"Rides" DVDs - At last, boredom relief

shipley
shipley Posts: 549
I've finally cracked it :) I've been using a turbo for 40 mins each morning before I go to work. It sets me up for the day but God its boring, even with the radio / music etc.

This year I have bought and old Specialized Allez, a Goodmans portable DVD player (eBay £30) and a couple of Rides training DVDs again from eBay.

Although they are a bit 'American' in their manner of commentary (which can be switched off) they are fantastic at encouraging you to push hard over varied terrain including hills and undulating routes, where you are advised when to use higher gears / increased resistance etc. After use, I'm shattered.

So if you find your turbo boring, you might consider them.

Comments

• bilirubin
    bilirubin Posts: 225
    Download yourself a couple of Sufferfest videos from www.thesufferfest.com and you will never be bored on a turbo trainer again, plus at less than £8.00 per download it works out a lot cheaper than buying DVD's.
  • 1_reaper
    1_reaper Posts: 322
    Have a question about the sufferfest vid's. Can they be used in conjunction with rollers and or does anyone use them with rollers?
  • bilirubin
    bilirubin Posts: 225
    1_reaper wrote:
    Have a question about the sufferfest vid's. Can they be used in conjunction with rollers and or does anyone use them with rollers?

I do not see why not, the latest one is "Angels" which I think is mainly climbing so that may be a struggle but some of the others would be OK, if you go to their site you can veiw a free sample of each vid on offer so take a look.