Pog v Vin, who win?

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,395

VLaB are still suggesting it is on 50:50 that Vingegaard and Wout will make the start.

Pog is clear favourite and rightly so. Fit, on form, and not overly fatigued by the Giro.

Roglic - last day at the Dauphine must be a worry, b ut looked ok to that point.

Remco - will be a lot better than at the Dauphine, but doubts over 3 weeks against the competition.

I could see Pog and A Yates on the Podium, with Roglic, or even someone like Bernal.

I just can't see Jonas being competitive.

• phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941

The UAE roster looks quite a bit stronger than the other teams. The Bora team is the strongest of the rest and it's not at the same level. Jumbo's is decimated and Ineos is a level below.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

I wouldn’t trust anything Jumbo say about his form tbh.

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,395

Looks like Juan Ayuso will miss the Tour following his crash in the Dauphine

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870

That's a good team mate to lose.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • rick_chasey

Worth remembering Pog went into last year's Tour undercooked following a broken wrist and subsequent surgery.

I had the same injury and it took me around 9 months to really recover from that. Pog, being the superman he is, did it in what, 3?

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

I think the undercooked thing is a bit over exaggerated tbh. A nasty injury, but it didn't stop him training on rollers. After that it's mainly pain management as soon as he can pull on the bars and stand on his pedals, and there's absolutely no doubt he has a ridiculous pain tolerance - as all pro cyclists do

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449

As I understood it, because of the nature of Pogacar's scaphoid fracture, he couldn't grip the bars so was off the bike for a significant, like 4 weeks or so, period.

• No_Ta_Doctor

You made me go and check and by May 18th (crash was 23/4) he was posting about his "last two weeks" indoor training (gym work and rollers)

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449

Vingegaard confirmed in the Visma-Lease-a-Bike Tour team, alongside Wout Van Aert.

I guess we'll find out in the opening week whether that's a wise decision.

• No_Ta_Doctor

Honestly, it's not like they've got anyone better to replace him with, is it?

If he's not in shape to fight for the yellow then he gets some racing in and goes to the Vuelta on that, while maybe doing some domestique work for Jorgensen or Kuss

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor

The Giro was a walkover, nowhere near hard enough to have much effect on fatigue. It was what, a week of racing then a two week training block?

• josame
    josame Posts: 1,162

erm.. he had training blocks before the race so that's alot of training and racing

Put it this way he ain't putting 10 minutes into the second guy at this one

'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • No_Ta_Doctor

The point was that he wasn't even really racing the last two weeks. Nobody pushed him, nobody forced him to go deep, they just let him do his own thing. Any efforts he made were little more than training for him. I don't think he's fatigued.

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,762

On the important issue here - yay or nay?

• hanshotfirst
    hanshotfirst Posts: 397

Very much a nay for me, but I've not liked any of their TdF edition jerseys.

It's reminding me of an Inverness Caledonian Thistle jersey from the 90s that I can't find online but if you know you know.

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

I like it more than I do their usual jersey.

• No_Ta_Doctor

I quite like it, a bit different, but the yellow/gold could be bolder and having another blue jersey in the peloton isn't winning me over. Will see what it looks like in race conditions.

• daniel_b
    edited June 20

wow, nothing like it out there imo, proof will be how it looks within the Peloton.

I can't tell if it will stand out, or blend in.

Are Bora meant to be going full Red Bull for the tour and beyond presumably?

Shame, as I actually like the latest Bora kit.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • rick_chasey

It will look dark blue.

• daniel_b
    edited June 20

A bit 2000s Piccadilly line seat vibes.

*They may well still be the exact same colour.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455

It has a Fleur-de-Lis pattern. That has some connection to this years Tour (didn't google it), since Colnago brought out a special edition of their C68 with a Fleur-de-Lis motif as well.

PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • hanshotfirst
    hanshotfirst Posts: 397

That's your UAE announced their line up then.

Pogacar, Ayuso, Sivakov, Yates, Soler, Almeida, Politt & Wellens.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

It's a bit more of a statement of intent than Jayco that's for sure. I thought Ayuso had previously been ruled out?

• No_Ta_Doctor

Possibly a touch light on rouleurs, though both Politt and Wellens are quality

• phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941

A stacked lineup. Ayuso, Almeida, and Yates would be solid top 10 on other teams, with Soler and Sivakov solid top 20 riders. I'm not sure even the Sky teams had such an array of talent.

• No_Ta_Doctor

It's stacked, but will they be able to control the race? I can see some potential for chaos breakaways forming