WOW! Women on Wheels

CommencalQueen
CommencalQueen Posts: 60
edited February 2011 in Women
http://www.7stanes.gov.uk/womenonwheels

Anyone in my area interested coming along?

I've been to WOW events before; great fun and you make good friends too!

:D
My rides are ...

Vintage Commencal Combi Disc
Vintage Giant OCR 3
Vintage Lime Green Raleigh Max with Yellow Tyres

:)

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I was thinking of it but it's a good few hours drive and I'm not sure how much use it would be.
  • Aye I guess so. It's a pity. Fun times, no matter what your ability.
    My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• Gingie
    Gingie Posts: 98
    Aye i'm thinking of coming along to most of those events!

Want to meet more female riders (since breaking up with the boyf i have no one fun to ride with :-( boo! So hopefully will be able to meet some cool people at these events)
    Are you based in the 7 stanes ares CommencalQueen??
  • CommencalQueen
    edited January 2011
    Hi Gingie

Yup, based in a good place for Mabie, Dalbeattie, Ae and an hour away from Kirrochtree. It's brilliant!!!! :D

You join the club of "just finished with B/F".

I've had my confirmation through so I'm booked for all three. The cafe at Ae has great food and lunch is included in the price.

I see you are on Twitter; so am I! :)

CQ
    My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• Gingie
    Did you send that form back with a cheque or is there another way to pay??
    I've misplaced my cheque book... lol

Woop! Glad there's two of us in the recently single club.. lol

Ohh send me a message on Twit so i know who you are :-)

Looking forward to meeting you at the sessions, i'll try get myself booked in asap!
  • CommencalQueen
    edited January 2011
    We are stuck in the last centuary up here you know - still using cheques. I guess you could try ringing Forestry Commission and see if they will accept your banking details over the phone??? :idea:
    My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    What a good idea! Sadly I am pretty much as far south as you can get so only manage an annual trip to Scotland if i'm lucky, but have fun ladies :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Gingie
    I posted my form! Yay!

Is there just me an CommencalQueen hitting this up then???

Come on girlies you know you want to!
  • Great!!!!! See you soon then.

I second above. Come on lassies. Let's get out and ride! Whoooooo hoooooooooo :D
    My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• fidget
    fidget Posts: 4
    hi . :D i have just joined this forum and stumbled on your discussion.
    i would like to add that i am in the newly single and no one to ride with club, as i used to ride with my boyfriend!!
    so if anyone lives near Nottingham and would like to meet up that would be great.
    i'm not a super duper rider or anything, but i would like to carry on and get better at it.
    jane
  • suzyb
    Going to sign up for this after all, see what it's like.
  • fidget wrote:
    hi . :D i have just joined this forum and stumbled on your discussion.
    i would like to add that i am in the newly single and no one to ride with club, as i used to ride with my boyfriend!!
    so if anyone lives near Nottingham and would like to meet up that would be great.
    i'm not a super duper rider or anything, but i would like to carry on and get better at it.
    jane

Hi Jane

Whoop! Three members of the NSC then! I ride on my own a lot of the time. But I do like to get out in groups too. It's a way to better yourself and get the confidence going. I'm just back from a group ride - around a three hour stint at Mabie (I was the only girl!!!!) T'was great fun. I fell off and got awarded the "Red Devil" to attach to my handlebars. I had to leave a bit early as home chores beckon, so I only had him for 10mins at most!

Maybe see you on the trails some day.

Linda
    My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• suzyb wrote:

Brill. See you there. The cafe puts on some good grub too. :D
    My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• suzyb
    suzyb wrote:

The cafe puts on some good grub too. :D
    Only reason I'm going :lol:

(which you will totally believe when you see me :()
  • Gingie
    Woop! Yea Sue!

We shoulg get Sarah to come along and Jane an it'll be like a Fort Bill reunion!
    Gasky's going to be doing some coaching there too so it will be like a right deja-vu!

Heya fidget! Welcome to the forum! We should set up a:
    "we're recently single and relied on our boyfriends for lifts and as riding buddies" club.
    I think it'd be pretty popular! If you're ever around the lakes/lancashire area for riding give me a bell. You planning on coming up to the W.o.W event??
  • fidget
    fidget Posts: 4
    Thanks for the welcome.
    the w.o.w event looks great. i haven't done any sort of group rides and it is something i want to try because i feel a bit self-conscious riding on my own. i've got no riding buddies :(
    so hence joing this forum and sorting my riding life out :D
    it would be about a 5 hour drive for me to get to that event though, wish there was something closer! so i'm not sure at the min. good job i like driving. ( i will see what the childcare situation is for that weekend)
    jane
  • Gingie wrote:
    Woop! Yea Sue!

We shoulg get Sarah to come along and Jane an it'll be like a Fort Bill reunion!
    Gasky's going to be doing some coaching there too so it will be like a right deja-vu!

Heya fidget! Welcome to the forum! We should set up a:
    "we're recently single and relied on our boyfriends for lifts and as riding buddies" club.
    I think it'd be pretty popular! If you're ever around the lakes/lancashire area for riding give me a bell. You planning on coming up to the W.o.W event??

Hey guys,

I can do a Lakes type thing; from where I live some places are "do-able" if it involves a good ride out. Somewhere like Whinlatter???? Last time I went it was peein' doon the whole day!

My mum also lives in Lancashire, so I can stay with her over a weekend and meet up somewhere too. I did that a couple of years ago when I went on a Commencal Owner's Club ride. We did The Peaks. Five hours .... phew! It was good crack and the cafe stop was a well welcome stop I can tell you. lol We also met up for a ride at Llandegla, which was a good un too.

So were you riding at Fort Bill Gingie, or taking in the sights? I was there for the World Cup last year with my son (not as a competitor!!!! lol). What a great weekend that was ... I well want to go again this year.

Linda
    My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• Gingie
    Yes Whinlatter!! I love the place and definitely up for a ride round there sometime... lifes a bit hectic at the moment but by Easter time i should have a lot more time on my hands...

Was up at Fort Bill for a girls Dh camp in October, it was a really good weekend! Definitely want to get up there for the World cup this year!

Any more sign-ups for the W.O.W event yet?? Come on laydees!

:-)
  • I'd sign up for em if I could get there :(..it's too far to go just for a ride are any of the Stanes from my little hole in Lancashire :(..plus I can't drive so Hubby has to bring me and needs somewhere to ride where he won't get lost :lol:...he's useless at finding his way round bloomin waymarked trails!!!!!! :lol:

Caz xx
  • hello everyone,
    quick intro - Sarah from manchester (and bill girly camp - hi ginge n sue)
    Think I'm up for this one, craving some girl riding and can't say no to a quality lunch included!
  • Gingie
    Yes Manchester!!!
    haha i'm gonna tell Gasky that the whole fort bill crew are coming back to annoy her! lol.
    this w.ow. event is gonna be sweet! and even if it ends up not being that brilliant theres enough of us now to take ourselves off for a ride :-)

Woop!
  • suzyb
    Assuming you all want a really really really slow ride lol
  • Lots of you from Lancs.

After Easter Whinlatter it is then! My mum's house is in a state of disarray, as she had a flood over Christmas. Hope she will be back in her own place by then. So that would fit in well I guess.

Anyway WOW first. I am sure it will be as good as others I have gone to. They cater for all abilities.

My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• pink rider wrote:
    hello everyone,
    quick intro - Sarah from manchester (and bill girly camp - hi ginge n sue)
    Think I'm up for this one, craving some girl riding and can't say no to a quality lunch included!

Hello Sarah. Hope you can make it! :)
    My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• Oooo just checked me deary diary and Im thinking I might be able to make it.

Going to go and look at form/payment ect

Thanks for pointing it out gingie
    Specialized XC Comp
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Hey ladies,
    I've been an intermittent forumite for a while, and I'm relatively recently single.

I was just thinking to myself the other day that now I don't have the bf I won't have anyone to bike with as all my biking buddies are a) male b) competitive c) fast. And that's the main reason I haven't been on my bike since August bank holiday. Nothing to do with the epic face plant in Wales. No. Nothing at all :wink:

So I've popped in today to start getting back into the swing of things and I stumble across this thread! hurrah!

I can't make it to the WOW for any of the current dates posted, but I'll keep it in mind - I have 4 snowboarding trips booked and time/cost becomes a factor.

However the Lakes trip after Easter sounds good...! I'll pencil something in my diary!
  • CommencalQueen
    edited January 2011
    Hey there. We need a thread for the NSC! :wink:

Anyway, good to "meet" you.

I was off biking from at least June last year I am now slowly clawing myself back to "some kind" of fitness (well, as fit as this ole body will ever be I guess).

My post Christmas fat is expanding at a rate of knots ... :lol:

Linda
    My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• Lizzie77 wrote:
    Oooo just checked me deary diary and Im thinking I might be able to make it.

Going to go and look at form/payment ect

Thanks for pointing it out gingie

Hey Lizzie

Where abouts in 7 Stanes Heaven are you? I'm the Mabie, Ae, Dalbeattie end. Kirrie is an hour away.

Linda
    My rides are ...

Vintage Giant OCR 3

• gb2gw
    gb2gw Posts: 81
    Hello ladies

If it were more local to me (I'm another Nottingham-ite!) I'd come along for a pootle and to say hello! Hope you all have fun anyway. Sounds like a good opportunity for a bit of a social and to meet new people :)

Fidget, not sure what level of riding you'd say you were at, but Chasetrails at Cannock Chase are pretty well reviewed on here and are running a ladies only half day intro course in March. Might be good to bolster your confidence and get you out there riding?

You'd be welcome to join me and hubby for a ride anytime - we usually ride with another couple (with me and her bringing up the rear of course, stopping for cake and to admire the scenery every once in a while and catch up with the boys at select points round the route!). We mostly ride natural stuff in the Peak District and although I'm hopeless at assessing what level I'm at, as an example I'll happily ride red-graded routes in Wales/Scotland and will ride, but be challenged by (that's one way of putting it!), black routes.

Give us a shout if you think that sort of thing might be of any interest to you anyway ... and sorry to hijack the thread!

Rosie x
  • suzyb
    Fingers crossed he snow has disappeared by then :?