ladybower, peaks, the beast, sat 2nd june

Unknown
edited June 2007 in Routes
hi
out again sat meet 9 - 9.30 at fairholmes visitor centre 30k or so whos out so far its just me [:)]

Comments

• gary_fisher3
    gary_fisher3 Posts: 3,466
    Count me in.

Although I will be parking just up the road (same place as last time) and riding down to fairholmes.

I can't see the point of paying œ4 to save a 2min ride.
  • hi gf3
    me to but its just easier 2 meet at fairholmes cheers
  • gary_fisher3
    I think I've probably just confused everyone.

Meeting 9:00 - 9:30 by the Cafe at Fairholmes visitors center. A few of us will be parking just up the road instead; but we will still be meeting up at the cafe.
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 300
    I might join you it depends if I wake up as I'm snowboarding the night before so won't be back till late. So we'll see.
  • wezwmb
    wezwmb Posts: 5
    See you there 9 - 9.30 it is !

I think Sidey will be back off holiday, If not then It's just me
  • trio will be nice 2 cu again what bout the lovely kate[:)]
    wez i will make sure im on time this week cheers
  • trio25
    Kate is working! Fortunetly she is not injuired this weekend.
  • ok
    no worries how bout u r u out sat as well as 2moro with gf3
    hey gf3 finally put the stumpy on ebay and the magura fork
  • gary_fisher3
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">hey gf3 finally put the stumpy on ebay<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Sorry to hear that. I know you never got on with it; but I rather liked it, quirks and all. (And no, I wont be bidding!)

I don't know if Trio managed 100miles today. I tried but only managed a mere 60. It was just too wet and too cold for me (And I was missing my road bike / mud-guards). I had to stop two or three times to empty my socks!
  • trio25
    I didn't even try I went for a run as for some reason I've signed up to do a 10k so thought I should start training and then did a short ride this evening.

Kate is joining us tomorrow gf3.

Stevie I'm still not sure about saturday depends on how tired I am.
  • ok trio
    ssh how about u r u out
  • gary_fisher3
    I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is Kate is joining us on Saturday.
    The bad news is we're going to have to start a bit earlier because she's got to get back early. Can we try and get to the Cafe ready to ride at 9:00??

Trio; You could always have a few extra minutes in bed then join us half way around?
  • trio25
    We'll see, I'm tired after this mornings ride. Think I might need the sleep.
  • gary_fisher3
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> We'll see, I'm tired after this mornings ride. Think I might need the sleep.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I should think so, running and riding yesterday!

BTW Thanks ever so much for the ride today.
  • ssh
    ssh Posts: 70
    Hey all

Not gonna make it stevie, house building!!

Hey trio, where do you go snowbarding, intrigued?
    Be realistic...dream the impossible!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7692440@N04/show/
  • Hi guys i may be bale to make it on sat.....is the beast hard? Dalby red route is about my limit so if its harder than that then i may struggle. thanks
  • trio25
    It was a good ride, my legs are tired today.

ssh - going over to Castleford, indoor snow slope tonight.
  • trio25
    Breast is hard but it's a nice walk and GF3 will keep you company if you want to walk it. I haven't done the Dalby red but from what I've heard it's hard, that's from people who can ride the beast, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • hi trio
    what breast is hard [:D]
  • trio25
    I need to learn to type!
  • gary_fisher3
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and GF3 will keep you company if you want to walk it. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks Trio. Thats it, i'm determined to ride it now.
  • good luck gf3
    although john and myself did clear last w/end and it was v wet so theres hope 4 u yet[:)]
  • trio25
    I'm sure you could ride down it gf3, I don't think there is a cheats route on the beast though!
  • gary_fisher3
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by trio25</i>

I'm sure you could ride down it gf3, I don't think there is a cheats route on the beast though!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

And after I was so nice to you [V][:I]
    Enjoy your snow boarding.

p.s. I've packed the single speed bits; if you're not out I will hand them to Kate.
  • trio25
    I've just said you could ride down it!

You get down the hills a lot faster than I do anyway. If I was there I wouldn't get down without stopping.

Oh yes snowboarding, better go change the racks on the car.
  • gary_fisher3
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Hi guys i may be bale to make it on sat.....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Nice to have you along. I'm sure you'll 'tame the beast'.
    We're setting off from Fairholmes cafe at 9;00!

StevieJ, I haven't been able to get in contact with rob (wes). If you've got his number can you tell him about the earlier start time? He's normally there before 9:00 anyway!
  • wezwmb
    wezwmb Posts: 5
    gf3,

no problem I've just spoke with sidey we will be ready to roll at 9
  • ok mate
    will do he said he would be out
  • Sidey
    Sidey Posts: 183
    Hi kiddie's
    oh yes I am out
  • gary_fisher3
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">oh yes I am out<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nice one, I take you'll be bringing the correct bike this time!