commencal v mongoose

widge34
widge34 Posts: 900
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Not sure if I will get an answer to this question, but would a Commencal meta 55 be a better ride than a mongoose Teocali elite, bearing in mind that all components from mongoose would go on Meta frame.
----
Widge.

Bird Zero 2
Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Hard to say without you specifically test riding it. As you know geometry is personal. The suspension systems are different, you will notice more pedal kickback on the Meta.

I wouldn't bother. Some of the parts wouldn't fit, the 55 is not the lightest frame anyway, and if you changed you'd be asking again in 3 months ;-) Enjoy what you have, is a very good ride.
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    Probably right. As the Mongoose is my first full suss I often wonder if there is better out there around it's price range. Or maybe buying a second hand frame more up the price bracket.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    widge34 wrote:
    Probably right. As the Mongoose is my first full suss I often wonder if there is better out there around it's price range. Or maybe buying a second hand frame more up the price bracket.

This is the thing with us mtbers, we are always looking at the next thing (or I am) it's always what if I just change that, or just get that frame.

Thrash your current bike and replace when its knacked, by that time you should in theroy be a more capable rider and you will have much more of an idea on what you want.

Oh and I am looking at getting a new frame........
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2