Bike after the crash.

13»

Comments

• Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    freehub wrote:
    Should I let the TIG welder have it?

Just seems hard to let the broken frame go, all those 14 months I've slaved over it keeping it clean, tweaking it, riding it, it's had some work go into it, and then it's wrote off.

I guess at least it was rode to destruction rather than being hit by a car or just fell apart against a wall.

Bin and take it on the chin. That's bike racing and remember to insure your next bike!
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    'Written off', not 'wrote off'.

Anyway, FWIW a friend of mine keeps all his motor racing 'trophies' - he has a room full of bent conrods, sheared halfshafts, exploded brake discs etc., so I'd probably keep it!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    freehub wrote:
    Should I let the TIG welder have it?

Just seems hard to let the broken frame go, all those 14 months I've slaved over it keeping it clean, tweaking it, riding it, it's had some work go into it, and then it's wrote off.

I guess at least it was rode to destruction rather than being hit by a car or just fell apart against a wall.

Bin and take it on the chin. That's bike racing and remember to insure your next bike!

What insurance do I want to get for crashing in a race?
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    the costs more than a new bike kind.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Your race insurance will prob.cost v.little thro'BCF but they may not cover the bike. Most insurance policies specifically exclude racing.Bike racing is dangerous in that stuff gets broken so insurance companies are going to load the premium bit like you getting eg Porsche 911 or a Toyota Yaris. Someone on here will advise but you have to accept that if your bike gets trashed racing then you will be out of pocket somewhere.

Oh and imo bin the frame after cutting it up. It's been stressed due to the crash and will fail. If it had been steel then you could prob.have got it repaired.
    M.Rushton
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    rake wrote:

About £10 /month actually for a £1500 bike.
    More problems but still living....
  • rake
    edited July 2010
    amaferanga wrote:
    rake wrote:

About £10 /month actually for a £1500 bike.
    i bet it doesnt cover racing, i bet its also an addon to a more expensive policy.
    melt the frame down into ingots, that way no one gets hurt. too many gits will simply just bend it straight and have no qualms about selling it for more than its worth.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    edited July 2010
    rake wrote:
    melt the frame down into ingots, that way no one gets hurt.

Liquid Al is hot, I bet Will would burn himself.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • rake
    make sure you wear some good gloves will and dont spill any.