Llandegla

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well, me and me best mate are heading there this weekend, on rainy sunday probably.
    Trouble is, my bike's having it's swingarm fixed in the shop, and my mate hasn't got his bike yet.
    He's demoing a rocky ridge, and I'm probably going to have to hire one of the Konas when I get to Llandegla!

Might bump into a few of you on sunday.
  • Dave_coupe
    Dave_coupe Posts: 8
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Xres72</i>

Didn't make it out for a ride this evening [:(!] , so will be heading there straigh from work tomorrow, will be there around 5..if anyone's about you're welcome to join me..

Or will be returning next Wednesday evening....
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Can you let us know if the red run is fully open or if the diversion is still in place, was planning to do a timed run on the red route on Sunday.
  • Daniel23
    Daniel23 Posts: 75
    Hello,

I would love to get involved in thease rides in Llandegla, my only worry is im pretty much a begginer so i wouldnt wana get hurt lol! would you be looking to do the advanced trail? does anybody fancy going around the bigginers route??

The New Guy
    The New Guy
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    if i were to go, it would be the advanced route, PLUS the black runs. a ride itsnt a good ride without getting some air time.

<b><font color="red"> MON BICI!!
    myspaz</b></font id="red">
  • Dave_coupe
    The red run is more about fitness than bike skills, provided you don't go daft there is nothing to really worry you on the red run.

You can bypass the logs by going straight on and following the stream and don't do the red bit at the end as this is a little bit more challenging particularly as you may be a bit tired by then. Just make sure your brakes work and don't try to be clever and you'll be OK.

To be honest most of the Black runs are rollable, the danger at Llandegla comes from over confidence.
  • Xres72
    Xres72 Posts: 1
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave_coupe</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Xres72</i>

Didn't make it out for a ride this evening [:(!] , so will be heading there straigh from work tomorrow, will be there around 5..if anyone's about you're welcome to join me..

Or will be returning next Wednesday evening....

Can you let us know if the red run is fully open or if the diversion is still in place, was planning to do a timed run on the red route on Sunday.

Diversion is still there and is very very muddy and slippy, had a good ride round tonight, did the Red & the middle bit of black.
  • Turismo69
    Turismo69 Posts: 13
    Hi all,

Went to Llandegla for the first time today, and totally loved it. I did the Red route with all the black sections thrown in, it was really good, there is a diversion in place at the back end of the red route, it was really muddy and very slippery. I thought shop and cafe were excellent, and I sure was glad of the bike wash. Great place to ride and will be back again real soon.

Take care all

Owen
  • anto164
    you went today? it was pishing it down 20 miles away.. (i work 20 mile away from llandegla)

<b><font color="red"> MON BICI!!
    myspaz</b></font id="red">
  • Turismo69
    Turismo69 Posts: 13
    I must have been lucky , got there at 10.00 and left at 12.30, not a spot of rain, there had been a fair bit of rain as the tracks where very wet in places.
    As far as times go I did the red route with all the black in 1hr 20 mins, how would this time rate.

Take care all

Owen
  • Xres72
    1hr 20 !, wow what did you have for breakfast[:D]

First time i did all the black it took around 2 hours with no diversions set-up (not sure what the diversion does to lap times?)

Went round on Friday and just did the middle bit of Black, took me approx 1hr 30mins , was pleased with that in the very wet & muddy conditions.
  • Dave_coupe
    We did the red and the new blacks, then carried on up offa dyke path to come down the blue (11.5 miles) took about 1hr 30min, mind you my lads only just eight and it was his first time on a new bike (was getting used to the gears - SRAM)
  • Xres72
    Anyone up for an early one on Saturday ? , I'll be there for around 9
  • Leanne79
    Leanne79 Posts: 29
    Hi Daniel23. I'm pretty much a beginner. I'd be happy to start doing the easier one to start off with if you fancy it. I work shifts so am not always free, but sure something could be sorted.
  • tns
    tns Posts: 0
    Im a beginner to and so far been doing the family route. I usually take a friends 10 year old son with me. I would be quite happy to try the easier options lol
  • hi not that fit myself but can manage black in around 2-1/2hrs with my kid sister as the pacemaker(feels like i need one after)live 30min away work in wrexham regular but usually only have time weekends at moment as my horses exercise taking first prioriy.
  • dazccp
    dazccp Posts: 8
    check out www.mtbwales.co.uk this site is for local riders wrexham area you should find somebody onthere
  • Sev101
    Sev101 Posts: 56
    HI there we go every sunday - there is a growing group of us including 5 lady riders so if you would like to join us let me know - sometimes go mid week as well wednesday - thursday night possibly but tends to be just the boys then - still more than welcome
  • anto164
    Second to last time i did the black, i got all the blacks and the red done, all the way round in about 1 hour 40ish. but the time after that, i had a major off on the last black, taking all the skin off my knee. that meant that it took me 2 hrs for the blacks, as i couldnt ride from the last black much.
  • Sev101
    done everything bar the black so far - is the black technical or just quick / flowing? hearing different stories depending on who you speak to - am ok with bike skills just a little nervy on drop off's and stuff and heard there is a super hugh bit of north shore - can you bypass that or do you have to ride it? - getting used to being back on a bike again after some serious number of years away - usually get round the red in about 1.40 mins but have not done for a while as Mrs me just starting so been doing the blue - have done the blue on my own in about 54 mins think it was - nearly killed meself!! :twisted:
  • anto164
    Sev101 wrote:
    done everything bar the black so far - is the black technical or just quick / flowing? hearing different stories depending on who you speak to - am ok with bike skills just a little nervy on drop off's and stuff and heard there is a super hugh bit of north shore - can you bypass that or do you have to ride it? - getting used to being back on a bike again after some serious number of years away - usually get round the red in about 1.40 mins but have not done for a while as Mrs me just starting so been doing the blue - have done the blue on my own in about 54 mins think it was - nearly killed meself!! :twisted:

the blacks on the down are flowy and fast, i nearly lost my front end a few times down there, some super tight berms and steep bits. its not really that technical, more fun. you can do it all slow or fast, up to you. There are a few parts that are quite difficult, i.e the big ride (push) up the hill at the end of the second black there are a few 'north shore' bits, ones reasonably high, but quite wide, all being easy. the one bit of north shore style bit is the last planked section, where its not smooth, its mega bumpy. all the drops and jumps that are on the black are rollable, so theres no problems with nerves. just take your time, and dont exceed your skills (and make sure your bike is working properly) then you're fine.
  • skitz
    skitz Posts: 44
    Sev101 wrote:
    HI there we go every sunday - there is a growing group of us including 5 lady riders so if you would like to join us let me know - sometimes go mid week as well wednesday - thursday night possibly but tends to be just the boys then - still more than welcome

I'm new to MTB and looking forward to going to Llandegla pretty soon (live near Wrexham)...would you be OK for a slightly unfit newcomer to join you sometime in the next few weeks?
  • Sev101
    Anto - Cheers for the insight - just wanted to make sure not getting in too deep too quick if you know what I mean!!

Skitz - More than welcome to Join us - Usually go on a Sunday morning aim for around 09.45 start - we are going saturday this week though cause we all having a booze up saturday night which may not be ideal to whizzing around llandegla after that lot!!!

Let me know and we can sort something :)