back to base

dan man
dan man Posts: 68
have been off the bike for 8 weeks :x how long should i go back to base training for befor i start doing any thing hard :?:

Comments

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    3 weeks
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    0 weeks imo. I have been off serious training for 2.5 years and just restarted.

I didn't really fancy doing boring rides again so I thought I'd give the theory of high intensity interval training a go. I jumped straight into dong 3x30s at absolute max intensity on a Wattbike when the weather was bad (which it was mostly..). As I got fitter I added a 10TT under/over threshold ride to the back of these.

On the rare occasions when the sun shone I've done some 2 hour hard rides including max efforts on sprints/climbs and 60min TTs.

Results to date have been good. I have set some all time power PBs 15-30s which was a real surprise as the 3 years worth of comparison data includes 100s of hours including a season of racing. And my 10TT power is increasing very rapidly, going from 25 min to around 23:30 equivalent in a couple of tries.

So I'd suggest just getting straight on and doing hard stuff now.
    Martin S. Newbury RC