Racetrack improvements - CS8

13»

Comments

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Kurako wrote:
    Is that where that road goes? I always assumed it's some sort of dead end. Normally I'd go straight on to Parson's Green but then it get's messy there with all the traffic. Will definitely try the Chelsea Harbour route. Ta.

I did try the Cheyne Walk>WB route once, didn't enjoy it as much as following NKR then turning off towards WB (I normally use that in reverse if I'd heading in that way)

QTR is a good option for avoiding CS7, really should get a recording of the ride down there as I suspect the video for DSC could be rather good coming from the opposite direction :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Kurako wrote:
    Is that where that road goes? I always assumed it's some sort of dead end. Normally I'd go straight on to Parson's Green but then it get's messy there with all the traffic. Will definitely try the Chelsea Harbour route. Ta.

I did try the Cheyne Walk>WB route once, didn't enjoy it as much as following NKR then turning off towards WB (I normally use that in reverse if I'd heading in that way)

QTR is a good option for avoiding CS7, really should get a recording of the ride down there as I suspect the video for DSC could be rather good coming from the opposite direction :-D

QTR northbound is ok apart from the bottom part where it's usually gridlock with buses (imagine!) blocking the bus lane and not really much space for filtering. I like the southbound journey though where you get to put the hammer down through the s-bend and try to keep it up into the inevitable headwind.

Latchmere Road is more fun northbound as its a steeper descent and a sharper s-bend. That brings you out at the road that leads to WB but it's a bit of a pain to get there cos of the one way system round that side of Clapham Common.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Kurako wrote:

+1 on QTR i do like that route. :D

Also recently I've found myself going all the way up NKR to Putney Bridge then either through the park or up putney high street, up the hill to Wimbledon Villiage before dropping down in to Raynes Park.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • sketchley
    Of course there also the path by the Wandle River from Merton Abbey to Wandsworth. No SCR and a nice pleasent ride along the river bank. It was my route when I started commuting and 15mph top speed was well fast......
    --
    Chris

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,765
    Blimey. I need some time to digest that lot.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • sketchley
    Origamist wrote:

:shock:

I thought that was going to be picture of the spray paint on Millbank "paint blue here" I think it said.
    --
    Chris

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Origamist wrote:

LCC get a big +1 for just shoving that info up on the web for all to see, using something that already works rather than tying it up in their own website, waiting to atrophy or fall off t'interweb.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Wow! Queens Circus is a massive fail. You want me to ride on the f*cking pavement?

https://picasaweb.google.com/goodforlon ... 9209622914
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,765
    And under the Victoria railway bridge. Cue shouts of 'you should be on the cycle path'. Mind you I've had this on the southern approach to Chelsea Bridge anyway.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    took a ride into town, down to the Tower of London.

Well CS8 is better than I expected, wider in the main. I can imagine that during rush hour you'd end up stuck behind the hi vis lot.

off peak as I was, no problem just zoomed along. a few WTF junctions etc.

and a lot of Boris Bikes though some um interested riding from them.