Knee Pain

Ninjatrev
Ninjatrev Posts: 20
edited August 2011 in Training, fitness and health
Im not sure if this is in the right place to put it but ive had a bit of knee pain in my right hand knee. First of all it i got it on a 32mile ride, i managed to ride it off and didnt hurt next day.
I rode to work today and i noticed it had got worse when i got to work. I had found it hard to walk up and down the stairs.

Its like the knee finds it hard to bend and also feels swolen/ fliud.

Anyone else had this? any reasons why its happening?

Comments

• carbon337
    carbon337 Posts: 414
    Im getting it on 30+ mile rides. Goes away after riding and sometimes rides off. No pain after riding.

Hope someone can give us both sme pointers. I think a bike fit will sort it.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    If the pain is bad then I would suggest avoiding diagnosis by web and get yourself to a physio or a doctor. "Knee pain" covers a wide range of issues so it is a bit hard for anyone to give specific advice, in my opinion.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    It will be bike fit, probably saddle to low so causing more force to go through the kneecap. I stupidly adjusted a few things and lowered my deat without realising after packing my bike away, I had knee pain until I raised my deat up, I did it a little at a time until I had no pain on or off the bike.
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    Check toe out position when clipped in. This should be similer to how you naturally stand or walk. Are you using cleats with float? I recommend you do if not.

Get someone to see whether your knees are jerking out rather than tracking straight through the pedal stroke. If so you may need cleat wedges. Google either these and I'm sure plenty of stuff will come up, theyre common problems.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Paul E wrote:
    It will be bike fit, probably saddle to low so causing more force to go through the kneecap. I stupidly adjusted a few things and lowered my deat without realising after packing my bike away, I had knee pain until I raised my deat up, I did it a little at a time until I had no pain on or off the bike.

I'm not so sure that because you had a problem and it turned out to be a fit issue that everyone else whose knees hurt have fit issues. There are plenty of people out there who have knees that, to put it bluntly, just can't take it, no matter what the fit of the bike or pedal is.
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    swollen, painful knees = physio and rest until you have a diagnosis