rides in the liverpool area

drewbear
drewbear Posts: 23
edited June 2007 in Routes
Hi
I have just moved into the liverpool area, Formby to be exact. I am looking for any desent rides around here, its quite flat but I can travel about an hour away,(not to far at the moment as we have a new baby, but i like to get out on the odd weekend if I can! Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Cheers....Drew Bear

Comments

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Coed Llandegla and Delamere forest are probably the nearest of the manmade places, and I guess would both be an 1hr ish away.

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Timmywmb
    Timmywmb Posts: 131
    Hey Drewbear...

I live just down the bypass in Crosby...

Like Ratty says, llandegla & delamere are my usual spots, but i do plan to get over to Rivington soon aswell, which again is about an hour from us!

If you fancy a lil local leg stretch alone leeds/liverpool, costal path, let me know :-)

Tim
  • ratty2k
    My gran and my mother were from Crosby. Rivi is somewhere I want to have a look at as well. I'll have a word with Proximo tomorrow and see if we can organise something.....

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• Timmywmb
    Well up for it buddy! :-)
  • ratty2k
    Ok if we get some people together we'll post under 'Cheshire gang' and lets see if we can get a group of riders together. We'll try and stay on topic, tho' if you've read any of our other posts I cant promise it! LOL

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• Timmywmb
    Ill keep my eyes peeled buddy!

Can only do weekends though! :-)
  • ratty2k
    Weekends a bit tight for me with work commitments, but should be able to sort something out. I'll keep you posted.

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• Bazmati
    Bazmati Posts: 26
    i'm up for a Rivi meet up its only 20mins from me.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    I'm up for that....... i know rivington quite well, been riding around there on and off for the last 10 years

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7282897@N03/

www.groovytribe.co.uk
  • ratty2k
    Ahh good a guide!! Whats the length (ish) of the route/s around Rivi? Just debating on whether I'd have time after work? I guess I would, as tonights been good for the light.... and I can finish work at 3.30 be there for round 5 ish...

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• big_p
    i know a good 16 miler....... when are you thinking of doing it

www.groovytribe.co.uk
  • ratty2k
    Sorry big p, missed this.... errr on the Tuesday after the bank holiday round 6 ish... beenlooking for where to meet up but nowt's popped up yet? 29th?

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• big_p
    the road up to the top barn would be my first choice, see map http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=5 ... .5619|16|4 on the ring road looking bit just above the r in rivington......... if that makes any sence

www.groovytribe.co.uk
  • big_p
    i cant get the map to show the bit i want, just zoom in 3 clicks and you'll see what i mean.

www.groovytribe.co.uk
  • ratty2k
    Can you do it the old fashioned way and give me a grid ref? Cant see what you mean on Multimap? Going up sheephouse lane?

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• big_p
    you want to park at sd 628 144. as you come across the reservoir you want to turn right instead of going up sheephouse lane, about 1/4 mile after the right turn take the first proper road on the left, not the dirt track. then just park on that road

www.groovytribe.co.uk
  • ratty2k
    Brilliant! 6pm it is then! I'll be in touch (pm) with my mobile No. ANd be in contact nearer the time!

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• ratty2k
    Well, theres me. Hoping Proximo and serx72 and his mate will be going. Also hoping one of the lads I normally ride with will go, he was on about going on that tuesday anyway.... 5 I would hope for......?

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• SerX72
    SerX72 Posts: 76
    Finish work at 5:30 on that Tuesday, so wouldn't make it for 6.

Reckon it will take 45-60mins from Runcorn ? , so 6:30 i could get there for. I'll check the Team calendar tomorrow & see what I can do...
  • big_p
    i could make it for 6 but 6;30 would be better, the ride i'm thinking of is about 2.5 hours so it would be light enough to set off at 6.30. plus my missus would be able to make it if we set of at that time

www.groovytribe.co.uk
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 300
    Can anyone join in? I live the other side of Bolton and quite fancy this.
  • ratty2k
    6.30's fine by me....

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• Bazmati
    Bazmati Posts: 26
    hi guys i'm up for next tuesday, mind if i join you.
  • drewbear
    Hi Tim

Thanks for replying sorry It took so long to reply only got chance to look at forum today, been away eith work and a new baby make for hectic life.
    Would like to go out for ride when I get thechance, I am away for the wit holiday but should be avaible any weekend injune. keep me posted of any rides and I'll try and get to them, would be good to go out with other people instead of self.

Cheers....Drew Bear
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Timmy</i>

Hey Drewbear...

I live just down the bypass in Crosby...

Like Ratty says, llandegla & delamere are my usual spots, but i do plan to get over to Rivington soon aswell, which again is about an hour from us!

If you fancy a lil local leg stretch alone leeds/liverpool, costal path, let me know :-)

Tim
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • ratty2k
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bazmati</i>

hi guys i'm up for next tuesday, mind if i join you.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've no objections![:D] More the merrier.

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• Timmywmb
    Damn i play footy on Tuesdays :-(

Drewbear! Just bring this post back up when you want to organise something! im quite flexible :-)
  • proximo
    proximo Posts: 785
    yo dooooooods! its ME!.......PROXIMO! looks like we'll have a hoot! ratty, if you contact me soon
    we'll meet on the tuesday somewhere on the way and i'll follow you up there!

he who dares wins!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7357821@N06/
  • drewbear
    chhers tim

will do.