Giro 2024:-Stage 18: Fiera di Primiero – Padova, 178.0km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,900

22 secs

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,815

I remember a few years ago the break stayed away as Demare got himself in a pickle and lost the Ciclamino

2 years ago as well was Magnus Cort (I think) that managed the breakaway closely and pinched the win

It's the last sprint stage of the Giro, in between the mountains where teams are mega tired. Stranger things have happened

As for the Dane, the closest I got was Valgren on the stage into Lucca, but yeah, slim pickings this year

• mididoctors

13 secs 39k .... Lots of corners ..peloton strung out

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

15secs

• mididoctors

That's one angry peloton

• mididoctors

15secs .... 37 K .....

• mididoctors

Was that Rico in the E giro?

• mididoctors

9 secs

• mididoctors

Looks like that's it

• mididoctors

Be held at 8 secs or so for over 10 K

• mididoctors

Demarrchi. Tumble

• mididoctors

He's ok

• mididoctors

14 secs ..... A bit of confusion in the bunch ...sprinter teams looking to GC teams to pace

• mididoctors

Arensmen mechanical...out the back at 8 k

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,388

Arensman might get a penalty for that use of the team car, surprised he didn't move with a camera in his face.

• mididoctors

Looks like he will make it back just

• mididoctors

Nervous bunch

• mididoctors

No one team strong enough to control it

• mididoctors

Milan out of position

• mididoctors

Merlier I think

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,972

Not sure how Milan got that close

• Pross

Merlier takes it but only just despite Milan being massively out of position then having someone switch him forcing him to completely change direction, he'd have taken it otherwise.

• mididoctors
  • Pross

Merlier also had to change his line due to someone cutting across him. There were some rubbish sprints from those who unexpectedly found themselves in with a chance.