Eisel marries

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,169
    Tusher wrote:
    (thinks)

Does EBH have a girlfriend?

Would be my bet now it seems Eisel may not be (although Bernie could just be acting out of revenge to Cav for starting a family :lol: ). EBH is such a nice boy, it's really just nice isn't it?
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Almost certainly the first time this phrase has ever been uttered by a cycling fan.

I just like all the road furniture in the Eneco Tour what can I say. :D

As for The Carrots, that would be a shame, I have a soft spot for orange and who else can be relied upon to cause mass carnage in the opening days of a grand tour or to field a team of spindly climbers for the cobbled grudge matches.

Doping in Russian sport? For that discussion I'll need more than an iPad and a dodgy airport Internet connection.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:
    Tusher wrote:
    (thinks)

Would be my bet now it seems Eisel may not be (although Bernie could just be acting out of revenge to Cav for starting a family :lol: ). EBH is such a nice boy, it's really just nice isn't it?

I'm going to be really controversial and say Boonen. I know he has a girlfriend but he just, I don't know has a thing...

It will be someone entirely unexpected that isn't in the slightest bit camp or metrosexual or 'gay' or whatever other stereotype you can wrongly ascribe.
  • Pross
    ddraver wrote:
    I was bowled over when Bertie got married to an actual woman...apparently

No Kids yet though right? hmmmm.....

Bernie or Bertie? If the latter, is Frenchie aware of the rumours?

Seriously for a second though, why the assumption that Eisel is gay? Because he's a bit metrosexual? Ummm cycling is all together high camp people. Shaved legs, Lycra, all the rub downs, room-sharing etc etc.

Cycling camp? There's nothing remotely camp about anyone in that wedding photo, grown men holding parasols is butch and manly.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    Tusher wrote:
    (thinks)

I'm going to be really controversial and say Boonen. I know he has a girlfriend but he just, I don't know has a thing...

It will be someone entirely unexpected that isn't in the slightest bit camp or metrosexual or 'gay' or whatever other stereotype you can wrongly ascribe.

Well I know someone on this forum who would be getting his hopes up if Boonen was gay! Maybe it's Greipel using your reverse logic or The Badger :shock:
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Seriously for a second though, why the assumption that Eisel is gay? Because he's a bit metrosexual? Ummm cycling is all together high camp people. Shaved legs, Lycra, all the rub downs, room-sharing etc etc.

Cycling camp? There's nothing remotely camp about anyone in that wedding photo, grown men holding parasols is butch and manly.

:D
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Pross wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

There's more camp there than the inside of a Vango factory.
    Doesn't quite work that...
    Hmmm than a national VW festival...
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    On the who’s gay line …

There was an interview with the Schlecks on Dutch TV a couple of years ago, during which the female interviewer (supposedly a Japanese lady) was questioning them in broken English. At one point she requested Andy to stand up and walk around a little, which he did. She watched and then out of the blue said to him “Are you sure that you’re not gay?”, which of course totally perplexed him.

It was actually a ‘candid camera’ interview and the interviewer woman was Dutch but made to look Japanese. Of course at the time the Schlecks didn’t know this and believed it a serious interview.

She also spoke to Frank about him going off the road on a curve in the 2008 Tour of Switzerland. When he said he “flipped over the barrier” she asked him whether he ‘flipped’ because was taking drugs, adding that he should eat rice instead.
    Ironically, nine months later, during the 2012 TdF, he was tested positive for taking a diuretic drug. Maybe he should have taken her advice; rice has a diuretic effect.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    your the brother?

:D
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Oh yes, i remember that interview- hilarious.

Very sad to see The Carrots vanish. I loved watching their heroic efforts on the cobbles. I imagined that they decided who went to Belgium by holding some bizarre traditional Basque drinking competition and the losers were handed a race number.

Never thought about Boonen, to be honest, but I doubt it. An Italian perhaps?
  • above_the_cows
    Tusher wrote:
    Oh yes, i remember that interview- hilarious.

Very sad to see The Carrots vanish. I loved watching their heroic efforts on the cobbles. I imagined that they decided who went to Belgium by holding some bizarre traditional Basque drinking competition and the losers were handed a race number.

I like the idea of a drinking game to decide the Carrot cobbled classics squad. Hopefully it involved that Basque concoction of coke and red wine.

As for an Italian... Pippo?
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Naw- I think he's just an extreme example of a metrosexual.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Tusher wrote:
    As for an Italian... Pippo?
    I don’t particularly follow Boonen’s personal life, however I noticed 7-8 years ago he had (to my mind) an attractive girlfriend called Lore - short-haired brunette, seemingly strong personality. But he must have separated from her for a while, because celebrity-gossip pages then showed him with a 16-year old blonde girlfriend. But I think he’s now back with Lore.

To guess an Italian is too simple because many north-Europeans think all Italian men have a gay quality in their manner and dress, although it’s really just the Italian-male way of how to dress/behave – probably more mentally balanced than the more rigid gender distinctions followed in some other lands.
    Thus why I’d also rule out ATC’s suggestion of Pippo Pozzato – in fact I’d guess he was probably the total opposite.

If you want to dwell more on this topic, in the past I remember reading on another cycling forum the names Sevilla, Rasmussen, Sinkewitz, Rebellin, and Linus G. as potential gays, and that Riis is ‘bi’.
    But I don’t believe any. I think Sevilla, Sinkewitz, and Linus G. were just suggested because they don’t have rugged masculine looks.

To make clear where my leanings lie, if in your research you discover Emma Johannsson or Evelyn Stevens are free for an afternoon ride or an evening date, let me know.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Some very suspect suits going on.

Eisel's sleeves look a little odd too.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    He's done great.

She's not Patricia Gilbert level, though. But again - who is?
  • ThomThom wrote:
    He's done great.

The lovely Patricia's gone a bit...um...euro trash though....

*runs and hides from impending wrath*
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    edited August 2013
    Bit surprised about the confusion with regards Bernie's ahem preferences.

The way I heared it, at last years Tour of Britian during SKY's night in the pub thing Bernie pretty much pulled every female in a 3Km radius. The Swannies had to fight them off with $hitty sticks and Eisel had to be forcebly removed before all the country boys kicked off about him chatting up their girlfriends and turning the Deathstar into a modern day Led Zeppelin tour bus with Bernie playing the Robert Plant role :lol:

Edited for Photographic evidence

Bernie looking pleased as punch having secured the hottest girl in the Strickland Arms, Cav playing the loyal 'wingman' buy chatting up the pettite (even smaller than him) blonde friend and Brad looking like he has just realised the Hotpot tasted funny and he is about to spend all night on a different kind of throne
    Note: the only non-team MALE in the photo is the landlord.
    PubStaff_2827383.jpg

Off Topic - Further evidence that Brad was worried about the Hotpot; everyone else smiling for the camera, Brad suspiciously eyeing up his meal.
    TeamTable_2827396.jpg

NB. There is no evidence to suggest the meal at the Strickland Arms was to blame for Brads subsequent "digestive issues" nor does the above post imply that the food hygiene standards at the aforementioned establishment are anything but exemplary (however there is [cough] evidence [cough] that the meal was prepared by the brunettes boyfriend and placed in error one tablemat down from where it was intetended :shock: )
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • thomthom
    ThomThom wrote:
    He's done great.

The lovely Patricia's gone a bit...um...euro trash though....

*runs and hides from impending wrath*

2aiohon.png
  • ddraver
    Patricia Gilbert...really?

Nahhh, i stand by my statement (not hitherto expressed here) that there are no hot Belgian girls...
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    Has anyone seen Mrs Gilbert and Marcel Kittel in the same room? I'm only asking because, well they have remarkably similar hair cuts.

Anyway how is this thread 3 pages long? 3 pages!

Additionally I would like to state for the record before any revelations some 15 years from now, that I am not one of the women in that photo above. I have never heard of or been to the Strickland Arms.
    ddraver wrote:
    Nahhh, i stand by my statement (not hitherto expressed here) that there are no hot Belgian girls...

There are a few hot Belgian men, I went out with one once, I like to think he looked a bit like Johnny Depp, the swine left me for some tall Italian, but I digress. Anyway as for Belgians more generally, I will just say 'stone washed denim' and 'brown shoes'. Belgian fashion sense is about as good as Belgian driving.

When is the Eneco Tour going to start? I can't get into the Tour if Polish Dolomites what with all the funny time bonuses and stage times.
  • Has anyone seen Mrs Gilbert and Marcel Kittel in the same room? I'm only asking because, well they have remarkably similar hair cuts.

Anyway how is this thread 3 pages long? 3 pages!

Additionally I would like to state for the record before any revelations some 15 years from now, that I am not one of the women in that photo above. I have never heard of or been to the Strickland Arms.
    ddraver wrote:

There are a few hot Belgian men, I went out with one once, I like to think he looked a bit like Johnny Depp, the swine left me for some tall Italian, but I digress. Anyway as for Belgians more generally, I will just say 'stone washed denim' and 'brown shoes'. Belgian fashion sense is about as good as Belgian driving.

When is the Eneco Tour going to start? I can't get into the Tour if Polish Dolomites what with all the funny time bonuses and stage times.

Have to break the news to you that Eneco is the other race being used in this bizarre little 'funky-awarding-of-points-to-increase-tv-appeal' (sic) experiment of the UCI's

:roll:
  • above_the_cows
    Have to break the news to you that Eneco is the other race being used in this bizarre little 'funky-awarding-of-points-to-increase-tv-appeal' (sic) experiment of the UCI's

:roll:

NOOOOOOO! :shock:

I'll have to make do with the road furniture.
  • thomthom
    Patricia Gilbert is perfect and that's pretty much a fact.
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    Liege is packed with stunning women!
  • ddraver
    On_What wrote:
    Liege is packed with stunning women!

If you were there for LBL.....are you sure they weren't all Dutch or French? :wink:
    - @ddraver
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Coach H wrote:
    Bit surprised about the confusion with regards Bernie's ahem preferences.

The way I heared it, at last years Tour of Britian during SKY's night in the pub thing Bernie pretty much pulled every female in a 3Km radius. The Swannies had to fight them off with $hitty sticks and Eisel had to be forcebly removed before all the country boys kicked off about him chatting up their girlfriends and turning the Deathstar into a modern day Led Zeppelin tour bus with Bernie playing the Robert Plant role :lol:

Edited for Photographic evidence

Bernie looking pleased as punch having secured the hottest girl in the Strickland Arms, Cav playing the loyal 'wingman' buy chatting up the pettite (even smaller than him) blonde friend and Brad looking like he has just realised the Hotpot tasted funny and he is about to spend all night on a different kind of throne
    Note: the only non-team MALE in the photo is the landlord.

Excellent tale, Coach. Or should that be Wiggileaks?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    3 pages for this? Ha!

Things must be VERY slow outside of races! :)

Perhaps we need a Pro Cycling Wives and Girlfriends thread?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875