SEX (Valentines day)

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Now that I have you attention hopefully you can help me.

Valentines day is our actual anniversary of when we first started dating (even though it was actually a week or so later this date is more preferable to Ms DDD). Last year we watched 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' (9/10months later I became a Dad, "Thanks Tiffany")

Anyway, this year Valentines Day is upto me. However, I've never been a Dad (2-3month old baby) and done Valentines day before. So, any suggestions on what I should do for Valentines day (on a budget) would help lots!

I've been instructed no chocolate.

What will you be doing on Valentines day this year? W1 "The Griffin" doesn't count.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Valentines Day falls on a Tuesday this year which means I will get home about 8pm after commuting home, have a shower and my wife will cook me dinner. We will then probably watch an episode of Dexter. Bed at 10. Maybe some half-hearted nooky.

This is my recommendation.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    In Munich on a business trip (overseas for the fourth year running at Mandatory Attendance events. Thankyou Head of Sales Europe)

I'll Skype her a kiss :-D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • DonDaddyD
    Valentines Day falls on a Tuesday this year which means I will get home about 8pm after commuting home, have a shower and my wife will cook me dinner. We will then probably watch an episode of Dexter. Bed at 10. Maybe some half-hearted nooky.

This is my recommendation.

WTH is half hearted nookie!?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    9/10months later I became a Dad, "Thanks Tiffany"

Does Mrs DDD have a different gestation period from others? :lol:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,721
    Commuting home by bike with a nice bunch of flowers can be done - you want something sturdy, and robust, arranged in a nice tight bunch rather than a big floppy fan-shape, and let the water out of the pouchy thing first or it WILL burst in your bag.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Interestingly how many months is 40 weeks?

Now add up to an additional 2 weeks that the hospitals allow you to go before they (normally) intervene in the pregnancy (complications no withstanding).
    Food Chain number = 4

• clarkey cat

sssshhhh... she hasn't experienced the 'all-heart' session yet. Just waiting for right time.
  • DonDaddyD
    Guys come on. I was expecting cook her a nice spag-bol and a bottle of white from Lidl. That you're managing to come under those expectations is impressive.

Thing is though, with the lil'un we'll be lucky to eat at the same time...

sssshhhh... she hasn't experienced the 'all-heart' session yet. Just waiting for right time.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Tiffany is the name of the shemale that was banging her a month earlier...
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    have you thought about a spag bol and a bottle of red from lidl?

alternatively how good are you are cooking?
  • clarkey cat
    Get a nice Charlie Bigham ready meal from Waitrose and let her have a bath with some nice bath lotions you've bought her while you heat it up and lay the table...

http://www.bighams.com/what-sort-of-meal-are-you-after/

Buy the best bottle of wine you can afford, some chocolates from Prestat in a heart-shaped box... slap on some Kenny G... light some tea-candles, slip into your best Ben Sherman boxers, a splash of Joop and lay some on lovin'...
  • clarkey cat
    Truman is the name of the shemale that was banging her a month earlier...

FTFY
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Agree up front some weeks in advance that SVD is an over-hyped pile of utter commercial tosh best avoided or left to spotty teenagers & their first crushes, then both of you ignore it completely. Works for us.
  • rjsterry
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Guys come on. I was expecting cook her a nice spag-bol and a bottle of white from Lidl. That you're managing to come under those expectations is impressive.

Thing is though, with the lil'un we'll be lucky to eat at the same time...

:lol::lol::lol:

Whie?! With spag bol? Just coz it's from Lidl doesn't mean you have to drop all your standards.

I don't think you can go far wrong with flowers. It might be easier to do lunch at the weekend (or take a day off) at some sprog-friendly but nice pub rather than trying to fit feeds and changes around a load of other couples on Tuesday evening.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    actually rjsterry you are meant to use white wine when cooking a spag bol. that and full fat milk.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,654
    An evening in with "Arsenal's 100 Greatest Goals" doovde?
  • rjsterry
    spasypaddy wrote:
    actually rjsterry you are meant to use white wine when cooking a spag bol. that and full fat milk.
    I'll take your word for it - I was meaning as an accompaniment, rather than as an ingredient.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• just get Hambones round. he knows how to wow the ladies
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Cook her a nice meal that needs some effort (ar better still doesn't but looks like it did!), Spag bol is too easy IMHO, you need it to look a bit more special how about

Mushroom cocktail for starter (fried Mushies in some proper butter on a lettuce leaf with some 1000 island on the side
    Steak and (homemade) chips, with a grilled Field Mushroom, peas (good quality frozen will do) and some caramelised red oinion
    Desert to preferance, homemade chocolate mouse is a good one (this you have to make the day before!).

All in not much more time effort than spag bol (only costs a little more, if you get steak from a supermarket get a named cut not 'frying' as that usually comes out only marginally softer than the sole of my shoes), but looks so much more like you made an effort. With a decent looking bottle of wine on the side.

Make the most of it before the little one gets big enough to not keep out of the way!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    Cook her a nice meal that needs some effort (ar better still doesn't but looks like it did!), Spag bol is too easy IMHO, you need it to look a bit more special how about

Mushroom cocktail for starter (fried Mushies in some proper butter on a lettuce leaf with some 1000 island on the side
    Steak and (homemade) chips, with a grilled Field Mushroom, peas (good quality frozen will do) and some caramelised red oinion
    Desert to preferance, homemade chocolate mouse is a good one (this you have to make the day before!).

All in not much more time effort than spag bol (only costs a little more, if you get steak from a supermarket get a named cut not 'frying' as that usually comes out only marginally softer than the sole of my shoes), but looks so much more like you made an effort. With a decent looking bottle of wine on the side.

Make the most of it before the little one gets big enough to not keep out of the way!

Simon

Mushroom for starters and main course? Really?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Porquoi pas? You could even finish off with a Chantarelle sorbet for a themed meal. Especially if you live in Portabello Road.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    SGN2540.jpg

70s_vesta2-431x300.jpg

I know how to treat a girl....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DonDaddyD
    ^^As I scrolled down from the top of the page (slowly) I really didn't know where that first image was going...^^

Whoever suggest mushroom starter with thousand island (prawncocktail) sauce... really!? Couldn't stretch to prawns, crabmeat. No?

I'm just kidding, thanks for the suggestion. I love a steak Ms DDD is more the sushi arty farty type. My main sticking point is what to do with the kid.
    Food Chain number = 4

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Phil_D wrote:
    Mushroom for starters and main course? Really?
    Its only a part of it, there is Steak and chips etc there as well!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • clarkey cat
    My main sticking point is what to do with the kid.

Thats what grandparents are for.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ^^As I scrolled down from the top of the page (slowly) I really didn't know where that first image was going...^^

Whoever suggest mushroom starter with thousand island (prawncocktail) sauce... really!? Couldn't stretch to prawns, crabmeat. No?

I'm just kidding, thanks for the suggestion. I love a steak Ms DDD is more the sushi arty farty type. My main sticking point is what to do with the kid.

Gin in the milk - you won't hear a peep for hours :wink:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I love a steak Ms DDD is more the sushi arty farty type. My main sticking point is what to do with the kid.

Sautéed in a little garlic and served in a bed of roquette?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DonDaddyD
    I think I'm gonna get Cinema tickets. The HMV (yeah it has a Cinema - no really! A proper arty one) is showing Brief Encounter or Carnage or I might take her to Clapham Picture house.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    ....stuff about food.... My main sticking point is what to do with the kid.

This is a good recipe
    :shock:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I think I'm gonna get Cinema tickets. The HMV (yeah it has a Cinema - no really! A proper arty one) is showing Brief Encounter or Carnage or I might take her to Clapham Picture house.

Each to their own, but I think cinema is a waste of a babysitter. Its one of the things that you can easily replicate at home when the kid is in bed (I know, DVD not the same, but close enough). If you manage to wangle a babysitter then take her* out for a slap up meal, or the theatre, or a spa day (at the weekend), or a few drinks like in the old days. Cinema is booooooring!

*Your other half, not the babysitter!