Suitable turbo trainer

Road Red
Road Red Posts: 232
In my budget the Cycleops Magneto seems to be well recommended.
Is this a good trainer? Can it be set up to do grinding sessions to prepare for serious hill work?

Thanks

Comments

• I went for the Wind. It's simple, effective and feels reasonably 'road like' :)
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • I am currently selling a cycleops Mag+ turbo only used four times, still in box with the remote shifter.

Can do it for £85 if you're interested PM me.

gats
  • Got a second hand tacx flow for £150 from ebay - works really well, uber quiet and the power reading is pretty accurate - verified with a powermeter.

Wouldnt pay retail for one, but i cant fault it in anyway - if you find one second hand, snap it up.
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    I've got the Magneto, without the remote shifter. It works just fine using the gears on the bike. I rigged up my own remote shift with a long cable and a bar end shifter, but to be honest it wasn't any better - I prefer using the gears.
  • Parsnip49 wrote:
    Got a second hand tacx flow for £150 from ebay - works really well, uber quiet and the power reading is pretty accurate - verified with a powermeter.

Wouldnt pay retail for one, but i cant fault it in anyway - if you find one second hand, snap it up.

Yeah, I bought one of these a few months ago - really nice. Simple to setup and use - the resistance setting on the computer is great for doing interval work