FAO MOD's

2»

Comments

• You're obviously taking some time carefully wording your explanation. Perhaps this extract from the letter sent to all 20 premiership clubs by the Premier league last month may help you:

At no point were West Ham United charged with playing an ineligible player
    - both (Carlos) Tevez and (Javier) Mascherano were registered on August 31.

All the required documentation was received by the Premier League and the usual
    confirmations received and sent. Registration is definitive as to the status of
    the player. At no time has Mr Tevez's registration been revoked or terminated
    and at all times he has been eligible to play for West Ham.''

::``The Independent Commission was...convened strictly in accordance with the
    rules as agreed by all member clubs. Its chair, Simon Bourne-Arton QC, acted
    very promptly and properly, laying out directions for the hearing in the
    shortest possible timescale.''

::''The Independent Commission carried its work out fully in accordance with
    our rules, having adopted practices entirely consistent with formal judicial
    proceedings. In reaching their decision the Independent Commission clearly
    considered the matter very carefully and did not deliver an irrational or
    extreme judgement and delivered the sanction that only they (having considered
    the matter fully and in light of copious evidence) deemed to be proportionate
    and appropriate.''

::``The media, and of course those aggrieved by the decision, have analysed
    the seven reasons given by the Independent Commission for not deducting points
    and concentrated on those that to them seem the least convincing. However, there
    are others that have a less convenient truth, particularly the one that says
    'had the club in time made disclosure of the third party contracts to the FAPL,
    then, in all probability, contracts could have been entered into which would not
    have offended the rules'.''

::``The League could not function if other clubs could effectively intervene
    in an attempt to overturn decisions not to their liking.''

::``Given the complexities around this, we would ask you to step back from the
    detail and consider the matter in more general terms:

1. Tevez has been properly registered to play for West Ham United since 31
    August 2006. The Board, under our Rules, is charged with the authority to
    determine this.

2. He continues to be registered with West Ham United.

3. This is a case without precedent and certainly cannot be compared with
    Clubs who have played unregistered players or players ineligible through
    suspension.

4. ``On 26 April West Ham United admitted to breaches of Rules B13 and U18 -
    for which they have been fined in accordance with our Rules.

5. ``The offending third party agreement has been terminated by West Ham
    United and therefore they are not continuing to be in breach.''

HTH

Malt 4

Orange P7 - current rebuild

Deliverance
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Capt. Jon</i>

You know, the EPL not docking you points because it wouldn't be fair to the fans.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Whoever said they <b>had</b> to dock points? Perhaps you should check the rules.

We did have a record fine (œ5.5m).

Malt 4

Deliverance
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    I do notice it's only Sheff Utd that actually care now. Strange that

http://www.flickr.com/photos/guilliano/
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I do notice it's only Sheff Utd that actually care now. Strange that<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sheffield United <b>and</b> Capt Jon, guillano.

Dave Whelan couldn't even be bothered to go to the Premier League meeting as he preferred to holiday in Barbados.

Hopefully someone will set fire to his face while he sunbathes.

Malt 4

Deliverance
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can't understand Newcastle selling Parker, Decent player for them, looks like they are going to bring in Joey 'Mad Dog' Barton, wouldn't have that nutter any where near my team. Also heard they are looking at Reo Coker, don't think either of these are as good as parker

<center><font color="red">Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.</font id="red"></center>
    <center>My Pic's & Stuff</center>
  • Capt. Jon
    Capt. Jon Posts: 2,202
    I got the same letter.

It doesn't matter what the rules state, the punishment didn't fit the crime and is a clear breech of natural justice. The current outcome is that cheats prosper and you can break the rules if you have the cash.

Plus there is still no evidence the contract for Tevez has been cancelled.

TyMBR

Support the UK bike industry
    If you don't like what i've posted assume there is a winking smilie next to it you simpleton ;-)
    TyMBR

- Support the UK bike industry -
    "You don't get that at trail centres"
  • guilliano
    WE don't need evidence. The FA are convinced and that's all that matters. They may not always be right (Sven, Ginger McSven, Keegan) but they run the game, not us.

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I got the same letter.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Either you are a premier league club or you really do care about this, Jon.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It doesn't matter what the rules state, the punishment didn't fit the crime and is a clear breech of natural justice. The current outcome is that cheats prosper and you can break the rules if you have the cash.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The rules state what punishments are available and they enforced that. Before signing Ashton in January 2006 our biggest signing wasn't as large as that fine. Did you bleat as much as this when Tottenham were fined rather than docked points back in the 90s for making illegal payments as the offences were committed under a previous board (like us), or when Chelsea were fined a pittance for tapping up Ashley Cole? The precedence was set with the Tottenham case, and followed in this example.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Plus there is still no evidence the contract for Tevez has been cancelled.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Apart from both parties stating that the contract was torn up, of course.

Malt 4

Deliverance
  • Capt. Jon
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scott mcavennie</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I got the same letter.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Either you are a premier league club or you really do care about this, Jon.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Anyone who complained or asked questions of the EPL about it got the letter.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It doesn't matter what the rules state, the punishment didn't fit the crime and is a clear breech of natural justice. The current outcome is that cheats prosper and you can break the rules if you have the cash.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The rules state what punishments are available and they enforced that. Before signing Ashton in January 2006 our biggest signing wasn't as large as that fine. Did you bleat as much as this when Tottenham were fined rather than docked points back in the 90s for making illegal payments as the offences were committed under a previous board (like us), or when Chelsea were fined a pittance for tapping up Ashley Cole? The precedence was set with the Tottenham case, and followed in this example.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

On Spurs - if i were old enough at the time to understand it i probably would have.
    On Chelsea - yes i was annoyed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Plus there is still no evidence the contract for Tevez has been cancelled.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Apart from both parties stating that the contract was torn up, of course.

Judge - Dr Shipman, did you kill those people?
    Dr Shipman - No
    Judge - Fair enough, next case.

Someone stating they have done/not done something isn't evidence.

We aren't going to add anything to what has already be said. I think the EPL should have gone further, you don't. I don't think either of us will change our minds.

TyMBR

If you don't like what i've posted assume there is a winking smilie next to it you simpleton ;-)
    TyMBR

• Capt. Jon
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by guilliano</i>

WE don't need evidence. The FA are convinced and that's all that matters. They may not always be right (Sven, Ginger McSven, Keegan) but they run the game, not us.

My GOD!

TyMBR

TyMBR

• guilliano
    What? A breach of regulations is hardly akin to mass murder! There was no trial by jury as there is in a murder case, the FA Premier League have an independant panel to decide on these matters and they did, just as the judicial system brings in independant jurors to rule on cases, and they do. It's not for US to say if it's right or wrong. We are entitled to our opinions, but we can't overturn the decision, just as we can't overturn OJ's jury decision no matter how guilty we believe (or not) him to be.

• guilliano
    Would you like every red card for a Pompey player overturned just cos you don't like them too??? I'm sure that can be arranged if you want to complain. Oh wait, it can't cos the authority running the game have made a decision

• Capt. Jon
    oh...my...God...

TyMBR

TyMBR

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Apart from both parties stating that the contract was torn up, of course.

Judge - Dr Shipman, did you kill those people?
    Dr Shipman - No
    Judge - Fair enough, next case.

Someone stating they have done/not done something isn't evidence.

Erm, its a contract. If <b>both</b> parties agree that a cointract is null and void, it is just that, null and void. There is no evidence required. I don't want to have to explain that again.
    Anyone who complained or asked questions of the EPL about it got the letter.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Please tell me you weren't bothered about this enough to contact the FA???

The fact of the matter is that we were punished by the letter of the law (so to speak), and had Sheffield United played better football, or had not fielded weakened teams against Man Utd they may have stayed up.

They didn't. They weren't good enough, and that's tough on their supporters but that's football. We were the better side (we were the best team in the league over the last 9 games) and so we quite rightly stayed up.

I am also surprised at your earlier comment that championship football doesn't count as its not "real football" when you must have spent most of your life in the lower leagues. Or did you only start supporting Pompey when they joined the PL?

Malt 4

Deliverance
  • Capt. Jon
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scott mcavennie</i>Please tell me you weren't bothered about this enough to contact the FA???<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No, but i did contact the EPL. I care about football and expressed my view of the situation. Fortunately not everyone is Guilliano and willing to let things pass without questioning them.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scott mcavennie</i>The fact of the matter is that we were punished by the letter of the law (so to speak), and had Sheffield United played better football, or had not fielded weakened teams against Man Utd they may have stayed up.

They didn't. They weren't good enough, and that's tough on their supporters but that's football. We were the better side (we were the best team in the league over the last 9 games) and so we quite rightly stayed up.

I am also surprised at your earlier comment that championship football doesn't count as its not "real football" when you must have spent most of your life in the lower leagues. Or did you only start supporting Pompey when they joined the PL?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It was a joke ffs

TyMBR

TyMBR

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">No, but i did contact the EPL. I care about football and expressed my view of the situation<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm sorry, but that is really sad.

IMO of course.

Malt 4

Deliverance
  • Anonymous
    Agreed, its only football FFS

<center><font color="red">Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.</font id="red"></center>
  • Capt. Jon
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scott mcavennie</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">No, but i did contact the EPL. I care about football and expressed my view of the situation<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm sorry, but that is really sad.

IMO of course.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Why is it sad?

Is there nothing you care about enough to get involved?

TyMBR

TyMBR

• Getting so het up about a subject that doesn't really concern you, you obviously know so little about, that you feel the need to write to the Premier League.

Its just sad.

No offence, like.

Malt 4

Deliverance
  • Capt. Jon

Getting so het up about a subject that doesn't really concern you, you obviously know so little about, that you feel the need to write to the Premier League.

Its just sad.

No offence, like.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

How does it not concern me? As a fan of football and a supporter of a Premier League club it does concern me (literally).
    Know so little about? Just because i have a different interpretation to you doesn't mean i don't understand the situation.

I'll ask again, is there nothing you feel strongly about, nothing you are passionate about you'd want to get involved if you felt there was a wrong committed? The Iraq war? Climate change? Sale of school playing fields? Local planning issues? Injustice?

If the answer is no then that really is sad.

TyMBR

TyMBR

• Anonymous
    He has to be joking!!

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just because i have a different interpretation to you doesn't mean i don't understand the situation<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You proved that you don't understand the situation in this thread Jon. Asking for proof that two parties mutually agree to terminate a contract, despite both parties stating taht they have done so is a prime example.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">is there nothing you feel strongly about, nothing you are passionate about you'd want to get involved if you felt there was a wrong committed? The Iraq war? Climate change? Sale of school playing fields? Local planning issues? Injustice?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Please tell me that you are not comparing Sheffield United not being good enough to stay in the premier league to the Iraq war?

That would <b>really</b> be sad.

Malt 4

Deliverance
  • Capt. Jon

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just because i have a different interpretation to you doesn't mean i don't understand the situation<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You proved that you don't understand the situation in this thread Jon. Asking for proof that two parties mutually agree to terminate a contract, despite both parties stating taht they have done so is a prime example.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">is there nothing you feel strongly about, nothing you are passionate about you'd want to get involved if you felt there was a wrong committed? The Iraq war? Climate change? Sale of school playing fields? Local planning issues? Injustice?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Please tell me that you are not comparing Sheffield United not being good enough to stay in the premier league to the Iraq war?

That would <b>really</b> be sad.

Of course not.

TyMBR

TyMBR

• guilliano
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Capt. Jon</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scott mcavennie</i>Please tell me you weren't bothered about this enough to contact the FA???<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No, but i did contact the EPL. I care about football and expressed my view of the situation. Fortunately not everyone is Guilliano and willing to let things pass without questioning them.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scott mcavennie</i>The fact of the matter is that we were punished by the letter of the law (so to speak), and had Sheffield United played better football, or had not fielded weakened teams against Man Utd they may have stayed up.

I am also surprised at your earlier comment that championship football doesn't count as its not "real football" when you must have spent most of your life in the lower leagues. Or did you only start supporting Pompey when they joined the PL?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It was a joke ffs

TyMBR

'scuse me??? Fortunately everyone is not Guilliano??? Letting things pass without questioning??? You pompous SOB!

Fact: Tevez and Macherrano were eligable to play for West Ham

Fact: All clubs coming into the Premiership agree to abide by the rules and disciplinary codes they set

Fact: An IN-DE-PEND-ANT (for Jon who is obviously unable to understand this point) panel sat in judgement

Fact: They ruled in a manner they saw fit with regards to the breach of regulations

Fact: The Premiership rules state that the decision is final

• Capt. Jon
    You make me laugh.

TyMBR

TyMBR

• corrie
    corrie Posts: 1,121
    Anyway back to the real subject of Newcsatle's return to 'glory'

Glory meaning winning a couple of games in a row and me not having to think 'oh God, hear we go again' at away matches
    Thanks for the info on the 'irons' name, never heard of it before.

See you next season[:)]

Mmmmmmm Muffins......

NUFC
    TyMBR
    My bike
    My album
    Mmmmmmm Muffins......

NUFC
    TyMBR
    My bike
    My album
  • West Ham's original name was Thames Ironworks - they were an Ironworks team and that is where the original rivalry with Millwall started (Millwall were scabbers during the strikes).

Hence the nickname 'The Irons' - the crossed hammers are shipbuilders hammers.

Malt 4

Deliverance
  • corrie
    corrie Posts: 1,121
    Never ever heard that before.

Must try and get down for next seasons away game as I missed the last couple of seasons and missed Owen's goals( sorry to mention it but I have to share a season ticket and haven't seen him kick a bloody ball yet at home).

Do like the trips to the 'big smoke' for a match

Good luck for next season and let me know if you come up to Newcastle for the match

Mmmmmmm Muffins......

NUFC
    TyMBR
    My bike
    My album
    Mmmmmmm Muffins......

NUFC
    TyMBR
    My bike
    My album