Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB buying advice

commencal v mongoose

widge34widge34 Posts: 900
edited March 2012 in MTB buying advice
Not sure if I will get an answer to this question, but would a Commencal meta 55 be a better ride than a mongoose Teocali elite, bearing in mind that all components from mongoose would go on Meta frame.
----
Widge.

Bird Zero 2
Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013

• supersonicsupersonic Posts: 82,708 Lives Here
    Hard to say without you specifically test riding it. As you know geometry is personal. The suspension systems are different, you will notice more pedal kickback on the Meta.

I wouldn't bother. Some of the parts wouldn't fit, the 55 is not the lightest frame anyway, and if you changed you'd be asking again in 3 months ;-) Enjoy what you have, is a very good ride.
  • widge34widge34 Posts: 900
    Probably right. As the Mongoose is my first full suss I often wonder if there is better out there around it's price range. Or maybe buying a second hand frame more up the price bracket.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • 1mancity21mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    widge34 wrote:
    Probably right. As the Mongoose is my first full suss I often wonder if there is better out there around it's price range. Or maybe buying a second hand frame more up the price bracket.

This is the thing with us mtbers, we are always looking at the next thing (or I am) it's always what if I just change that, or just get that frame.

Thrash your current bike and replace when its knacked, by that time you should in theroy be a more capable rider and you will have much more of an idea on what you want.

Oh and I am looking at getting a new frame........
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2