cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    good job by EBH making it closer than last year
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    The following message is brought to you by OffTheBackAdam & a large bottle of Cobra
    FIRKIN YES YA BITCH! :D
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Andy and Frank's seasons are pretty much over now unless maybe they ride le Vuelta for training.

Cadel got a long way to go racing to more wins.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    @ff

they only ride the Vuelta to get sacked.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Has Rojas finished yet? :lol:
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Has Rojas finished yet? :lol:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,204
    Never in doubt lol. Good effort by Eddy though. Corneymade will be crying in his beer tonight :lol:
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Yes! Going to enjoy Cav on the podium two times now and the two that really matter
  • disgruntledgoat
    classic there from Evans, disappointed nobody gave him time checks to Tony Martin yesterday.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • cornoyemade
    cornoyemade Posts: 180
    Trivia question: who is the only winner of the green jersey to have missed the time cut... Twice ?

Answer: mark cavendish*

• niblue
    niblue Posts: 1,387
    Clutching at straws there, idiot boy...
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Trivia question: who is the only winner of the green jersey to have missed the time cut... Twice ?

who is this tit?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • disgruntledgoat
    I can't believe zabel didn't miss 2 in 7 years...

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    Are you sure on that or just assuming? It's irrelevant in any case as the rule of the race is that if 20% or more of the field finish outside the limit you don't get kicked out and even with a 40 point deduction plus the ridiculous 1st stage intermediate dq he won :lol: Now off you go for a :cry:
  • disgruntledgoat
    there isn't a cd of Advance Australia Fair anywhere in France... fact.

@gietvangent
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    I thought Cadel was going to cry when he was interviewed. He did sound especially whiny. I guess he was overcome with the emotion of winning the GC :wink: .

I'm still seeing red spots from when Sanchez got his KoM jersey, his whole family were in KoM colours red spots everywhere plus he had red spot shorts on :shock: .
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Pross
    Anthem bird was alright - not a bad voice either
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    No word from Contadour ............. who only managed 5th.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    wasn't the cut off cut down this year anyhow
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • disgruntledgoat
    cut out of zabriskie, nice

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    emotional Thor...

@gietvangent
  • had to take a phone call away from the TV and just came in to see Tommy V and Phil Gilbert getting off the podium with some jerseys - what were they for?
    Thanks
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429

Sad Troll.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    had to take a phone call away from the TV and just came in to see Tommy V and Phil Gilbert getting off the podium with some jerseys - what were they for?
    Thanks

Handing over the baton from the 2011 départ (Vendee, so Voeckler) to the 2012 départ (Liege, so Gilbert).

Either that or they invented an excuse to get Tommy on the podium.
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
    had to take a phone call away from the TV and just came in to see Tommy V and Phil Gilbert getting off the podium with some jerseys - what were they for?
    Thanks

To symbolise the handing over of the Grand Start from The Vendée (2011) to Liège (2012)

EDIT: like he said above before me :D
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    rajMAN wrote:

Bitter Troll.

Fixed it for you[/b]
    Peter
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Without pandering to Corntosser, where did Petacchi finish re time cuts?
    M.Rushton
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Wow these chicks are hot
    Getty
    ddbdbb4880fa900d091869e146c9d5f9-getty-_.jpg
    a8911ee945fbc9dfb4f7c92d6c982771-getty-119755261.jpg
    da38168a973ac4464a357d12b8c571ee-getty-119755282.jpg
    5fbf043dd6485bf9852a13414bf0e72f-getty-119755305.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    You guys need to CTFD ... Nationalistic idiocy aside, Cav did finish outside the time limit twice ... I wanted him to winon TCE as I want to watch him break the stage wins record and then wait for the next in my lifetime ... Butbwinning a classification aftwr bein technically dq'd s not right ... Finish outwith the time limit, no classement for you ... Seems fair to me ...

Think I'm trolling, just remember the bitching you and Cav done whenThor won ...
  • brookter
    brookter Posts: 51
    I don't think you're trolling, but I think you're overstating your case.

He wasn't "technically DQ'd": he wasn't disqualified at all, because he fell under an exemption that is explicit in the rules.

If you assaulted someone, but were found not guilty at court because you acted in self-defence, by your reasoning you would still be 'technically guilty' of assault. Not true: you would be entirely innocent, because the exemptions to the law are part of the law itself.

It's the same here, IMHO: a disqualification is imposed unless one of the exemptions obtains, which it did on both occasions. There is no suggestion that the whole bus was spared simply because of Cavendish: the normal rules were applied. No issue.