pansy (I'm so old fashioned) with them brollies.

He he. Anecdotally I do have friends who know David Walliams' mother and sister pretty well. I think they've found themselves in quite the parallel universe....
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    I was bowled over when Bertie got married to an actual woman...apparently

No Kids yet though right? hmmmm.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • binkybike
    binkybike Posts: 104
    Tusher wrote:

Yeah these men that go around half shaved are really not to be respected.

I am under strict instructions NOT to shave for my wedding, apparently I won't look like me if I do and it is me she wants to marry, something I still can't quite believe...
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:

Bah...you're all jealous of Bernie's devastatingly good looks...
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:

Bernie or Bertie? If the latter, is Frenchie aware of the rumours?

Seriously for a second though, why the assumption that Eisel is gay? Because he's a bit metrosexual? Ummm cycling is all together high camp people. Shaved legs, Lycra, all the rub downs, room-sharing etc etc.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    Bertie, Never got a feeling about Bernie...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    It's all a bit quiet post Tour isn't it? Rest day today in the Tour of the Polish Dolomites to boot as well. Here I am waiting for the Eneco Tour to start...

Any other random discussions we can have?
  • Richmond Racer
    It's all a bit quiet post Tour isn't it? Rest day today in the Tour of the Polish Dolomites to boot as well. Here I am waiting for the Eneco Tour to start...

Any other random discussions we can have?

Almost certainly the first time this phrase has ever been uttered by a cycling fan

Other topics....? How about:

1) the terribly sad impending disappearance of the Carrots from the ProTour (or indeed any other Tour, at this rate)

2) the explosion of positive tests hitting Russian athletes including cyclists - and including Katusha's little brother/sister team, RusVelo
  • nolance
    nolance Posts: 79
    Any truth that on the honeymoon first night Bernie did all the foreplay then Cav took over and finished her off?
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    nolance wrote:
    Any truth that on the honeymoon first night Bernie did all the foreplay then Cav took over and finished her off?
    :lol:
  • Tusher
    Bernie gay?

I can honestly say that had never occurred to me.

At all .

Apparently, there is one elite cyclist who is gay, but since undeniable evidence surfaced that Tony Martin had a steady girlfriend, I have no idea who it may be. All I have to work on is that he will be be young, stunningly handsome, polite, considerate, neat, tidy, clean, gifted and wealthy.

Men who meet all those requirements are always gay.

(note:- of course, there are more elite cyclists who are gay, 10% are likely to be, and I just wish they could follow the example of the women and announce that they were to the world. Just think of the power of the pink pound/dollar/euro. Oh, wait, deja vue- we've had this thread before. I think it was Iain who said he knew of one openly gay cyclist, but being a man of solid values, he wouldn't post it on line. So I was left to guess. Wrongly as it turned out. )
  • Tusher
    (thinks)

Does EBH have a girlfriend?
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Tusher wrote:
    Bernie gay?

I can honestly say that had never occurred to me.

At all .

Apparently, there is one elite cyclist who is gay, but since undeniable evidence surfaced that Tony Martin had a steady girlfriend, I have no idea who it may be. All I have to work on is that he will be be young, stunningly handsome, polite, considerate, neat, tidy, clean, gifted and wealthy.

Men who meet all those requirements are always gay.

(note:- of course, there are more elite cyclists who are gay, 10% are likely to be, and I just wish they could follow the example of the women and announce that they were to the world. Just think of the power of the pink pound/dollar/euro. Oh, wait, deja vue- we've had this thread before. I think it was Iain who said he knew of one openly gay cyclist, but being a man of solid values, he wouldn't post it on line. So I was left to guess. Wrongly as it turned out. )

Isn't there a contradiction there? If someone is openly gay then it isn't a secret is it?

EBH is off the hook on the gifted issue.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition