Thinking of getting some tattoo's...

1235»

Comments

• The key point that all the negative commentators are missing is whether they are visible or not when normally dressed.
    Despite my amazement at some of the vitriolic anti comments I do understand where they are coming from, someone covered in tattoos with a shaven head looks intimidating, and would indeed struggle to find a job where a lack of intimidation was critical. However, I suspect that many people myself included have one that is both discrete and invisible unless topless, and frankly that in itself outside of a swimming pool / beach is equally chavish / intimidating. I'm pleased with my tattoo, I am far from a chav, and you would never know I had one if I met you in the street.
    What is laughable is a general assumption that even to simply have one somehow makes you an 'underclass' or even moronic.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    DaSy wrote:
    Touche...

And fair does what?

It's wasted on him mate. He hasn't a clue what you mean.
  • DaSy wrote:
    Maybe it's all of you that are trying to 'fly under the radar' by being as bland and un-identifiable as possible that the Police should turn their attention to?
    no, I just don't want to join the conformist, conservative 'let's get a tattoo' brigade who think they're identifying themselves as a 'little bit keeerazy' when they're actually just joining the flock...baaaahhh!!!
  • Westerberg wrote:
    DaSy wrote:
    Maybe it's all of you that are trying to 'fly under the radar' by being as bland and un-identifiable as possible that the Police should turn their attention to?
    no, I just don't want to join the conformist, conservative 'let's get a tattoo' brigade who think they're identifying themselves as a 'little bit keeerazy' when they're actually just joining the flock...baaaahhh!!!

At least you reasons are sensible :)
  • jim453
    Westerberg wrote:
    DaSy wrote:

I was wondering when someone would chime in this rather pathetically obvious riposte. No one her is denying that tattoos aren't ubiquitous. We are only trying to assert the equally obvious fact that in today's society, having a tattoo does not necessarily imply criminality. I would think a more worthwhile barometer of moronic or criminal behaviour would be the inability to spell or use words in the correct context.
  • I was being slightly inflammatory - just for fun of course. Plenty of my friends have tats. But I do object to being called bland and conformist because I haven't got one - I'd rather be judged on the quality of my (tiny) mind thanks very much.
  • jim453 wrote:
    Westerberg wrote:
    DaSy wrote:

I was wondering when someone would chime in this rather pathetically obvious riposte. No one her is denying that tattoos aren't ubiquitous. We are only trying to assert the equally obvious fact that in today's society, having a tattoo does not necessarily imply criminality. I would think a more worthwhile barometer of moronic or criminal behaviour would be the inability to spell or use words in the correct context.

Oh the ironing. :wink:
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • jim453 wrote:
    Westerberg wrote:
    DaSy wrote:

WTF? Ooooh Mr Touchy!!! BAAAAA!!!!!
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Two nurses in a hospital. Ugly one say's, "That dirty old man, Mr Jones...I was giving him a bedbath, and I noticed he's got LUDO tattooed on his nob."

The pretty nurse say's "When I gave hime a bedbath, it read LLANDUNO..."
  • jim453
    Westerberg wrote:
    jim453 wrote:
    Westerberg wrote:
    DaSy wrote:

WTF? Ooooh Mr Touchy!!! BAAAAA!!!!!

I'm sure I deserved that, so fair enough. I stand by my point though.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Most people who have tattoos end up with heroin addictions.

That's a true fact that I haven't just made up.
  • jim453
    Again, fair enough. argument over.

Now where's my spoon.
  • johnfinch wrote:

True indeed, it was made up last year.... :wink:
  • finchy
    johnfinch wrote:

No, I was too busy last year to make stuff like this up. :wink:
  • johnfinch wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

I hope you will document its gestation in your memoirs, should be worth at least 3 chapters... :D
  • Any way all this Healthy debate, I've changed my mind. What tatoo do you all think i should get, nothing too expensive?
  • How about a full stop. Somewhere discrete, like on the end of your old boy? I'd like to see the naysayers mark you down in that top job interview for a tattoo there....
  • How about a full stop. Somewhere discrete, like on the end of your old boy? I'd like to see the naysayers mark you down in that top job interview for a tattoo there....

Ive got a tatoo there, very small writing. can't acyually read what it says, but it's inChinese so could be anything really.

:wink:
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    Westerberg wrote:
    I was being slightly inflammatory - just for fun of course. Plenty of my friends have tats. But I do object to being called bland and conformist because I haven't got one - I'd rather be judged on the quality of my (tiny) mind thanks very much.

At least your not being judged as a heroin addicted, knife-wielding imbecile for not having a tattoo, bland seems fairly tame.

I didn't accuse anyone of being conformist, just unidentifiable, as people seemed very concerned about how a tattoo makes you easy to pick out in a line-up; quite what they are all planning to get them into this line-up I'm not sure.
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • jim453
    So, what have we decided then?

I'm getting my eyeballs pierced just to be sure.
  • finchy
    johnfinch wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

I hope you will document its gestation in your memoirs, should be worth at least 3 chapters... :D

Memoirs are for losers. I'm going to write an opera about my life.
  • brin wrote:
    got arms tattooed years ago before all this new stuff came out,look a bit dated now. got 4 dragons on my back in last 3 years, 2 of which i got designed myself, so are unique, just be careful what parts of your body you get tattooed, you might regret it later, neck and face are definitely a no go.

Did you use the tattoist on Hylton Rd ( Think it was near the bottom end opposite cowies / by army cadets place)
    I had mine done in '89' and to be honest it is not as black as it was but I don't regeret it and would not sau no to another
    But imagine what a full sleeve looks like when your 70+
  • How about
    PLEASE
    PASS

on your right calf?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Have 'your name' tattooed on your arse :lol:

c07b8567.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Am I abit late in suggesting a black arc of a chain ring on the inside of your right calf?
  • 3leggeddog wrote:
    Am I abit late in suggesting a black arc of a chain ring on the inside of your right calf?

ha ha I got caught by mine the other day too and thought hmmmm... subtle but cool :)
  • 3leggeddog wrote:
    Am I abit late in suggesting a black arc of a chain ring on the inside of your right calf?

now that's a good one
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    3leggeddog wrote:

now that's a good one

Seen a few of those before...

tattooSY.jpg
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • I actually saw a guy in my local cycle surgery with a massive Specialized 'S' on his NECK!! I thought he worked there but oh no.. not that that would make it excusable!!