Giro 2024:-Stage 13: Riccione – Cento, 179.0km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

3 groups .....

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,161

Groups 1 and 2 back boo! Group 3 still well back but don't think there's any names in there.

• mididoctors

Milan group on

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

3rd group grovelling back on

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,762

Well, we got a few minutes of fun.

• mididoctors

Ineos are good at surprising everyone ...nearly caught pog out

• mididoctors

Counter attack out of buggered peloton

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810

Another great stat courtesy of PCS. Ryder Hesjedal has 5 career wins, and one of those is the Giro

• mididoctors
  • mididoctors

Crash splits peloton

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,161

Crash just as the action started again has split the race into pieces.

• kingstongraham

Crash - difficult time to get back in, but was a fair way back in the peloton, doesn't look like anyone in the GC affected

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810

Indeed it was, with a stunning ride to the top of the Stelvio. Was a great race that year

• mididoctors

Last 5 k frantic

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Big big Stuyven turn

• rick_chasey

Gaveria goes really long but Milan had a great leadout, no way anyone can beat him.

• mididoctors

Alpecin need to bring a different sprinter

• rick_chasey

They're not the same without MvdP in the leadout...!

• mididoctors
  • kingstongraham

Lidl gave an absolutely perfect leadout there - after their troubles earlier on, very strong.

When they know they've got the best sprinter, the leadout just lays it all on the line.