Ms. Pendleton being a bit of a Diva.

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    Yossie wrote:
    As an aside, can anyone explain why I have started talking like someone from Yorkshire tonight? Ok, its better than that woman on breakfast telly who started talking like someone from China for no reason, but being that I am a Southerner it feels realy, well, weird, and I'm not sure I like it.

At least you didn't start talking like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90&feature=player_detailpage
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Yossie wrote:
    Oh yes - prawn cocktail to start then the classic steak au poivre and chips for main. Done properly, its still a killer menu today (in fact it was the menu that won the delicious Victoria's heart).

Washed down with some Blue Nun or Black Tower. Now you're talking my son. Food of champions.

Bloody Heathen. White wine with Steak??!!

Reka Valley Bulgarian Merlot - now that's champion, and 13% by volume to boot.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    izza wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    Oh yes - prawn cocktail to start then the classic steak au poivre and chips for main. Done properly, its still a killer menu today (in fact it was the menu that won the delicious Victoria's heart).

Washed down with some Blue Nun or Black Tower. Now you're talking my son. Food of champions.

Nay heathen my son - mine is a catering family (father is had a Michelin star, they had hotels and restaurants for decades: essentially, drink what you want with what you want: its the same as cycle tops: you pay your money, you fill your boots. In the trade its always been seen as a bit, well, twatty to segregate wine colours with food). Blue Nun is quintessentially '70s, so fits with the advocado menu.

A nice Barolo would be good with steak.

Reka Valley - now that's New World shyt that I wouldn't give to a tramp. Sorry. Volume counts for nowt as well. Sorry.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Yossie wrote:
    izza wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

Nay heathen my son - mine is a catering family (father is had a Michelin star, they had hotels and restaurants for decades: essentially, drink what you want with what you want: its the same as cycle tops: you pay your money, you fill your boots. In the trade its always been seen as a bit, well, twatty to segregate wine colours with food). Blue Nun is quintessentially '70s, so fits with the advocado menu.

A nice Barloworld would be good with Bertie's steak.

Reka Valley - now that's New World shyt that I wouldn't give to a tramp. Sorry. Volume counts for nowt as well. Sorry.

FTFY

Riesling as strong and stinky as piss to do away with the conversion process
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    WOOAH, ther you jessies.

Prawn cocktail has to be served in a half avocado in a frosted half avacado dish and a spork.

Steak Diane to be served with crinkle cut chips, grilled tomato and a flat mushroom and birds eye peas. on a big oval plate with a nice brown tile pattern round the edges.

Mateus Rose, served in a wicker bottle holder or if taking no prisoners, a bottle of Le Piat D'or, decanted into a spanish pointy pourer thing with a small matador figure on the top.

Followed by farm foods black forest gateaux, aerosol whippy cream or instead (for younger diners) some Angel delight, butterscotch or strawberry.

Jacobs cream crackers and dairylea or red leicster to follow.

Or a stone bitchin' cheese fondue party.

OOhhh, call me butter, cos I'm on a roll...... :lol:
  • Yellow Peril
    I'm just going to lob a melon boat and a Paul Masson Californian carafe into the room and walk away...
    @JaunePeril

• Anonymous
    I'm just going to lob a melon boat and a Paul Masson Californian carafe into the room and walk away...

I can counter that with a box of orange Matchstick chocolates and some minced beef Findus crispy pancakes, smash and frozen mixed veg..........crinkle cut. 8)
  • Yellow Peril
    Damn! all I have left is a rum ba-ba, profiteroles and an Irish F*cking coffee
    @JaunePeril

• TommyB61
    TommyB61 Posts: 103
    Amateur hour menus thus far, gentlemen.

I proffer for fine company such as Victoria's a Vesta Chow Mein, followed by a half share of a tin of Bartlett pear halves topped off with the lady's choice of either evaporated milk or Bird's Instant Whip.

She gets first pick at the Terry's All Gold afterwards for a proper end to the meal.

+1 for the Paul Masson, though - a quality drop of vino, that.
  • Yellow Peril
    TommyB61 wrote:
    Amateur hour menus thus far, gentlemen.

I proffer for fine company such as Victoria's a Vesta Chow Mein, followed by a half share of a tin of Bartlett pear halves topped off with the lady's choice of either evaporated milk or Bird's Instant Whip.

She gets first pick at the Terry's All Gold afterwards for a proper end to the meal.

+1 for the Paul Masson, though - a quality drop of vino, that.

Holy Big Dog's c0ck! why didn't I think of that! I'm spent, all that is left in the freezer is a Findus boil in the bag cod in butter sauce with one of their raspberry Knight's of the Round Table mousse. But hang on what's this...oh yes a box of Black Magic!
    @JaunePeril

• nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Blue Nun or Black Tower anyone?
    Pass the cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks round.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yossie
    I'm gonna dress all in black, abseil through your windows and leave a box of Milk Tray on your burd's pillow.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yossie wrote:
    I'm gonna dress all in black, abseil through your windows and leave a box of Milk Tray on your burd's pillow.

As long as you don't try and stick anything in her Dairy Box!
    @JaunePeril

• Anonymous
    Right.
    Aperatif of cinzano Bianco.

Starter of Princes potted shrimp paste on round danish crisp breads or crackerwheat (no crumbs !)

Home made chicken kiev wrapped in bright orange breadcrumbs, green beans and potato croquettes.

Crepe suzettes with cherry sauce and brandy snaps.

Washed down with Lambrusco
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I'm a bit dissapointed gents - no mention of Primula or Lambrini on your menus. You lot have no class.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Yossie
    Lambrini with a chicken and mushroom Pot Noodle. Guaranteed to get any burd's knickers off.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    soup in a basket?
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Yossie wrote:
    Lambrini with a chicken and mushroom Pot Noodle. Guaranteed to get any burd's knickers off.

Yoss, you free a week on Saturday? You had me at Pot Noodle :wink:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Yossie
    jordan_217 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

Yoss, you free a week on Saturday? You had me at Pot Noodle :wink:

Depends if you have boobs or moobs really ......
  • nevman
    Mate,your burds eating humble pie this morning.

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yossie
    Yeah, I can see where you are coming from: multiple World Champion and Olympic medal winner messes up once - duly pointed out by bloke in armchair on the internet.

She was saying that she valued your opinion so highly and felt that she had let you down, but I told her not to worry about it and to put a brave face on it: hopefully she will will win back your faith and backing one day.

Thanks for the support anyway.
  • nevman
    Still believing.Bring it on.

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yossie
    She's fine - we spoke earlier today and her exact words were "I gonna fekkin' crush the fekkers I am".

Quite why she was talking like she was from Limerick or somewhere I'm not sure, but I understoood the sentiment.
  • nevman
    No Blarney there then.Top of the world to yers. :D:D:D

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yossie
    Thankyou, thankyou. It was all down to me. Needless to say she was quite happy tonight.

The only problem is that she goes into a world of verbal diarrhoea whenshe wins stuff like this: bizarrely enough, you chick a packet of pork scratchings at ther at she shuts up quite quickly. Munch munch munch.
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    That Chinese woman came up quicker than you could say fried rice with chips and marmite when Queen Victoria was crossing the line, if it was another meter to the finish I can safely saw Queen Victoria would be prawn crackered.

Will Queen Elizabeth be track sprinting in the next Olympics?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Yossie wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Yossie won't be happy if he hears you dissing the lovely Vicky !

Matt - you are completely correct.

Unknown dude - you diss the delicious Victoria once more and I'm coming round to blow your house up. Then I'll post pics of your mum's norks on here. Yeah, mo'fo.

As above, she's playing the game - she gets paid bugger all at the mo', so cash in while you can.

'blow-up' :oops:
  • RideOnTime
    She's a bit of a muff-diva :D

We're on about Victoria P, not Clare Balding. :lol:

:lol::lol:
  • RideOnTime
    Yossie wrote:
    Yes, realy enjoyed the programe - she lives a couple of miles away from us :D

I live a couple of miles away from the Queen and probably loads of famous people that I don't know about - does this mean that I can have emoticons as well? :D:):(:o :shock: :?

I saw the Queen once and the other day I saw Brad Wiggins. I live less than 100 miles from Mark Cavendish. :D:D:D . Eat my shorts...
  • Yossie
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    Yes, realy enjoyed the programe - she lives a couple of miles away from us :D

I live a couple of miles away from the Queen and probably loads of famous people that I don't know about - does this mean that I can have emoticons as well? :D:):(:o :shock: :?

I saw the Queen once and the other day I saw Brad Wiggins. I live less than 100 miles from Mark Cavendish. :D:D:D . Eat my shorts...

Don't loads of people live less than 100 miles from Cavendouche? Probably about 10,000 I would say offhand ..... Not really a geat claim to fame that really is it now? Eat my sweaty horrible note washed for two weeks living in a field socks that contain most of my big toe nail. :D:):(:o :shock: :? :cry: :oops: :P :x :lol: 8) :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :mrgreen::| :arrow: :idea: