The cyclists nod...

2»

Comments

• There are so few cyclists on my commute that we stop and hug each other.

There are often tears.

is that tears that rhyme with bears or tears that rhyme with beers...?

beers.

It's an emotional moment.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Here's something to send you all giddy, DDD; I've actually spoken to msmancunia in meatspace! Just before she disappeared for her swanky new gig. I don't think it was anything I said. ;)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Agent57 wrote:
    Here's something to send you all giddy, DDD; I've actually spoken to msmancunia in meatspace! Just before she disappeared for her swanky new gig. I don't think it was anything I said. ;)
    First time I've heard this term and for some reason I thought it was an S&M club until I looked it up!

DDD, looking at a picture of msmancunia as I type! Yup, very pretty lady she is too. There's even a contact number for her (though I suspect it's a work no.)

The Google-fu is strong in this one! 8)
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I tend to acknowledge the regulars and do the not-actually-out-of-breathe cheery hello as I pass someone. Occasionally it turns into a brief chat. But if they blind me with stupid lights that can be seen from spaceI yell at them.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    yes but not to MTBers or Hybriders.

What he said ^ at not bloody fakengers bloody splitters
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • pete_s
    pete_s Posts: 213
    I say morning to people I pass if it's not busy. As for a cyclists' nod it's not something I do or had done to me. Most people I encounter on a bike probably couldn't give a left testicle about bikes and are just on them as a means to get to work.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    kelsen wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    First time I've heard this term and for some reason I thought it was an S&M club until I looked it up!

:shock:

What kind of a girl do you think I am! :D
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I guess the road bike riders who blank me are from the not MTB or Hybrid club.......

Can't see the point in adding weight to my bike by having bendy bars!

I aknowledge all....like KB, seeing fellow riders is rare so it tends to be an emotional event....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited February 2013
    kelsen wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:

DDD, looking at a picture of msmancunia as I type! Yup, very pretty lady she is too. There's even a contact number for her (though I suspect it's a work no.)

The Google-fu is strong in this one! 8)
    well I'm not gonna go to the lengths of hunting for a photo of her or seeking out her mobile number... I just wanted to know why she gets so much nods and see if this is something we could replicate for safety purposes...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    There are so few cyclists on my commute that we stop and hug each other.

There are often tears.

beers.

*phhhhhft!* are you sure there aren't any tears? :D:D Of course, you could always use copper grease in an emergency..
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,679
    On my commute, I see some cyclists who nod with every pedal stroke.
  • There are so few cyclists on my commute that we stop and hug each other.

There are often tears.

beers.

Parts of my commute are so lonely I once said good morning to a passing dog walker. it was only the once though and I've never seen him again.
    Coffee is not my cup of tea

Moda Fresco track racer
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 winter commuter
    Gunnar Hyper X
    Rocky Mountain ETSX
    Cannondale Scalpel 3000 (retro-bike in bits)
    Lemond Poprad Disc, now retired pending frame re-paint.