Espresso Machine ...

124»

Comments

• Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    mrushton wrote:
    Just that description adds £££ to the price. i recently tried a Vario which was nice (£300!) but my KitchenAid is consistent. The Vario lets you grind within the grind
    What does that mean?

I've heard about the Vario - it's supposed to be a great grinder. £300 is a good price! We've had a Mazzer Mini (doserless) for about 4 years now. It has been used 2-3 times a day for 4 years and has been a really solid grinder - never had any problems with it and I think it was well worth the investment (it was about £400). It's very consistent, robust, and I like the fact it micro-adjusts.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    You can set the grind from eg coarse > fine then within that setting you can set another grind that goes from eg 1 - 10. You need to look at a pic. of the controls. Those Mazzers always get a good review but they are a semi-pro upwards grinder
    M.Rushton
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2010
    mrushton wrote:
    You can set the grind from eg coarse > fine then within that setting you can set another grind that goes from eg 1 - 10. You need to look at a pic. of the controls. Those Mazzers always get a good review but they are a semi-pro upwards grinder
    Ah, ok - as in stepless? (the Mini is stepless - i.e micro adjustable).
    I think the doserless Mini is more for home use - I can't really see a doserless grinder having a use in a commercial setting (might be wrong tho).

^^Edit to say not in a volume setting, anyway.
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    Was looking at a integrated model, £1000. You're having a laugh. :roll:

Drink water instead.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    At £1k you are considering a commercial model. Yes, a doserless machine as this allows more adjustment ie faffing
    M.Rushton
  • Was looking at a integrated model, £1000. You're having a laugh. :roll:

Drink water instead.

presume you mean a bean to cup machine? even so i have stayed in hotels that use £450 Delonghi BtoC machines perfectly adequately, so why spend a grand? If you want to tweak it,make it a hobby, then forget an integrated m/c, or even a grinder with a doser (leaves stale coffee in the machine which is ok for commercial high volume but crap at home). Get a decent ish machine, and a good domestic grinder and you can make some stunning coffee.