Amstel Gold Race 2024 ***spoilers***

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,500

Big gap now 40 seconds if the timing is to be believed.

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,525

The front group are working pretty well - for a group that size

Behind, Jaco and Israel are giving a hand

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,785

MvdP not looking very MvdP

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

They are going to regret letting it come together

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,103

EF trying their best to bring MVDP back into contention

• rick_chasey

decent race in the end. Busy changing nappies soz

• mididoctors

They better not blow this

• mididoctors

Time is tumbling

• mididoctors

PIDDERS

• Pross

So stressful just watching. Pidcock takes it, I thought Hirschi had him.

• mididoctors

Good race last 35k

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,156

Pidders almost repeats the premature celebration

• mididoctors

Thank god MvdP had a off day. Lol

• Pross

More comfortable than it looked on the head on view. Full wheel.

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,380

Good win for Pidders.

Curse of the white shorts for MvdP

• No_Ta_Doctor

Sprint from a group of four has to be the cruellest and best finish for a one day race

• mididoctors

Hirschi was a gladiator .

• rick_chasey

Pidcock was very smart to bridge to the move.

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,380

Yeah we didn't really see how Pidders got across to that group but it was ultimately the crucial move

• No_Ta_Doctor

Vansevanants effort to join the front three was enormous. I can almost forgive him the disgusting climbing style.

• rick_chasey

Even my 5 year old “daddy he seems to be cycling with his shoulders”

• mididoctors
  • No_Ta_Doctor

I just need to know what his bike had done to him for him to be fighting it like that

• No_Ta_Doctor
  • No_Ta_Doctor
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,808

And Kirby missed it wittering on about something or other

Brian Smith has to interrupt him to say "I think this is really important here"

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,185

Good finish, just catched up on the last 50 or so km. Dang I did think about Hirschi for my ptp pick from team UAE but hey ho. Nice one Pidders.

• stage_hunter
    stage_hunter Posts: 308

And what made that worse was Kirby’s response of “I know it is”…..in which case Carlton why on earth were you wittering on about hirschi? His whole 2 or 3 minutes going on about Hirschi, then Ayuso, then Almeida, then back to Hirschi was embarrassing.

• Pross

As was him speculating that a rider had nearly crashed due to dust on the road when he’d plainly had to avoid a spectator in the road. Smith gave a slightly sarcastic comment to that one.

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787

Enjoyed the little cameo from the sausage dogs at the end.