2024 Classics thread - Not a spoiler thread

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700

Next up its Dwars door Vlaanderen, which sees MvDP take the day off and WVA and all his available Visma cohorts return.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles

A huge crash in Dwars among the favourites.

• blazing_saddles

WVA ripped to shreds, Pedersen and Stuyven also out by the looks. Grimay also down….

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605

That changes the picture for Sunday.

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • blazing_saddles

None of them is in any shape to continue and by the looks, extremely doubtful for the Ronde.

A gust of wind the most likely cause.

• blazing_saddles

WVA being stretchered away….

• gweeds

Just me or did that look like a collarbone?

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,158

Right shoulder hanging low…

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,158

Thats a bollox

• blazing_saddles

Tarling bridging to the front chase group.

This constant split screening that Eurosport are so fond of, is really annoying.

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

Don't think either mads or WVA has a broken collar bone ....nasty rash . Mads looked more stunned

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Wva was moving both arms post crash

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Kung ..a rider I tend to forget about but shouldn't.... Hovering close to the podium of many a classic

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,584
    edited March 27

f*ck sake. Pederson, Stuyven, Girmay, WvA

• mididoctors
  • gweeds

Must be doubts for PR as well, and for WvA he has almost no racing in his legs now anyway.

• mididoctors

Kung hammer

• blazing_saddles

Of course the one rider who they couldn’t let go, they let go.

Jorgensen has it the bag, now.

• mididoctors

I liked the josh tarling yo yo show

• gweeds
  • rick_chasey

Fuck sake

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,533

Stuyven also needs an operation, collarbone

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,808

That crash sucks. Makes Sunday MVDPs to lose, really, as only Wout looked close to him in E3, and Mads is bashed up too

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,808

In other news, pile your money on Josh Tarling to win Paris Roubaix

• rick_chasey

Sucks. I’m really gutted actually. Not as a wva fanboi but because it makes for a much duller race.

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,510

Is Pogacar riding Flanders?

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,533

If he brings his licence and pays the £20 entrance fee

Warning No formatter is installed for the format