Fuel costs

1234568»

Comments

• getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Good to hear that you'll be back to normal soon, I was worried about what you were on. :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Worried? I was after some for myself.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Wouldn't want to do it to often. Being a miserable bastard is much more fun, and doesn't make you feel sh1t in the morning.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    The comedown from happiness is quite harsh, I agree.
  • cooldad
    Yeah happiness is vastly overrated
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Never mind fuel duty what about inflation which recently on the news was "shock horror" nearing 5%....
    Yeah? The Porridge I buy has just gone from 1.99 to 2.29....that's closer to 15%.
    I see a future where the working rural poor have no alternative but to up sticks and move to the cities. Then the lovely rural environment can just be one big playground for not only the landed gentry but the nouveau riche of the politicians and their corporate chums, and the "property developer"/portfolio owning lazy swines who don't do a days graft but just constrict the property supply and force people to rent at extortionate rates.
    It's back to serfdom for us I reckon, and pricing the serfs off the roads and into the cities is part of the plan! :wink:
  • cooldad
    How did you work out our cunning plan serf?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Holy crap that makes sense! I don't want to live in concrete hell.. never will fricken hate people as a general rule, and cities are full of them!!
  • Anonymous
    Holy crap that makes sense! I don't want to live in concrete hell.. never will fricken hate people as a general rule, and cities are full of them!!
    I agree with you, but on top of that, I don;t think the cities want rowdy, drunken, fighty Welsh people near them either.
  • cooldad
    Yeah we have enough rowdy drunken fighty scum of our own.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Gizmokev
    Gizmokev Posts: 146
    Taxation is the real cause for the extortionate prices in fuel in the UK these days. Yeah BP/Shell/Texaco and everyone are raising the price of oil but when it comes to selling it through the pump the huge cost is virtually all tax.

The government could reduce the cost but refuse to do so under the pretence that oil is bad for the environment and therefore needs to be taxed highly. They also add that those with more thirsty cars will pay more by virtue of this fact in a way to try and drive people towards more economical cars (new cars). This is the gov further trying to stimulate the growth of new car sales via taxation.

The system is screwed but us mere serfs (and that is basically everyone outside of government) are powerless and merely have to accept whatever is dished out because our lifestyles have been built around Internal Combustion Engine (ICE).

You only have to look at taxation on LPG since it came into existence. Started off very cheap in order to get more people converting too it. Once there were enough taxation has gone up on it so that the benefits of converting are not as high as was once thought. Given that the LPG cars also lose power and get a reduction in MPG by virtue of the octane levels being much lower than petrol to diesel less people are now converting. So you use more so you pay more tax and despite the benefits to the environment in that they have greatly reduced harmful emissions the government does not provide any tax break on that fuel.

They are just money grabbing thieves who dont really care about what we think or such and will screw us for anything we have if they can and will continue to do so until we find and alternative to capitalism which is what drives this desire.

Rant Over