Stage 21 Spoiler

13»

Comments

• niblue
    niblue Posts: 1,387
    Finish outwith the time limit, no classement for you ... Seems fair to me ...

Except that's not the rules, and the rules are there for a reason. You can't just make up rules to suit your hatred of a particular rider.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    You guys need to CTFD ... Nationalistic idiocy aside, Cav did finish outside the time limit twice ... I wanted him to winon TCE as I want to watch him break the stage wins record and then wait for the next in my lifetime ... Butbwinning a classification aftwr bein technically dq'd s not right ... Finish outwith the time limit, no classement for you ... Seems fair to me ...

Think I'm trolling, just remember the bitching you and Cav done whenThor won ...

Oh, cornoyemade, you're so silly.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    You guys need to CTFD ... Nationalistic idiocy aside, Cav did finish outside the time limit twice ... I wanted him to winon TCE as I want to watch him break the stage wins record and then wait for the next in my lifetime ... Butbwinning a classification aftwr bein technically dq'd s not right ... Finish outwith the time limit, no classement for you ... Seems fair to me ...

Think I'm trolling, just remember the bitching you and Cav done whenThor won ...
    By your rules only 3 of the top 10 in the points race would have been eligible: Evans, Sanchez and Contador...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Tbf crankbrother I do understand where your coming from. But the rule was put in place to avoid wholesale slaughter on an unusual day. Otherwise a team could put a ringer in and on day 3 whilst still fresh bang out a breakaway on a hilly stage and cull half the field.

Cav new the rules, no doubt checked the numbers of riders around him and had info from the car, made a decision. go faster now but be buggered for today and the sprint, or take 20 point hit and be fit for today and stay near the other contender.

No brainer and all in the rules.

It's a bit like blaming the Polish for taking up council houses when your next door neighbours' daughter can't get one. Don't blame the Polish, you and I would do the same in the same situation. Blame the system. That's at fault.

In this case the system is correct, so lobby to have the system / rules changes if you don't like the result.
    Cav simply played tactically as he was probably knackered.
    Peter
  • cornoyemade
    cornoyemade Posts: 180
    Congratulations to team USA Garmin for winning the team category.
    Congratulations to team USA BMC for bringing Evans home in yellow.
    Congratulations to Samuel Sanchez for the polka dots.
    Congratulations to USA HTC for finishing almost four hours after Garmin, losing your sponsor, and putting mark cavendish in the green jersey* at the expense of everything else.

* won by cadel Evans but given to cavendish by the race jury.

Good luck babysitting cavendishy Team SKY. It Should be very entertaining next year watching you deal with the drama.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Congratulations to USA HTC for finishing almost four hours after Garmin, losing your sponsor, and putting mark cavendish in the green jersey* at the expense of everything else.

Good luck babysitting cavendishy Team SKY. It Should be very entertaining next year watching you deal with the drama.

Are you for real?

Troll.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,709
    dilemna wrote:

Are you for real?

Troll.

I think he may not be a troll after all. All those references to USA might show he's just an idiot :lol:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986

All becomes clear! You're a Garmin fan boy! How did it feel watching Cav shove it up your boy again? :P
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    putting mark cavendish in the green jersey* at the expense of everything else

:lol::lol: that was kind of the idea numb nut! :lol::lol: 6 stage wins as a team and a green jersey success. I'm pretty sure that ticked enough boxes.

And as for the rules... anyone know how many riders would have rolled into Paris yesterday if cornyemade was the race ref and which big names would have been missing? :lol: A great day I'm sure. :roll:
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429

TROLL.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    rajMAN wrote:

TROLL.

I genuinely don't think he is a troll.

He is a mentally ill, repressed homosexual stalker who really fancies a bit of rough like Caven"dishy" (see - he's even given it away with his own nickname for the target of his obsession) and having tried to get into his hotel room at the tour of California, was rebuffed by Cav and has spiralled dowwards ever since into even deeper madness......
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    284970_10150396743977516_567317515_10818666_2022846_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    niblue wrote:

Except that's not the rules, and the rules are there for a reason. You can't just make up rules to suit your hatred of a particular rider.

But that's exactly what Henri Desgrange would have done in the early years of Le Tour.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,161
    niblue wrote:

But that's exactly what Henri Desgrange would have done in the early years of Le Tour.

Yeah, but back then Cav could have finished with help from the HTC train, which would have been an actual train.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    PBo wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:

TROLL.

I genuinely don't think he is a troll.

He is a mentally ill, repressed homosexual stalker who really fancies a bit of rough like Caven"dishy" (see - he's even given it away with his own nickname for the target of his obsession) and having tried to get into his hotel room at the tour of California, was rebuffed by Cav and has spiralled dowwards ever since into even deeper madness......

You could well be right! we should not mock the afflicted. :shock:
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    284970_10150396743977516_567317515_10818666_2022846_n.jpg

They do bear an uncanny resemblace to Cuddles and Schleck. Could herald a thread for cyclist animalalikes!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Getty
    19361bf1bc29d8e2479733d0bd993116-getty-_.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,396
    niblue wrote:

This old chestnut is just rubbish - Desgrange was dissappointed when riders did nt win by margins measured in days Cav would nt have missed any cuts finishing half an hour behind anyone!!

Stop being such a Grumpy old man and enjoy the fact that the Brits have had one of the best tours..well...ever!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver