Forum home Mountain biking forum Routes, rides and holidays MTB rides

Llandegla

Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
edited July 2007 in MTB rides
Hi. Just wondering if there are many regulars who go to Llandegla riding? Not majorly fit at the mo, but getting there, when fitter, it'd be nice to join up with people who go there. Not got bike rack at the mo, but only live five miles away (to get there I have all the hills tho!). Planning on getting rack and aiming to bike there soon to see how I get on! If anyone interested and wants to join me sometime we could make a date in the future (enough time for the fitness to increase!) Thanks leanne
«1

Posts

  • El CapitanoEl Capitano Posts: 13,671
    I've ridden there 3 times this year - is that a regular?

    I'll be there again in mid June, but most likely a mid-week evening ride. I'll post something on here when I know the date.

    [:D]

    <hr noshade size="1"><b><center><font size="1"><font color="blue">Team</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Cake</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Official</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Rider</font id="blue">
    ><font color="green"><b>Lama Cycles</font id="green"></b><font color="green"> <i>"Attitude with Spit"</i></font id="green"> <</font id="size1">
    Official Forum Legend 2006 & 2007</b></center>
  • Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
    Ok, thanks. That'd be great.
  • Xres72Xres72 Posts: 1
    Try and get there twice a week, usually mid week in the evenings, also trying to get my fitness levels up and enjoy the riding at Llandegla.

    Usually depends what time I get away from work (Runcorn)that decides if I go to Delamere or Llandegla. Aim to start at around 18:00-18:30, wouldn't mind meeting up with others (Delamere or Llandegla).

    Does anyone understand the opening times at Llandegla in the evenings, there's several signs posted all with different closing times, so I tend to park outside the gates (still buy a car park ticket though), just in case the gates are locked when I've finished my ride, as they were last Friday.
  • Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
    It'd be great to meet up with others. I'd really enjoy that. Aiming to get a bike rack in June so I wouldn't have to bike there, then do a trail! Meeting up sometime would be great.
  • Turismo69Turismo69 Posts: 13
    Hello Guy's

    Let me know when you all plan to to go to Llandegla, I would'nt mind tagging along, have'nt been there yet. It would be great fun to ride with others.

    Cheers

    Owen
  • anto164anto164 Posts: 3,500
    oooh, i'd like to hit llandegla, had a drive up there the other day, popped in the shop, had a breif walk round, looks good..

    WE NEED A CAKEFEST.

    That is all.

    Stu, do you ride the black runs? hit the jumps at walking pace, trying to get the least amount of air possible?

    P.S leanne. im guessing you're female, so its a case of nekkedpixplz.

    <b><font color="red"> MON BICI!!
    myspaz</b></font id="red">
  • Xres72Xres72 Posts: 1
    Should be there straight from work tonight, prob around 18:30....

    May go to Delamere instead though, depends If I can get away from work on time.

    Will definitely be at Llandegla Thurs eve from 18:00 if anyones interested in a scoot round ?
  • Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
    I am female yes, and no can do anto 164 [;)]!. Been looking at dates for June. Saturday 2nd June?? Obviously doesn't have to be that date, can have a banter about it.
  • Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
    Or a Sunday, I suppose some people may work Saturdays. I can do 3rd, 10th and 24th June (all Sundays)
  • El CapitanoEl Capitano Posts: 13,671
    2nd of June is a no-no for me (and a few of the regular 'Cakers'). Not sure if there will be another Cakefest until after SITS in Aug - too busy doing proper training

    Yes, I do the black runs, and unfortunately my bike does leave the ground on occasions. Although it was just part of the 'normal' trail that resulted in my crash there the other day (broken finger and ribs etc).

    I may be in the area with work around the 12th/13th June, but not sure yet. I'll post something when known.

    Oh and for Leanne:

    <b>Advice for New Female Forum Members:</b>

    1. We will question your gender, so be prepared to be asked to provide a picture of yourself.

    2. Mtbpro2 <i>isn't</i> your Boyfriend.

    3. In relation to the picture request in Item 1 above, this will be for a picture of your face, nothing else, no matter how much the prepubescent members of this Forum plead and beg

    4. Ritualz is Wikid <i>isn't</i> your Boyfriend.

    5. 99% of the male members on this Forum will try to form a 'relationship' with you (see items 2, 4 and 7 for clarification). The other 1% are old enough to be your father, and don't approve of you being on the Internet, talking to strangers.

    6. If SJ gives you some advice - take it.

    7. Richard Mortimer <i>isn't</i> your Boyfriend.

    8. Links to your Myspace account (if you have one) should be avoided at all costs.

    9. Keep your MSN address to your self. If you give it out on here, it will be abused (see items 2, 4 and 7 for clarification)

    10. You (the female of the species) are in the minority on here - and don't you forget it!

    11. Not everyone on here is what they seem - be wary of everyone.

    12. Welcome and enjoy your stay (however brief that may be)



    <hr noshade size="1"><b><center><font size="1"><font color="blue">Team</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Cake</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Official</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Rider</font id="blue">
    ><font color="green"><b>Lama Cycles</font id="green"></b><font color="green"> <i>"Attitude with Spit"</i></font id="green"> <</font id="size1">
    Official Forum Legend 2006 & 2007</b></center>
  • Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
    Ok fair is fair on the pic front! And since you asked nicely. i'll trawl through some pics that don't make me look like pyscho lady! How do I upload pic on here!
    P.S. Thanks for the advice.
  • El CapitanoEl Capitano Posts: 13,671
    Open a photobucket account www.photobucket.com and upload direct from your pc. Then just copy the url to one of the photographs into your profile.

    <hr noshade size="1"><b><center><font size="1"><font color="blue">Team</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Cake</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Official</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Rider</font id="blue">
    ><font color="green"><b>Lama Cycles</font id="green"></b><font color="green"> <i>"Attitude with Spit"</i></font id="green"> <</font id="size1">
    Official Forum Legend 2006 & 2007</b></center>
  • anto164anto164 Posts: 3,500
    i think really, the best thing is to have a weekday ride, i so can tag along, i work every frikin weekend.

    <b><font color="red"> MON BICI!!
    myspaz</b></font id="red">
  • Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
    Weeknight ride sounds good for me. I work nights sometimes but sure can get round those.
  • anto164anto164 Posts: 3,500
    LOL El Cap.

    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by El Capitano</i>


    <b>5. 99% of the male members on this Forum will try to form a 'relationship' with you (see items 2, 4 and 7 for clarification). The other 1% are old enough to be your father, and don't approve of you being on the Internet, talking to strangers.
    </b>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

    <b><font color="red"> MON BICI!!
    myspaz</b></font id="red">
  • Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
    !2th no good as its my birthday! 13th is good for me, but see where the work takes you.
  • Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
    I have taken the pointers into consideration! He he. Boys and their ways, hmmm!
  • El CapitanoEl Capitano Posts: 13,671
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by anto164</i>

    LOL El Cap.
    <i>Originally posted by El Capitano</i>


    <b>5. 99% of the male members on this Forum will try to form a 'relationship' with you (see items 2, 4 and 7 for clarification). The other 1% are old enough to be your father, and don't approve of you being on the Internet, talking to strangers.
    </b>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

    That 1% of course, would be me. [:D]

    <hr noshade size="1"><b><center><font size="1"><font color="blue">Team</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Cake</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Official</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Rider</font id="blue">
    ><font color="green"><b>Lama Cycles</font id="green"></b><font color="green"> <i>"Attitude with Spit"</i></font id="green"> <</font id="size1">
    Official Forum Legend 2006 & 2007</b></center>
  • rhionmrhionm Posts: 22
    I try and go there twice a week, once mid week and once weekend if I can be arsed! Aint been for a while since I sold my bike but my new one is getting delivered on Fri so I hope to go there this Fri/Sat!
  • anto164anto164 Posts: 3,500
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by El Capitano</i>

    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by anto164</i>

    LOL El Cap.
    <i>Originally posted by El Capitano</i>


    <b>5. 99% of the male members on this Forum will try to form a 'relationship' with you (see items 2, 4 and 7 for clarification). The other 1% are old enough to be your father, and don't approve of you being on the Internet, talking to strangers.
    </b>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

    That 1% of course, would be me. [:D]

    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

    [:0] el cap has 621 accounts? as 1% of the users are 621..

    im dissapointed at you..

    <b><font color="red"> MON BICI!!
    myspaz</b></font id="red">
  • Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
    In reply to xres72. I can't do Thurs as I have cicuit training at 7.30. But we can all arrange something, which suits all I'm sure!
  • anto164anto164 Posts: 3,500
    HANG ON!!

    IIRC, there is a bank holiday at the end of the month! sorted..

    <b><font color="red"> MON BICI!!
    myspaz</b></font id="red">
  • Leanne79Leanne79 Posts: 29
    That there is. I'm working the sat 26th, but free the rest of it. What do others reckin to that?
  • tom_majskitom_majski Posts: 432
    helloooooo,

    I rode llandegla with Alex last week (thats EvilAlex on forum) and it was class- though i think my fitness levels slowed him down a bit!) which run are you planning on riding?

    I'll be up there in the next couple of months so will in true forumite style, publish my whereabouts to encourage people to join me.

    Cap, i hear you had a little mishap up there recently..... howzit>?


    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

    Clearly they all were raped by hordes of capitalist, communist, black Jewish liberals with excellent dance moves and gigantic penises.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

    myspack
  • Xres72Xres72 Posts: 1
    Will be there tomorrow eve if anyone's up for it , hopefully get there for around six.

    Will probably do Wed(eve) & Sat(am) next week...
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,568
    I may have a site vist in Wrexham one day soon, for shame [}:)][;)]

    <b><font size="1"><center><font color="red">When God created mountains he meant them for climbing, not to be used as glorified toboggan runs.</font id="red"></center>
    <center> <font color="blue">Riding for <i>Team Cake </i>in 2007</font id="blue"></center></font id="size1"></b>
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • El CapitanoEl Capitano Posts: 13,671
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tom_majski</i>

    Cap, i hear you had a little mishap up there recently..... howzit>?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

    Finger is out of the strapping now, I can use it to brake and shift and grip the bars now - unfortunately half of it is still numb, but I have massage type exercises for it.

    I did think the ribs were seriously on the mend, until I tried to put on a rucksack this morning - huge mistake. Will probably be another week or so until I can get back to commuting and training properly.

    <hr noshade size="1"><b><center><font size="1"><font color="blue">Team</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Cake</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Official</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Rider</font id="blue">
    ><font color="green"><b>Lama Cycles</font id="green"></b><font color="green"> <i>"Attitude with Spit"</i></font id="green"> <</font id="size1">
    Official Forum Legend 2006 & 2007</b></center>
  • rubber side uprubber side up Posts: 2,150
    7th of july. anyone fancy making the trek up to Llandegla for a ride? I'll be up there with a mate. Theres supposed to be a demo day up there on that day (kona, santa cruz, commencal and cove)

    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by .M a t t.</i>

    there is no fogiveness, only AIDS<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • Xres72Xres72 Posts: 1
    Didn't make it out for a ride this evening [:(!] , so will be heading there straigh from work tomorrow, will be there around 5..if anyone's about you're welcome to join me..

    Or will be returning next Wednesday evening....
Sign In or Register to comment.