Giro 2024:- Stage 21: Roma (EUR) – Roma, 125.0k​m ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,776
    edited May 26

That Rome circuit is tough technical and seemingly ran on a construction site

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,776

Someone broke their collar bone?

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,156

There were big works on tram upgrading when I ws there last year

• wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 818

There still are. Was disappointed that the cement hoppers were generic green rather than Fassa Bortolo.

================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,159

Catched up now. Quite how Milan got back on the last lap to get that close is impressive.

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,510

Nairo

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,767

We were/are in Rome for the final stage and a few days break. Whole place is under construction of some sort. They are putting up a load of seating for an event next weekend which sat ‘almost’ finished and empty that the riders went through yesterday. Seemed a wasted opportunity. Anyway, we had a great day -,saw the Pope in the morning and was by the finish line for the race and close enough to the podium for ceremonies. Much nicer than a final TDF stage in Paris.

2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,394
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,063

Maybe they’re finally finishing that massive football stadium, it’s been half finished as long as I can remember and looks a bit of a mess or perhaps they’ll finally fix the hole in the roof of that old church.

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,671

Meanwhile, am in Paris and it's absolutely the right decision not to have the finish here this year - would be completely impossible.

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,671

Thanks for the threads, blazing! (And everyone who posted.)

I enjoyed it this year, after last year having two appalling GTs, was nice to have only one bit of chaos.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,874

Yeah, cheers Blazing!

I had a shocker but that is mostly because I tried to be clever. 🤣

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,156

Would have been nice for Cav to lead the tour onto the Champs, even without the last win.