Eurosport coverage

2»

Comments

• He and Boardman appear to have been on the same training programme in the intervenig years... :D Makes me wonder if I could beat him in a TT, now what a sad comedown that would be... :lol:
  • Kayt
    Kayt Posts: 17
    This is not really a question about the tv coverage, but don't know where else to post.
    If there are approximately 180 riders who started off at the beginning, why has Mr Millar got a number above 200 on his shirt?

Also why do the girls on the podium put the green/yellow/polka dot jerseys backwards onto the winners? :?
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    Each team has 9 members
    there was no 1 to 9 ( should have been worn by Landis)
    so the numbers started from 11

the jersey on the podium is just for the podium, so gets zipped up the back , for the sponsors name to be shown
  • Diogenes
    Diogenes Posts: 1,628
    I don't see the live bit just the highlights when I am subjected to Sean Kelly. Whilst I have the utmost respect for Sean's cycling achievements he can't commentate for toffee.

He is almost indecipherable and when he is he talks rubbish. His interruptions are actually worse than the adverts.

D :(
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    My mate was having lunch with Sean Kelly and David Harmon today when Sean got a phone call telling him about Vino!!! He's hoping to be in the Eurosport commentary box tomorrow. :)
    Still breathing.....
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Diogenes wrote:
    He is almost indecipherable and when he is he talks rubbish. His interruptions are actually worse than the adverts.

D :(

Eh? If he's indecipherable how do you know he's talking rubbish? He explains the tactics much better than anybody else. Yesterday he explained the logic of having a domestique in the break even when there are people in the break who are a threat to your leader. I've never heard anyone else put it so well. And a few minutes later the point was illustrated when Contador caught Hincapie on the last bit of the Peyresourde. Commentating at its finest.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>