An important mission on behalf of male cyclefolk

13»

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    CdrJake wrote:
    Sorry but a man cannot perform under this pressure :shock: :lol:
    Course you can man, esp in your line of work.

Tennn - shunn. Lift. Rayt. Lift. Rayt. Lift. Rayt. Lift. Rayt. Lift. Rayt. Lift. Rayt. STAN AT EEEEZE. <salutes opposite number>. DISSSSSSSMISS.

Job done. Where's the problem?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    CiB wrote:
    CdrJake wrote:
    Sorry but a man cannot perform under this pressure :shock: :lol:
    Course you can man, esp in your line of work.

Tennn - shunn. Lift. Rayt. Lift. Rayt. Lift. Rayt. Lift. Rayt. Lift. Rayt. Lift. Rayt. STAN AT EEEEZE. <salutes opposite number>. DISSSSSSSMISS.

Job done. Where's the problem?

Shouldn't that be DISMOUNT!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • CiB
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    stuff, and...
    Except on Sundays, which of course is weekend ride day and you can't miss that. :P
    Wait till you've got kids, then it's a sneaky one at 6:20 in the morning before work and if you're lucky when they're watching the Match Of The Day repeat on a Sunday morning. I did hear a story once that the BBC scheduler responsible for that repeat had exactly that in mind when he put it on Sunday at 7:30am. That and the Sky contract locking em down I expect.

Anyway. As you were.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Few things I've noticed about cycling and sex.

I'm sure the increased cardiovascular fitness increases the length (you're superior heart can pump more blood into it). That or I haven't stopped growing....

It makes you fitter so "to smash" is more a graphic certainty than mere boy's talk.

The increased fitness makes you virile and potent but you spend all that extra energy cycling so when it comes to the deed, armed with your blood boosted kit, you're just a heap of submissive mess... so no "to smash" Except on Sundays, which of course is weekend ride day and you can't miss that. :P

This rather than any actual physiolgical issue may be the source of the 'cycling makes you impotent' myth.

@CdrJake: if the armed forces can't perform under pressure then we're really in trouble :wink:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    rjsterry wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Few things I've noticed about cycling and sex.

I'm sure the increased cardiovascular fitness increases the length (you're superior heart can pump more blood into it). That or I haven't stopped growing....

It makes you fitter so "to smash" is more a graphic certainty than mere boy's talk.

The increased fitness makes you virile and potent but you spend all that extra energy cycling so when it comes to the deed, armed with your blood boosted kit, you're just a heap of submissive mess... so no "to smash" Except on Sundays, which of course is weekend ride day and you can't miss that. :P

This rather than any actual physiolgical issue may be the source of the 'cycling makes you impotent' myth.

@CdrJake: if the armed forces can't perform under pressure then we're really in trouble :wink:

I'm an officer, pressure is something I put on those lower than myself :wink:

Also I am an engineer, we don't do pressure unless it is something we can place a numerical value on and calculate :lol:

Pressure in the bedroom department however is a different matter :shock:
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    I wanna se during so I can cheer and give moral support!

Spoken like a man who has clearly never attended a birth ;-) Cheering and trying to give moral support are not going to get very far as she crushes your hands and yells various expletives at you.

Having said that I have a wonderful picture of my missus that I took when she was in the birth pool having our last. She has the most serene and happy look on her face. Funny thing was after the whole thing she doesn't actually remember me taking that picture :-D

Also congrats Mattsaw :lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Spoken like a man who has clearly never attended a birth ;-) Cheering and trying to give moral support are not going to get very far as she crushes your hands and yells various expletives at you.

Having said that I have a wonderful picture of my missus that I took when she was in the birth pool having our last. She has the most serene and happy look on her face. Funny thing was after the whole thing she doesn't actually remember me taking that picture :-D

Ew, dude! I meant when he smashes it. I.e. during. You sick sick man!

Only birth I ever plan on attending is my own, which I've done, and iI was unconcious for most of it...

(Question to all the Dads: During the whole birth thing did you go down there to have a look and did doing so affect the way you thought about 'it' afterwards?)
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • CiB
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    (Question to all the Dads: During the whole birth thing did you go down there to have a look and did doing so affect the way you thought about 'it' afterwards?)
    Blimey no - a quick glance but the sight of a head on its way out is a bit wierd.

And Yes anyway. Best avoided TBH - leave all that business to the trained medical staff. Like BJUK alluded to, you're too busy trying to reposition the bones at the end of your arm to make the mis-shapen lump of flesh there resemble a hand again, whlst wondering how genuine all those threats really were.
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Only birth I ever plan on attending is my own, which I've done, and iI was unconcious for most of it...

I am with you on that one. Even if children to feature in my future I do not plan on being in the room during the birth. Call me old fashioned if you wish, but I would perfer to be sat outside waiting rather than get in the way in the delivery room.
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • rjsterry
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

One doesn't 'go down there to have a look', one stands quietly and does what one is told and, no.

I'm starting to think that when the time comes you might want to find something to lean against - you seem a bit squeamish.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• DonDaddyD
    rjsterry wrote:

I'm starting to think that when the time comes you might want to find something to lean against - you seem a bit squeamish.

Squeamish? I leave the room when my parents insist on watching Holby City when I come to visit.

I fully intend to have my cigar ready...
    Food Chain number = 4

• mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907

Hell no, and for that very reason!

I was in the room our first and would recommend it to anyone. It's the scariest, confusing, most amazing time you'll ever have. Being the first person to hold my son is a moment that will always stay with me.

Getting involved "down there" is somehwere where I;d draw the line. The look of horror on my face when the midwife asked if I wanted to cut the umbilical cord had my wife in stiches - the ones downstairs came later :wink:

Also congrats Mattsaw

Cheers Bassjunkieuk :)
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • rjsterry
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Squeamish? I leave the room when my parents insist on watching Holby City when I come to visit.

I fully intend to have my cigar ready...

Don't miss out on being there, and Ms DDD might want you there, but if you can't handle the view then just look away (you don't want medical staff having to revive you as well as dealing with the birth). I'd be fairly sure you'll forget all about the cigar until much later.

And a belated congratulations to Mattsaw as well.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    I had a look 'down there' during the birth at the recommendation of the midwife - I wish I hadn't. Mind you, it got a lot worse. It looked like something out of Saw by the end - blood all over the floor.

At one point we thought she hadn't made it at she didn't start breathing on her own - the look on the doctor's faces and hearing a call for a crash cart can't be put into words. The horrors of everything else paled in comparison.

Back on topic.

It's all go from here...
  • Birthing pool is the way to go. You won't be able to see what's going on down below unless you are wearing an aqualung, and if you are wearing an aqualung nobody will see the look on your face.

An emotional rollercoaster but one not to be missed.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Birthing pool is the way to go. You won't be able to see what's going on down below unless you are wearing an aqualung, and if you are wearing an aqualung nobody will see the look on your face.

An emotional rollercoaster but one not to be missed.

+1 That's how we had no. 6, without professional assistance at home :-) Have it on video so we can relive the magical moment. Thankfully she arrived after the ITV TDF highlights otherwise I may have missed it......

As for looking down there I've been on the "business end" for 3 of them, 2 where CS and I didn't see anything of the last one until the wife fished her out from underneath the water. It is rather un-nerving and probably not for the squemish. I always got a little nervous once the head was out as there was a small lull in contractions before the final push.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • This ought to put your mind at rest. I'd almost forgot about the machine that goes 'ping'
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    did anyone see the program called "one born every minute" the other day?

there was a couple having a baby on there an it actually showed you the poor kids head pop out then it was showing another baby crowning, never seen anything like that before

it did make my mrs really really really broody though, think we might get another cat ha!

oh and congratulations Mattsaw!!
    Keeping it classy since '83