Paris-Roubaix 2024 ***Spoilers***

Comments

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382

At least they're trying to do something 🤷‍♂️

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,133

What else can they do? I suppose they should possibly just sit up as the win has gone but Pedersen and Kung aren’t like that.

• phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941

This season has the air of the 99 Giro.

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605

He’s a specimen isn’t he. Incredible bike handling. Rarely crashes. Rarely has a mechanical. No punctures today. Mentally he’s absolutely done everyone again. Mads looks like the only one with the stones to at least try.

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gweeds

Impressed by Pidcock today. Not a race he’s suited to and he’s really showed up.

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,868

Agreed - shame that Tarling and Ineos ballsed things up, would have been nice to see what he could do, and or how he and Pidders might have been able to support each other.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382

Think he's been dropped now but solid outing given the crash a few days ago.

Pithie crashes out of G2

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310

Sport needs rivalry

MDVP is currently peerless.

It's impressive, but it's not entertaining

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310

Joke on the Twitter, he may get DQed for towing his team car

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

Vermmersh clips off to add insult to

Injury

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross

Not sure why so many people feels he’s not suited to it. Yes, he’s small and light but he’s done OK on the cobbles in the past and won the junior and U23 versions.

• Pross

Pithie has been impressive as he has for much of the season.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,624

Appreciate the brilliance but 🥱

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,084

Yep - boring boring boring.

When the sport is dominated by a handful, it's frikkin dull.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hanshotfirst
    hanshotfirst Posts: 397

Reckon Alpecin could Mapei it and lock out the podium here. The've absolutely bullied this race.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,584

hell be glad to get carrefour done. His biggest rivals are drunk Belgian fans.

• mididoctors

People tossing beer at MvdP is a bit off

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Philipsen flics the group

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,751

Kung gone

• Pross

Philipsen attacking from the chasers a bit odd

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,084

It's not on. It's not what we associate with cycling.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,751

The moment someone realised the moto had hit their phone

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700

Looks as if we have the order of the finishing groups sorted too.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,951

Pollit has been wheel sucking. He’ll probably still lose the sprint but he’s giving himself his best chance.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • gweeds

I think it’s the power now compared to the bigger riders who weren’t so big in the lower age groups.

• mididoctors

47kph ....

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,378

Staggering average speed, 1 kmh quicker than last year.

• gweeds

What’s that, an average speed of 29mph for the win.

bloody. Hell.

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,378

Phillipsen takes second from Pedersen from Pollit

• mididoctors

That's insanely fast .....tail wind or no tail wind