Ms. Pendleton being a bit of a Diva.

124»

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    The Victor-toria done well. the keirin was sublime, probably the most commanding win of her career IMO.

shame about the individual sprint. that first relegation crushed her, there was no coming back from that.

A great career, what's next I wonder. I would celebrate with her by sharing a bottle of Lambrini and a packet of monster munch with her.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,687
    So Queen Vic is confirmed on Strictly - expect tears and tantrums when Craig rips the s*it out her ability. I hope they have that BC sports psychologist bloke on speed dial!!
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    So Queen Vic is confirmed on Strictly - expect tears and tantrums when Craig rips the s*it out her ability. I hope they have that BC sports psychologist bloke on speed dial!!

what he said :D , the others won't like it if she starts knocking off her dance partner!
  • Story about her being annoyed that BC sold off her bike. She is not coming across well at the moment.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Story about her being annoyed that BC sold off her bike. She is not coming across well at the moment.
    I'd be annoyed as well. She said she was prepared to pay for it.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,550
    Daz555 wrote:
    Story about her being annoyed that BC sold off her bike. She is not coming across well at the moment.

+1
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Daz555 wrote:

Not just prepared to pay for it; it was only her training bike that she wanted, she'd agreed with BC that she would buy it off them, she turned up to pick it up and they'd sold it.

I'd be pretty p*ssed off to be honest !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59 wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:

Not just prepared to pay for it; it was only her training bike that she wanted, she'd agreed with BC that she would buy it off them, she turned up to pick it up and they'd sold it.

Well hopefully any "profit" BC make as a result of the provenance of the bike will go to charidee. Poor show if it doesn't.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    A possible flip side to the ultra professionalism of BC? You've retired so no longer matter to us? Does seem unnecessarily harsh - its not like VP hasnt given them a decent return in terms of success.
    Yeah i'm biased- why not ? shes the queen of the track 8)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,799
    BC don't seem to like her at all, but knew she was a world class talent.
  • BC don't come across to well from all of this.. Yes she 'broke the rules' by having a relationship with a coach but as she has said, surely that's to stop vulnerable teenagers from a predatory older male. This was a relationship of equals. Then they way some of them have thrown hissy fits comes across as more unprofessional than the relationship they were unhappy about.

And to sell the bike she had agreed to pay for seems just plain spiteful and vindictive.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,396
    MattC59 wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:

Well hopefully any "profit" BC make as a result of the provenance of the bike will go to charidee. Poor show if it doesn't.

BC is a charity isnt it? ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver