Sean Yates on the forum

Comments

• Echappee
    In my mussette, not sure, anything if i was hungry, one time in the TDF a masseur put some lobsters in as a joke, i was not hungry that day. I used to drop back to the team car and take the Directeurs sandwiches once in a while, when i got fed up with eating cakes
    Sean
  • Alf
    I dont know, 39-27 should be enough. Last year we were scrambling around for all sorts then the climb was cancelled. We have 33 rings as well, maybe the non climbers
    will use them, although they did not really take to the compacts.
    Sean
  • Hi Sean,who do you think will win this years tour de france.I'd like to see Vinokourov win because they wouldn't let him ride last year.Cheers Sean
    PS Sean Kelly and yourself did one hell of a ride in the nissan
  • Brian
    They dont do much talking in the bunch, stages are much shorter, and tend to go from the gun, all very anti social.
    But good for us in the team car, it must have been hell in the old days, no tv, riders radio or ac
    Sean
  • Campagchris
    basso will win this year, its a done deal. He needs to so i have a job next year
    Sean
  • BrianS
    BrianS Posts: 112
    Sean

Do you have any regrets from your racing, sorry, pro days?

and

If you could go back to do it all again, what would you change if anything?

www.braveheartfund.com
  • [:D] there will always be work for you Sean[;)]
    Have you never thought about doing a book.Thanks again and all the best for the new season as vino is gonna hurt your mans legs[:D]
  • So....
    Will Lance (and you - if you job depends on it) stop Ivan riding the Giro then?

Alf Two Heads
    Alf Two Heads
  • Cougar
    Thanks
    Finest performance? Stage in the Tour of Spain, 88 Paris Nice, 87-91 stages in the Nissan. I wanted to go for the 24 hour tandem tt record this year, but decided it would probably kill me, so that will remain an unfulfilled ambition
    Sean
  • Sean,
    The Alps or the Pyrenees? Which is your favourite?
    Graham.
    Sean
  • Cyclingfury
    The Alps are nicer, but the Dolomites are better
    Sean
  • Brian
    Regrets, i wish i had been more serious, and turned pro 10 years later, then i would have made some money
    Sean
  • Sean,
    All my mates call me a sissy for riding a triple. I tell them that as a 50 year old I need the low gears to spin up hills but they still call me a big pansy. Please confirm that they have it all wrong, and I have been right all along...
    Sean
  • Cyclingfury
    ? I would never use a triple, but i say live and let live
    Sean
  • Alf
    I would never spend 5k on a bike. Shimano.180 cranks. Zipp 440 and a made to measure frame
    Sean
  • BrianS
    Sean

After travelling the world..

What would your favourite meal? Washed down with what?

www.braveheartfund.com
  • Superlight
    Hi, i train early when at the races, say 6 till 8, have breakfast and thats it. When at home i have more time, as for giving the boys a hard time, no way, they kill me when it goes uphill, on the flat i could hold my own for a while, but theses boys produce serious watts.
    And its getting harder each year, i say 44-45 is when you start to really notice that no matter what you do you are up against it
    sean
  • Brian
    Mexican food is my favorite, with plenty of red wine
    Sean
  • Bob
    George is out to win this year. it was not the mechanics fault, Trek has the answer to the question, its not something they like to talk about, as you can imagine
    Sean
  • Kizzy
    Hi, thanks
    not sure i understand the question?
    sean
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    Sean,

You still ride with your brake hoods really low down the bars? And why did/do you ride them so low?
    Notice a lot of the guys are riding with them a lot higher up the bars, i assume for some extra leverage..

I personally always like the stretched position so don't have them too high.

Also, how does your desending compare now to the days when you were riding pro?
  • Dave 1
    Hi, i hated school, the Steiner school made life easier for me because there was less pressure, no exams and stuff like that.
    The most important trait for a pro bike rider is a lot of determination and a strong constitution.
    Sean
  • BrianS
    Final question Sean [:)]

You have been to many places in the world. Where in the world would you like to visit that you have not already visited? And would you take the bike?

www.braveheartfund.com
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sean Yates</i>

Dave 1
    Hi, i hated school, the Steiner school made life easier for me because there was less pressure, no exams and stuff like that.
    The most important trait for a pro bike rider is a lot of determination and a strong constitution.
    Sean
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks for answering that Sean. My nephew went to Steiner and the year book listed you as famous alumini, so I was curious...must have been good for you.
  • Did you ever have to give Lance Armstrong a verbal bo##ocking and if so, what was it about and how did he take it?
  • Brian S
    Maldives sounds nice, not many roads out there so i dont think i would bother taking my bike, it would be a once in a lifetime trip i reckon
    See ya
    Sean
  • aarw
    Hi, my levers are always a source of amusement at the team, i have always had them like that, it looks a bit dodgy, but who cares. Going downhill now is not my job so i just take it easy
    Saen
  • Echappe
    Yes, i gave him a couple, he took it ok, it was he was either going to fast or not fast enough, we still talk about it.
    Sean